Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Where I work, we use a HR dept that has 7 persons who work. Unfortunately for everyone who deals with them for anything is that they are ALL part-time. Therefore you never deal with one person for anything, and when it gets passed onto another person in their absence they pretend to not know a thing about it, so they don't have to do anything.

I'm sure there are some lovely HR people, but usually they get satisfaction out of making others hoop jump for no reason other than to make themselves feel important or essential.

So you're an assistant secretary or an assistant to the secretary?

Neither, it's a completely new environment for my boss.

Our manager brought her in because she was supposed to be a bit of a ball-buster and a go-getter I think. Funnily enough she ended up turning on him quicker than she was supposed to turn on us.

Man up - you sound like just the kind of weak type who'd work in HR.

lol

I'd say I went for a cure but I was drinking coconut daquiris so I'd forfeit even more man points.

Grr....... :mad: missing being at the top of page 600... by one post. (damn you too hell FoxyPV)

If it means that much to you, just ask Webbo to delete one of your older posts in this thread, find one say that it doesn't truly reflect your views and you want it to be deleted and you will leap to the top of the 600th page.

My local One Stop.There are about a 1000 people stacking shelves and one person on the till,this shopper must see im only buying a paper and rushes to the till with a full weeks worth of products,the cashier can see the queue snaking round the block,does she call anyone else on the till?does she fook.Do the people stacking shelves jump to relieve the queue(oooeeerr)or carry on talking shit to each other?The latter!Then when i think all the shopping is put through the till,the shopper decides they will have a few scratch cards,but you have guessed they are a little unsure of which ones they want.When they have decided, they then want to check last weeks lottery numbers as they cannot be arsed to look themselves at home.They are obviously a very considerate soul as they have collected all the fooking streets tickets for the next draw and want to process each one on an individual basis.When i ask if anyone else could serve i am looked at as if i have just murdered someone.WHY ME.When i do get to the till not a word grabs the paper scans it and holds her hand out.Being sarcastic i just said"if i had waited much longer i could have got Wednesdays paper as well! "still nothing.

My local One Stop.There are about a 1000 people stacking shelves and one person on the till,this shopper must see im only buying a paper and rushes to the till with a full weeks worth of products,the cashier can see the queue snaking round the block,does she call anyone else on the till?does she fook.Do the people stacking shelves jump to relieve the queue(oooeeerr)or carry on talking shit to each other?The latter!Then when i think all the shopping is put through the till,the shopper decides they will have a few scratch cards,but you have guessed they are a little unsure of which ones they want.When they have decided, they then want to check last weeks lottery numbers as they cannot be arsed to look themselves at home.They are obviously a very considerate soul as they have collected all the fooking streets tickets for the next draw and want to process each one on an individual basis.When i ask if anyone else could serve i am looked at as if i have just murdered someone.WHY ME.When i do get to the till not a word grabs the paper scans it and holds her hand out.Being sarcastic i just said"if i had waited much longer i could have got Wednesdays paper as well! "still nothing.

Should have just left the paper in the cashiers waiting hand and said 'fook it, you took that long, I've read it now'', and walked out, :giggle:

Edited by Darkon84

I feel your pain man, my favourite is when, after standing there picking their noses while the server has to spend more time packing their bags for them, they act all surprised on being asked to pay, oh shit yeah, I have to pay for this, hang on where did I put my wallet, now how shall I pay, what is going on I am so confused.

Ok I am a bit obsessive but I will normally have a my bag, brought from home, ready to pack my own shopping, the money sometimes even the exact change (because 20p for the paper £1.75 for a sandwhich is not difficult math) ready in my hand to pay. I also don't get why they need to wait for the other person to physically leave the shop before they can start serving the next person, just pile it up there is a queue. Finally THE BARCODE IS ALWAYS IN THE SAME PLACE!!! Seriously, I used to work in a shop, even on new items I had never seen before I didn't need to look at the back of the box to know that is where the barcode is, and whenever there is something with a barcode in an unusual place, like the new "i" newspaper, I didn't need to search for it every fvcking time.

I am so happy with the self service machines, except when they are being stupid but that is a different rant.

I feel your pain man, my favourite is when, after standing there picking their noses while the server has to spend more time packing their bags for them, they act all surprised on being asked to pay, oh shit yeah, I have to pay for this, hang on where did I put my wallet, now how shall I pay, what is going on I am so confused.

God I hate people. Why do they do this? It's just inexplicable. Then they start counting out their exact change, making them even more of a fantastic person.

This!!

These twats also spend 15 minutes rearranging their bags, purse and coat before vacating the till area. Happened to me earlier, I was raging.