Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

I'm sure you are a better driver! Why would I care! lol

All I know is I spend about an hour and a half on a motorway every working day I have, I am not spending that time overtaking lorries and Nissan drivers over and over again if I want to travel at 70mph. End of.

As i said, it's fine if you're overtaking a line of slower moving vehicles. My OP was aimed at those, and you have admitted to doing it, who REMAIN in the middle lane when lane 1 is CLEAR.

Further quote for you then...

"Three-lane motorway - you should stay in the left-hand lane unless you need to overtake slower moving traffic. To do this you should use the middle lane. If you need to overtake several vehicles then stay in the middle lane. There is no need to weave in and out of the left-hand lane as you overtake individual vehicles."

Edited by Parafox

Reminded me of this:

Some people so accustomed to hear the bell in busy areas that they automatically feel they have to step aside!

I had this published in the mercury letters page in 1997. It upset fellow workmates at the time who were cyclists. They never did understand my sense of humour.

Bikes.jpg

I'm sure you are a better driver! Why would I care! lol

All I know is I spend about an hour and a half on a motorway every working day I have, I am not spending that time overtaking lorries and Nissan drivers over and over again if I want to travel at 70mph. End of.

Perhaps your journey wouldn't take so long if there weren't idiots sitting, needlessly, in the middle lane causing tailbacks. >_<

So what i'm supposed to pull in and out of the first lane every 20 seconds to overtake drivers who want to go around 60 if I want to travel at the speed limit?

Um, yes that's exactly what you're supposed to do. Has never caused me a problem...

Perhaps your journey wouldn't take so long if there weren't idiots sitting, needlessly, in the middle lane causing tailbacks. >_<

ooh that drives me nuts!!! Middle lane fookin plodders!!!! i have to use the Motorway most days at present as my current job role has slightly changed and as i am driving correctly i end up getting boxed in as some cvnt doing half a mile an hour more than me pulls along side and just sits in the middle lane whilst i sit behind a lorry etc, so frustrating!!!! :@

If it was up to me, those people would have their driving licenses ripped up and would be made to take their test again. They effectively delete one of the lanes of the motorway. They must be either braindead, or totally inconsiderate. If there's no traffic in the slow lane, USE IT! :banghead::mad::@

I also sometimes drive in the 2nd lane at a steady 70, simply cause I don't want to be stuck behind lorries and constantly overtaking as mentioned by somebody else on here. However, some people think just cause they have a massive cruising BMW or Merc they have the divine right to commandeer the middle lane and it is too much effort to overtake on the 'fast' lane. Ford KA's are cars too you know...

I also sometimes drive in the 2nd lane at a steady 70, simply cause I don't want to be stuck behind lorries and constantly overtaking as mentioned by somebody else on here. However, some people think just cause they have a massive cruising BMW or Merc they have the divine right to commandeer the middle lane and it is too much effort to overtake on the 'fast' lane. Ford KA's are cars too you know...

So you don't like people hogging the middle lane if they drive a bigger, and one can assume, better car than you, or if they drive a little car, but you're happy to be a middle lane hogger yourself?

Okay...

So you don't like people hogging the middle lane if they drive a bigger, and one can assume, better car than you, or if they drive a little car, but you're happy to be a middle lane hogger yourself?

Okay...

By all means they can hog the lane all they like, it really doesn't bother me just don't get all arsey when you have to overtake me in the 'fast' lane when people are in a rush. Countless times people (usually in big cars) when overtaking in the 'fast' lane give me the two finger salute when passing me and I think its cause they see the car and think I am plodder, wheareas actually my car keeps a steady pace and obviously if there is room I will move aside but if everyone does it, why cant I hog the middle lane.

By all means they can hog the lane all they like, it really doesn't bother me just don't get all arsey when you have to overtake me in the 'fast' lane when people are in a rush. Countless times people (usually in big cars) when overtaking in the 'fast' lane give me the two finger salute when passing me and I think its cause they see the car and think I am plodder, wheareas actually my car keeps a steady pace and obviously if there is room I will move aside but if everyone does it, why cant I hog the middle lane.

I'm liking the logic. I suppose if everyone was to carry guns, and shoot people that get on their tits, that would be acceptable. I, for one, would have a field day.

I'm liking the logic. I suppose if everyone was to carry guns, and shoot people that get on their tits, that would be acceptable. I, for one, would have a field day.

Colombia, Ecuador and Venezuela have the politest crap drivers - no one gets arsey because everyone could be carrying a gun. The traffic may be mad but no one gets cranky.

I think if you are in the middle lane and driving at 70 it is a bit rich to expect you to weave in and out of traffic, or break the law by driving faster.

The original point is one that wholeheartedly agree with, when you are driving up the outside lane and suddenly you find yourself gaining on a car inexplicably driving in the middle lane at about 60.

Some times when it is busy and you pull in to the inside lane you can't always easily pull out and you get stuck behind a lorry then you can't get the speed up to get back into the middle lane.

That and cars with lights that are too bright or not set correctly and then drive straight towards you.

Learn to drive. :whistle::P

You're as bad as the BMW/Merc drivers.