Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Car incident today in Loughborough:

1.A driver drives straight in front of me (from a car parking bay) without indicating/looking from mirror (I was around 90 centimetres being him)....then

2.BOOM! (despite me braking hard as I can) run into the back of his car.....

3.Police come to the incident & breathalysed me which took 10 mins (despite the time then being 10:00..)

4.Police basically said during the incident ''oh it happens'', plus they ask me why I've got a personal number plate.

5.Police then told me to write personal/insurance details down.

6.They (police) finally say ''sort it between yourselves, nothing to do with us'' - (So, ok, why did you come then?)

7.The bloke (his car I hit) said straightafter the 'bump' said ''don't worry about it, there's no damage done and I'm fine myself.'' (in a calm and content manner; my car fine btw, only a small dent just above the bumper)

However, I gave him my Dad's mobile number (as he does the insurance etc), and he phoned me Dad up saying ''there's a SCRATCH that your lad made on my car, and I'm taking this further (he may well may mean court..) as this scratch has made me upset as it makes the back of the car ugly.''

8. I told me Dad what the 'victim' said saying it's ''all alright and no damage done'' (in front of the police, which they wrote down) at the time and basically from this had a war of words for around 5 mins, before he shut the phone down.

In a nutshell, poor drivers and people trying to get 'rewarded' by lying (& it's actually their fault). :glare::rolleyes::thumbdown:

(PS. Don't worry I'm gone for good from Monday, got two PM's from a month back I just read saying I apparently ''spout shit'' and ''lie'' to show off.....)

Edited by Wymeswold fox

1.A driver drives straight in front of me (from a car parking bay) without indicating/looking from mirror (I was around 90 centimetres being him)....then

3.Police come to the incident & breathalysed me which took 10 mins (despite the time then being 10:00..)

4.Police basically said during the incident ''oh it happens'', plus they ask me why I've got a personal number plate.

6.They (police) finally say ''sort it between yourselves, nothing to do with us'' - (So, ok, why did you come then?)

7.The bloke (his car I hit) said straightafter the 'bump' said ''don't worry about it, there's no damage done and I'm fine myself.'' (in a calm and content manner)

However, I gave him my Dad's mobile number (as he does the insurance etc), and he phoned me Dad up saying ''there's a SCRATCH that your lad made on my car, and I'm taking this further (he may well may mean court..) as this scratch has made me upset as it makes the back of the car ugly.''

8. I told me Dad what the 'victim' said saying it's ''all alright and no damage done'' (in front of the police, which they wrote down) at the time and basically from this had a war of words for around 5 mins, before he shut the phone down.

In a nutshell, poor drivers and people trying to get 'rewarded' by lying (& it's actually their fault). :glare::rolleyes::thumbdown:

(PS. Don't worry I'm gone for good from Monday, got two PM's from a month back I just read saying I apparently ''spout shit'' and ''lie'' to show off.....)

Yes i had one of those last year when i was parked up,engine off and some guy reversed into me,he tried claiming i reversed into him,we(company) took him to court and he paid up a week before.

Dont worry about a few who have a go,it will always happen in life im afraid to everyone,but you can at least use the ignore function on here,dont let it woory you pal.

7.The bloke (his car I hit) said straightafter the 'bump' said ''don't worry about it, there's no damage done and I'm fine myself.'' (in a calm and content manner; my car fine btw, only a small dent just above the bumper)

That's pretty pathetic.

Anyone who insults you via PM isn't worth a wank. Just block them and ignore them.

I think if you are in the middle lane and driving at 70 it is a bit rich to expect you to weave in and out of traffic, or break the law by driving faster.

The original point is one that wholeheartedly agree with, when you are driving up the outside lane and suddenly you find yourself gaining on a car inexplicably driving in the middle lane at about 60.

Some times when it is busy and you pull in to the inside lane you can't always easily pull out and you get stuck behind a lorry then you can't get the speed up to get back into the middle lane.

That and cars with lights that are too bright or not set correctly and then drive straight towards you.

Suddenly? How does that work?

Do you mean driving in the middle lane and catching up with someone doing 60?

You should spot them in plenty of time so you can either overtake using the right hand lane or slow down and use the left.

I know the guy ahead is in the wrong but two wrongs dont make a right.

Not had any decent job alerts with my emails for over a week. I saw on a Mecury billboard that a Leicester store is closing so that'll be even more after less jobs. I'm hoping the office skills course I'm doing may lead to someyhing. The ones that do it also train and employ cleaners. Even if not with them it'll be at a standard level 2 I think whatever that means. The DEA at the jobcentre is checking what benefits I'd lose or not if I had tax credits.

Did you get your boilee sorted?

Bit of a driving theme going on right now.

I'm the sort of driver who treats the speed limit as the road's minimum speed whereas the speed limit+10% (aka the true legal limit) is my limit and I for one can't fvcking stand it when I'm stuck behind somebody who's not even close to it (the posted limit). But the thing that pisses me off most are people who are driving in the wrong fvcking lane. Space in the lane to your right? TAKE IT AND LET ME OVERTAKE YOU. Even if I can already overtake you (which I will, I'll just give you a nasty look). I refuse to break the law by going on the inside to get around these p!ssheads because I like to lead by example, but if I see a car with the reg v4nd4mm4n you can be sure someone's getting shunted off the road. :angry:

MsFoxy had a similiar incident several years ago when she nudged someone, he bounced out of the car and said he was fine, nothing on the car and yet two weeks later we received whiplash claims for his wife and him. THEN three weeks after that his daughter put in a whiplash claim even though she wasn't even in the car!!

Don't go. You still haven't filled us in on your escapades. :P

Ignore the haters.

Edited by FoxyPV

i end up getting boxed in as some cvnt doing half a mile an hour more than me pulls along side and just sits in the middle lane whilst i sit behind a lorry etc, so frustrating!!!! :@

lol These driving things are funny! Especially the above. A very annoying situation!

Middle lane hoggers are pointlessly annoying! IF lane one is clear, why not just use that? Is it not wide enough for your car or something?

Telephone interviews. Got one later.

In my experience, they're conducted by an "HR" tool who is asking questions that they're told to and don't understand the answers you give, because they don't understand the job they're interviewing for, or the industry they're supposed to work in.

Telephone interviews. Got one later.

In my experience, they're conducted by an "HR" tool who is asking questions that they're told to and don't understand the answers you give, because they don't understand the job they're interviewing for, or the industry they're supposed to work in.

They are also not who you are going to be working with day in day out, so any expression of personality is redundant. I hate HR and I really hate HR conducted interviews, good luck and expect the normal banal questions, the best one I had is "How do you make a decision?" along with the usual strengths and weaknesses crap.

They are also not who you are going to be working with day in day out, so any expression of personality is redundant. I hate HR and I really hate HR conducted interviews, good luck and expect the normal banal questions, the best one I had is "How do you make a decision?" along with the usual strengths and weaknesses crap.

Thanks mate.

Yeah, I genuinely don't understand the purpose of "HR". I'm not being the slightest bit facetious, I honestly don't understand what they're there for.

I hate the entire notion of HR. It the same way that McDonalds insist on calling chips 'fries'.

It's called Personnel.

It's called Personnel and it's staffed by women who couldn't get a proper secretarial job but then wanted to try to make it sound more important than just putting job applications into a filing cabinet and writing job adverts which made no sense or missed out the telephone number to ring.

So they created job profiles, workplace directives, policy documents and rebranded themselves something that could have an acronym because acronyms indicate something important. Then they made up an institute and Universities clicked onto the fact that they could earn money from companies giving paper to these idiots who only have to provide a portfolio of their work (photocopies of documents).

But they are still just jumped-up secretaries working in a personnel office. No more important than Sally Webster with a clipboard.

I think I hate "HR" as much as I hate cats.

• Like 1

I hate the entire notion of HR. It the same way that McDonalds insist on calling chips 'fries'.

It's called Personnel.

It's called Personnel and it's staffed by women who couldn't get a proper secretarial job but then wanted to try to make it sound more important than just putting job applications into a filing cabinet and writing job adverts which made no sense or missed out the telephone number to ring.

So they created job profiles, workplace directives, policy documents and rebranded themselves something that could have an acronym because acronyms indicate something important. Then they made up an institute and Universities clicked onto the fact that they could earn money from companies giving paper to these idiots who only have to provide a portfolio of their work (photocopies of documents).

But they are still just jumped-up secretaries working in a personnel office. No more important than Sally Webster with a clipboard.

Spot on (apart from the bit about cats).

It is a profession that has been created purely to perpetuate itself.

If you ask an 'HR' person what they actually do, they will answer using a lot of very vague language such as monitoring, implementing and strategy - which is a euphemism for doing online shopping and posting shit on Twitter.

What I do know is that every 'HR' department I've ever been in is absolutely silent and the 'HR Officers' have very tidy desks.

Even the very small amount of activity that they get involved in that would traditionally be carried out by a Personnel department, they're terrible at it. They don't know what a recruiting manager is looking for and they usually have no clue about the industry they work in and have no way of assessing somebody's experience against what is required.

It is a cartel and a joke.

It's called Personnel.

Best thing about this is i came on this thread today - for the first time ever just to say i hate any arsehole who works in HR! Looks like you beat me to it!

Best thing about this is i came on this thread today - for the first time ever just to say i hate any arsehole who works in HR! Looks like you beat me to it!

Everybody feels the same.

The only people who understand or see the value in 'HR' are people who work in 'HR'.

I think even they are in denial about their purpose in life.

Edited by BornBlue

The worst thing about HR is the name, human resources, I am not a fvcking resource, I am a human being, recources are things like raw materials not people. The most ridiculous example of human resources was when I was travelling a lot with work, I always found the cheapest flight within the limits of convenience including travelling on Sundays and staying over in cheap hotels so I could be at work on a Monday morning (not for purely altruistic reasons as it allowed my rather large restaurant/bar bills to slip in unnoticed).

HR then decided that they wanted to book all of our flights through a travel booking service, because it would be cheaper, it wasn't it took 4 or 5 e-mails between me saying where I needed to be and when, them giving me a selection of flights, all more expensive than ones I could find myself, then me having to confirm, then do the same with the hotel, it always without fail took more time and cost more money than me doing it myself. Then to cap it all I was flying back one time and bumped into the HR manager flying in business class. Utter hypocritical tw@.

Everyone hates HR.

To get back on track though - Hangovers. I can't shift this one at all. Head is busting and regardless of how many painkillers i take, the pain doesn't go away.

To get back on track though - Hangovers. I can't shift this one at all. Head is busting and regardless of how many painkillers i take, the pain doesn't go away.

Man up - you sound like just the kind of weak type who'd work in HR.

Man up - you sound like just the kind of weak type who'd work in HR.

No chance, HR-types would never have the balls to drink to hangover levels. They're all just 'only a small glass of chardonnay for me, please' whilst looking like they're sucking on a lemon and casting looks of disapproval at anyone who dares to drink a 'proper' drink, before covertly making a note in their filofax (yes, they still have one) to record in said person's file, 'potential substance-abuse issues'. >_<

I don't like HR much either. :D