Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Someone leaving a big dirty skid down the back of the only unoccupied toilet when I went to take my morning constitutional, and then despite flushing when finished it is still there mocking me. Resigned to defeat I exit the stall just as a recently introduced colleague enters to use the toilet. A brief hello when we cross, and a deep cringe as he enters the cubicle he has just seen me exit.

Do I call over that it was there when I got there, make a joke or do I just slink off in shame?

Answers about 5 minutes earlier please.

Edited by Captain Shrapnel

Someone leaving a big dirty skid down the back of the only unoccupied toilet when I went to take my morning constitutional, and then despite flushing when finished it is still there mocking me. Resigned to defeat I exit the stall just as a recently introduced colleague enters to use the toilet. A brief hello when we cross, and a deep cringe as he enters the cubicle he has just seen me exit.

Do I call over that it was there when I got there, make a joke or do I just slink off in shame?

Answers about 5 minutes earlier please.

lol

I took the back off my watch to change the battery and now I can't get the back back on. I've tried the internet and it says snap the back back on, I've tried Mr google, I've tried! It isn't that f**king easy. :mad:

I took the back off my watch to change the battery and now I can't get the back back on. I've tried the internet and it says snap the back back on, I've tried Mr google, I've tried! It isn't that f**king easy. :mad:

have you tried snapping the back back on ?

you do realise the is usually a little cut-out where the "winder" mechanism is and it has to be located there correctly ?

have you tried snapping the back back on ?

you do realise the is usually a little cut-out where the "winder" mechanism is and it has to be located there correctly ?

I've just about given up. I'm going to have to take it down the jewellers in a minute.

You need one of these. Only a fiver off the market.

ArKsZtwCMAAJj34.jpg

ArKsuCaCQAI-OYm.jpg

Hit it with a hammer!

You big girl!

I've just about given up. I'm going to have to take it down the jewellers in a minute.

have you replaced the battery with one of those from a multi-pack ?

if so check the old battery number ( you may need a magnifying glass ) and make sure you haven't put a slightly thicker but similar sized battery as the replacement ,

this will prevent the back from snapping shut.

Edited by Zingari

if so check the old battery number ( you may need a magnifying glass ) and make sure you haven't put a slight thicker but similar sized battery as the replacement ,

this will prevent the back from snapping shut

No it's the proper battery, it cost me 75p for £3 or £4 I could have got a jeweller to replace it without this hassle.

TBH when the battery goes on this one I won't know how to get the back off. Got fed up with watches. They were not good for my wrist. Started to just use my phone. Never had expensive watches anyway. Went to the market. Was chatting to a well known stallholder who was next to a watch stall. I asked how much the fobs were and they were about the same as the normal watches which only last a few months. I liked the design on this one. Reminds me of Dracula's coach. Only took the photo when I saw this thread so never rotated it. Loaded it on twitter.

if so check the old battery number ( you may need a magnifying glass ) and make sure you haven't put a slightly thicker but similar sized battery as the replacement ,

this will prevent the back from snapping shut.

Similarly, if it has a waterproofing gasket, make sure that's perfectly located and ideally greased.

And, apologies if I'm stating the obvious, but make sure it isn't the sort that requires a bit of a turn to go back on. If it has notches in the back, you can make do with needle-nosed pliers to give it the necessary turn.

Edited by BornBlue

Having my meds changed every bloody time I've got used to the last lot - I'm off my tits again and good for nothing.

So pretty much the same as usual, then?! :whistle: *runs and hides* :P

I took it to our local jewellers and he tells me that the gasket is knackered so I need a new one. He says to me to get one and he'll put it on for me. Problem is there are loads of different diameters and depths so I'm not sure which one to order. It's a hard red plastic gasket and it seems that the minimum order is 30.

I just rang Goldsmiths to see what they would charge and they said £50.00 which I'm not prepared to pay.

I took it to our local jewellers and he tells me that the gasket is knackered so I need a new one. He says to me to get one and he'll put it on for me. Problem is there are loads of different diameters and depths so I'm not sure which one to order. It's a hard red plastic gasket and it seems that the minimum order is 30.

I just rang Goldsmiths to see what they would charge and they said £50.00 which I'm not prepared to pay.

What watch is it? Sure you'll be able to find one cheap on the internet somewhere.

Goldsmiths wanted £90 or something to change the battery on mine. I paid someone £20 to have it done properly with all the pressure testing etc.

Edited by BornBlue

What watch is it? Sure you'll be able to find one cheap on the internet somewhere.

Goldsmiths wanted £90 or something to change the battery on mine. I paid someone £20 to have it done properly with all the pressure testing etc.

It's a Tissot, I bought it second hand off Ebay 2/3 years ago. I've been searching the internet but as I said I don't know which specific gasket I need.

Edited by Webbo