Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

i shouldnt laugh about this but i did.

My 11 year old daughter went roller skating with a few friends the other night.Now one of them was black and being very much a minority around here and fen folk being a bit backward,some girls had a pop at her friend and pushed her to the ground,kicking her with roller skates on saying"we dont want your sort here" now my daughters friend was upset but good on my daughter she had a go at the 4 girls involved telling them they were older and bang out of order.One of the girls grabbed my daughter and threatened to "smash her face in" bad move my mate is shit hot at some kind of martial art that deals with wrist locks,arm locks and pressure points and she always asks him to show her.Lets just say she had 2 of the girls begging for mercy on the floor.they still were doing a bit of chirping but my daughter justs laughed at them.

What grinds my gears is it should have been a fun night for KIDS,but some always try to start on someone and spoil a good evening.

I asked her if she was worried about going again,but she said not at all.i might give it a few weeks to let the dust settle.

i shouldnt laugh about this but i did.

My 11 year old daughter went roller skating with a few friends the other night.Now one of them was black and being very much a minority around here and fen folk being a bit backward,some girls had a pop at her friend and pushed her to the ground,kicking her with roller skates on saying"we dont want your sort here" now my daughters friend was upset but good on my daughter she had a go at the 4 girls involved telling them they were older and   bang out of order.One of the girls grabbed my daughter and threatened to "smash her face in" bad move my mate is shit hot at some kind of martial art that deals with wrist locks,arm locks and pressure points and she always asks him to show her.Lets just say she had 2 of the girls begging for mercy on the floor.they still were doing a bit of chirping but my daughter justs laughed at them.

What grinds my gears is it should have been a fun night for KIDS,but some always try to start on someone and spoil a good evening.

I asked her if she was worried about going again,but she said not at all.i might give it a few weeks to let the dust settle.

Good on your daughter. lol:appl:

This annoys me greatly. My gym also has "NO ENTRY" in BIG letters painted on the floor to give the braindead selfish twits a clue, but it doesn't stop them from ignoring it.

The main culprits are the "Yummy Mummies", and an ex Tigers player.

That's only one letter difference to what I'd call them.

An ex-Tigers player? Why does that not surprise me?

That's only one letter difference to what I'd call them.

An ex-Tigers player? Why does that not surprise me?

I'm pretty sure my original post had the other word. I'm guessing autocorrect kicked in again. >:(

People who think they're too good to take their trolley back to the trolley park thing in supermarket car parks and just leave it in an adjacent parking space.

Lazy bastards!

They're the first ones to moan when there are no trollies available at the door of the supermarket.

People driving on motorways staying in lane 2. FFS... anything other than lane 1 is for OVERTAKING... return to lane 1 as soon as it's safe to do so. Staying in lane 2 means anyone travelling faster in lane 1 has to cross 2 lanes in order to overtake. Undertaking is still illegal under Road Traffic Law.

Drivers who use only their sidelights in fog or at night. FFS USE YOUR HEADLIGHTS. You won't get charged extra on your electricity bill and you might just avoid an accident or KILLING SOMEONE :angry:

Foglights are meant for use in POOR VISIBILITY i.e. visibility less that 100 metres

Rule 133 of the current Highway Code states: - 'Use fog lights when visibility is seriously reduced’

This generally means when you cannot see for more than 100 metres (328 ft). You MUST NOT use fog lights at other times'. Remember to switch them off when visibility improves

Drivers who have their headlight bulbs incorrectly fitted resulting in one beam being on full, dazzling oncoming traffic. Most people will fit thier own headlight bulbs but FFS please just check they are seated correctly, thats all it is. Ensure the locating pins on the bulbs base are correctly seated in the recess in the headlight casing.

The squeal of a knackered water pump... worse than fingernails on a blackboard.. just buy some stuff from Halfords as a temporary cure. (other automotive parts shops are available)

Thank You

Edited by Parafox

People driving on motorways staying in lane 2. FFS... anything other than lane 1 is for OVERTAKING... return to lane 1 as soon as it's safe to do so. Staying in lane 2 means anyone travelling faster in lane 1 has to cross 2 lanes in order to overtake. Undertaking is still illegal under Road Traffic Law.

Drivers who use only their sidelights in fog or at night. FFS USE YOUR HEADLIGHTS. You won't get charged extra on your electricity bill and you might just avoid an accident or KILLING SOMEONE :angry:

Foglights are meant for use in POOR VISIBILITY i.e. visibility less that 100 metres

Rule 133 of the current Highway Code states: - 'Use fog lights when visibility is seriously reduced’

This generally means when you cannot see for more than 100 metres (328 ft). You MUST NOT use fog lights at other times'. Remember to switch them off when visibility improves

Drivers who have their headlight bulbs incorrectly fitted resulting in one beam being on full, dazzling oncoming traffic. Most people will fit thier own headlight bulbs but FFS please just check they are seated correctly, thats all it is. Ensure the locating pins on the bulbs base are correctly seated in the recess in the headlight casing.

The squeal of a knackered water pump... worse than fingernails on a blackboard.. just buy some stuff from Halfords as a temporary cure. (other automotive parts shops are available)

Thank You

I mentioned to a bloke I used to know how annoying it was when people do this. he got all uppity about it, and clearly was one of those people. I lost respect for him after that!

Thank You

I think travelling in the middle lane at the speed limit is perfectly acceptable. Had some bald cutn in an estate come right up behind me and my girlfriend flashing his lights because I wasn't speeding in the middle lane? Stick to the right lane if you want to break the law.

I think travelling in the middle lane at the speed limit is perfectly acceptable. Had some bald cutn in an estate come right up behind me and my girlfriend flashing his lights because I wasn't speeding in the middle lane? Stick to the right lane if you want to break the law.
No it's not for the reasons I stated already, apart from that it's in violation of the Highway Code and shows ignorance and inconsideration for other road users.

No doubt the driver who was flashing his lights thought you were being inconsiderate in forcing him to perform an unneccessary manouver to overtake you. The fact that he was over the speed limit is no excuse for your position on the road.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 3

I never understand the fuss either. There's no point pulling into the first lane if you are going to have pull out to overtake again in less than a minute. There is a third lane, use that.

I never understand the fuss either. There's no point pulling into the first lane if you are going to have pull out to overtake again in less than a minute. There is a third lane, use that.

Have to say I'm with Parafox on this one. If you're travelling at the speed limit in the middle lane, you're effectively making the outside lane impossible for others to use unless they're speeding.

No it's not for the reasons I stated already, apart from that it's in violation of the Highway Code and shows ignorance and inconsideration for other road users.

No doubt the driver who was flashing his lights thought you were being inconsiderate in forcing him to perform an unneccessary manouver to overtake you. The fact that he was over the speed limit is no excuse for your position on the road.

But if you are sticking to the speed limit, therefore sticking to the rules, in the middle lane, what rule are you actually breaking? If you're doing 70 in the middle lane, the guy who's going faster in lane 1 is also breaking a rule, surely?

But if you are sticking to the speed limit, therefore sticking to the rules, in the middle lane, what rule are you actually breaking? If you're doing 70 in the middle lane, the guy who's going faster in lane 1 is also breaking a rule, surely?

You're breaking the rules of the Highway Code, which is that you should travel in the left hand lane unless you are overtaking.

Have to say I'm with Parafox on this one. If you're travelling at the speed limit in the middle lane, you're effectively making the outside lane impossible for others to use unless they're speeding.

If the inside lane is clear then you should use that but if not, weaving in and out of traffic is far more dangerous than expecting someone to use the third lane. What's so hard about using the third lane anyway?

If the inside lane is clear then you should use that but if not, weaving in and out of traffic is far more dangerous than expecting someone to use the third lane. What's so hard about using the third lane anyway?

That's the whole point. If someone is travelling along at 70mph in the middle lane, the outside lane cannot be used by others unless they are speeding because of it.

So what i'm supposed to pull in and out of the first lane every 20 seconds to overtake drivers who want to go around 60 if I want to travel at the speed limit? I don't give a flying fu** if I'm not following the motorway code. The middle lane is safe and comfortable. If you want to speed, stick to the right lane. It gives me great satisfaction knowing i'm ****ing off people like you by the way. ;)

That's what it hinges on, isn't it? No-one minds if you're in the middle lane doing 70 and overtaking a row of HGVs or old people, but if the inside lane is empty and you're trundling along in the middle lane then people are going to become enraged.

In other news, I see that pavement cyclists in Leicester City centre are so emboldened that they are now ringing their bells to make people leap out of their way. Is this possibly getting a bit out of hand?

• Like 1

From 2pass.co.uk a site for learner drivers...

"When you are on the main carriageway of the motorway, remain in the first lane until you get used to the speed. If you need to overtake you must return to the first lane as soon as possible but only if its safe to do so! Many motorists try to stay in the overtaking lanes for normal driving. This is bad practice and causes inconvenience and tailbacks and annoys other users"

From yougov.com travel and transport section...

"You should always drive in the left-hand lane when the road ahead is clear. If you are overtaking a number of slower-moving vehicles, you should return to the left-hand lane as soon as you are safely past"

That's what it hinges on, isn't it? No-one minds if you're in the middle lane doing 70 and overtaking a row of HGVs or old people, but if the inside lane is empty and you're trundling along in the middle lane then people are going to become enraged.

In other news, I see that pavement cyclists in Leicester City centre are so emboldened that they are now ringing their bells to make people leap out of their way. Is this possibly getting a bit out of hand?

Reminded me of this:

Some people so accustomed to hear the bell in busy areas that they automatically feel they have to step aside!

So what i'm supposed to pull in and out of the first lane every 20 seconds to overtake drivers who want to go around 60 if I want to travel at the speed limit? I don't give a flying fu** if I'm not following the motorway code. The middle lane is safe and comfortable. If you want to speed, stick to the right lane. It gives me great satisfaction knowing i'm ****ing off people like you by the way. ;)

If you're overtaking a line of slower moving vehicles then, fine, you should have been told that during your lessons surely. And you don't p*ss me off because i know i'm a better driver than you and I have proof if you want it.

Edited by Parafox

If you're overtaking a line of slower moving vehicles then, fine, you should have been told that during your lessons surely. And you don't p*ss me off because i know i'm a better driver than you and I have proof if you want it.

I'm sure you are a better driver! Why would I care! lol

All I know is I spend about an hour and a half on a motorway every working day I have, I am not spending that time overtaking lorries and Nissan drivers over and over again if I want to travel at 70mph. End of.