Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

That guy is a hero.

Beg to differ.

I've never, ever received a parking ticket because I've never, ever parked somewhere prohibited or underpaid for my stay in a paid-for car park.

Personally, I think people who try to get off without paying and/or moan about being caught are dim-witted cvnts who deserve everything they get.

"I was only just..."

"It's only five minutes over, mate!"

"Fvck off, parky warden, and get a proper job"

Bollocks. It's clear what we all have to do. Lots of people do it properly. I'd have the cars crushed for overstaying in a bay by one minute. Wankers.

I got a lift back from a gig recently with a mate and he'd parked for about three hours in a clearly marked residents only bay and got a ticket. He was incandescent with rage about the supposed unfairness of it all, to the point where he could barely speak and kept banging the steering wheel - he even made me read the ticket because he was too cross to. For reasons unclear he then appealed the ticket, and it was only then, when they sent him the photos of his car sat in the middle of a bay with 'residents only' written in 2 foot high letters literally on the ground alongside the vehicle, which was parked right next to a sign on a post saying the same thing, that he realised he was being a bit of a knob about it

I got a lift back from a gig recently with a mate and he'd parked for about three hours in a clearly marked residents only bay and got a ticket. He was incandescent with rage about the supposed unfairness of it all, to the point where he could barely speak and kept banging the steering wheel - he even made me read the ticket because he was too cross to. For reasons unclear he then appealed the ticket, and it was only then, when they sent him the photos of his car sat in the middle of a bay with 'residents only' written in 2 foot high letters literally on the ground alongside the vehicle, which was parked right next to a sign on a post saying the same thing, that he realised he was being a bit of a knob about it

i always assumed those signs meant " residents of the UK"

You'd have thought he'd have got special treatment if he'd claimed he was an illegal parking immigrant.

He'd have got his own double bay and a free BMW and a chauffeur and everything.

They all do, you know.

You'd have thought he'd have got special treatment if he'd claimed he was an illegal parking immigrant.

He'd have got his own double bay and a free BMW and a chauffeur and everything.

They all do, you know.

My sister volunteered at a doctor's clinic set up for illegals - the place was full of people who had no home/a shitty home and couldn't afford medical care because they weren't NHS backed. Most of them were also going through severe depression or similar mental illnesses and had nobody else in the world outside of this clinic to give a rat's arse about their lives or even know that they existed. They were mostly perfectly normal and friendly people being d!cked about by the govt as they tried to appeal for asylum or even to simply get back home. Not to mention the number of homeless nationals with nowhere else to go who used this clinic too.

A couple of months ago the govt shut them down.

Who's helping all those people now you ask? They're back to being lost in the woodwork, abused by this country's legal system until they top themselves (and they do top themselves) or get abducted and abused by violent gangs.

I know you were only being facetious but it seemed prudent to point out.

British people using American phrases or words.

Why would you?

Couldn't agree more. Winds me up so much, and it's getting worse all the time.

It's waiting for, not waiting on.

It's arse, not ass.

It's aeroplane, not airplane.

It's car park, not parking lot.

It's pavement, not sidewalk.

It's different from (or to, at a push), not different than.

It's just often, not oftentimes. That's not even a word.

There's about a million more of these.

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more. Winds me up so much, and it's getting worse all the time.

It's waiting for, not waiting on.

It's arse, not ass.

It's aeroplane, not airplane.

It's car park, not parking lot.

It's pavement, not sidewalk.

It's different from (or to, at a push), not different than.

It's just often, not oftentimes. That's not even a word.

There's about a million more of these.

You can see how someone might accidentaly use an american term tho, we've all grown up watching hours of american tv and film.

Also, got the job on Intensive Care somehow. What ground my gears was I nearly fainted in the drugs calculation exam prior to the interview, the pressure was too much. I am such a ****ing tart.

Edited by z-layrex

Facebook statuses such as this:

"When Whitney Houston+Amy Winehouse died my facebook news feed was full of status's about them.Yet 6 British soldiers died yesterday along with hundreds more fighting for our country and there is 1 maybe 2 status's about it!!! If u support our British soldiers put this as your status to show your respect to those who have lost their life.."

Given the number of posts like this that pop up on my newsfeed, clearly I must be "friends" with far too many semi-retarded numpties...

British people using American phrases or words.

Why would you?

Facebook statuses such as this:

Given the number of posts like this that pop up on my newsfeed, clearly I must be "friends" with far too many semi-retarded numpties...

Amen to that!

:ph34r: