Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Something that really pissed me off today, trying to buy shoes, why do they lace them like that, it is just nonsense everywhere I go they lace shoes with one going top left to bottom right then snaking all the way back up. You can't loosen them, you can't tighten them, why do they do it, these people are worse than HITLAH!!!!

Edited by Captain Shrapnel

Tunein radio / my Blackberry

I bought a Blackberry specifically so I could listen to Test Match Sofa and now the fvcking thing won't work. I don't know wether it's the app or the fvcking phone.

I was I'd bought an iPhone.

Adding loads of extra letters to words in Facebook status updates

'loooooooooollllll'

l o l has covered it to be honest, you find it funny, I get it.

Tunein radio / my Blackberry

I bought a Blackberry specifically so I could listen to Test Match Sofa and now the fvcking thing won't work. I don't know wether it's the app or the fvcking phone.

I was I'd bought an iPhone.

It would be the same on iPhone as that doesn't have an FM radio either, meaning it would rely on the same app.

Adding loads of extra letters to words in Facebook status updates

'loooooooooollllll'

l o l has covered it to be honest, you find it funny, I get it.

Which stands for " laugh out out out out out out out out out out out out loud loud loud loud"

Someone I know who's finishing uni soon saying they are scared of applying for their first full time job? :dunno:

Scared of what? Hard work?

I don't see what's scary.

How about scared of applying for a job and not getting one? Or scared of a process they've not been through before?

Well done on making it without a degree, Matt, but your anti-Uni stance is a little OTT at times. I agree Uni isn't for everyone, and yes, too many are choosing education over life experience, but not all students are work shy tossers, who have been trying to avoid the inevitable. some careers rely on having a degree, or higher.

How about scared of applying for a job and not getting one? Or scared of a process they've not been through before?

Well done on making it without a degree, Matt, but your anti-Uni stance is a little OTT at times. I agree Uni isn't for everyone, and yes, too many are choosing education over life experience, but not all students are work shy tossers, who have been trying to avoid the inevitable. some careers rely on having a degree, or higher.

Fair enough, I suppose instead of questioning this person I should be congratulating them on applying for jobs anyway instead of a couple of work shy tossers that I know that are serial uni drop outs that keep going back and dropping out over and over again who are in their mid to late 20's who have never worked a day in their life.

Edited by Matt

Yes, they're probably scared of the fact they've got to go up for jobs with X hundred other people and it's going to be an long, arduous process to finally get one, if they're lucky enough to even find one in their given field after working at it for three solid years.

Fair enough, I suppose instead of questioning this person I should be congratulating them on applying for jobs anyway instead of a couple of work shy tossers that I know that are serial uni drop outs that keep going back and dropping out over and over again who are in their mid to late 20's who have never worked a day in their life.

Everyone's different, so trying being empathetic rather than judgmental. Remember how hard it was getting your apprenticeship; that's how some Uni graduates are when leaving Uni.

Yes, they're probably scared of the fact they've got to go up for jobs with X hundred other people and it's going to be an long, arduous process to finally get one, if they're lucky enough to even find one in their given field after working at it for three solid years.

Three years? Try five years :(

£10 standard delivery on Hollister.. WTF ?

There's good reason for that. It's so dark in the stores that people who can see are fvcked and so they have to employ blind people who it doesn't make a difference to, to find what you've ordered in the store and get it to the lorry.

Edited by ajthefox
  • Like 1