Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

stix, seriously it was a joke,hence the :ph34r: emoticon and the metion of homophones of which there,their and they're belong to.

Keep up...:P;)

*inserts red face*

Is that the same group that Mack belongs to?

Or am i getting my wires crossed they're?

People who think that vicitms of sexual abuse and rape are somehow to blame for what happens to them.

What like..."They brought it on themselves by being out at that time" (should it happen at night.)

The ongoing series of BT Infinity adverts.

The premise is ruddy absurd: A fat, obnoxious student lives in, and is the landlord of, a luxury apartment. The inexplicably wealthy fat brat lets out his two spare rooms to a quiet , polite boy and his unfaesibly sexy female friend. Fatboy spends his entire life playing computer games, bragging about his broadband speed, being rude to his boy lodger and trying to hit on the girl in increasingly creepy ways. The girl, probably a slag, doesn't help matters by constantly making innuendos and engaging in suggestive small talk.

I hate it! Although the girl is ridiculously fit.

3_1327318400_Picture%203.png

Edited by BornBlue

The premise is ruddy absurd: A fat, obnoxious student lives in, and is the landlord of, a luxury apartment. The inexplicably wealthy fat brat lets out his two spare rooms to a quiet , polite boy and his unfaesibly sexy female friend. Fatboy spends his entire life playing computer games, bragging about his broadband speed, being rude to his boy lodger and trying to hit on the girl in increasingly creepy ways. The girl, probably a slag, doesn't help matters by constantly making innuendos and engaging in suggestive small talk.

I think it was the first advert that pissed me off the most, sorry I can't rent out both rooms as I don't have enough broadband, even though they both seemed to turn up with a load of stuff like they were expecting to move in, and yet they weren't. Just an anooying clumsy load of crap really. What's wrong with just saying, BT Infinity 4 times faster than average broadband and also comes with these features, blah, blah, blah, and kill off these cheesey poorly acted 1 dimensional characters.

Whoever had the idea to tag previews onto the end of Coronation Street needs to kill themself now.

To be fair this obsession with telling people what is coming up in the show, then what will happen after the break, then what is coming up in this half, then what will be in the next programme, drives me crazy, you spend half the time watching them tell you what you are going to be watching, or reminding you what you have already watched. In this day and age of digital recorders, sky plus, +1 channels, endless repeats and internet catch up, you don't need to be told what happened in case you missed it, it is impossible to miss something these days.

Rudetube is probably the worst for it, after the break you will find out the top 5 videos, here are 4 of them now anyway, the same ones we have been showing clips for all show, and when we get round to showing you the "full" clip, we are just going to show you the same clip again, but with a "funny" comment over the top.

Edited by Captain Shrapnel
  • Like 1

I couldn't agree more, although for me it's the "quiet, polite boy" rather than his female friend that is unfeasibly sexy. Every time one of those adverts comes on it's like "****'s sake, not this shit again", followed by patiently waiting for glimpses of the cute guy...

Edited by lcfcadam

A little person has just put on BGT, the 3rd Semi-final.

The what now?

The THIRD semi-final?

For the love of Dawkins, how pig shit thick is this country?!

They call it a semi-final because its the round before the final, but I know what you mean. Anyway, would you REALLY want a fourth, fifth or sixth round, then a quarter final then a semi of this sh1te?

The finalists are pre-determined by the shows producers. Someone I know went last year and stood in line for hours and watched as the production team went round with acts names on a sheet of paper and pulled them out of the queue. It turned out these had been promoted by agents and tapes had been seen by the shows producers before the auditions were held .

Hence I predict the Irish singer/songwriter, the 3 guys (whose name I forget) and Only Boys Aloud will be in the top 4 tonight

Edited by Parafox

I think the long haired lad is quite funny. Could do well in a sitcom.

On the subject of adverts, the seeimngly non-stop stream of radio clips about "The dog having Steve Redgrave" or "I've lost Chris Hoy".

Play them once an hour, not every 10 minutes.

I tidied them all up - you'll find them on the mantelpiece. :ldn2012:

The DWP. Received a letter from the council today. My housing and council tax (two letters from same dept) is being stopped because the DWP has told them my circumstances have changed. What the DWP failed to them that my JSA has been REDUCED because they have imposed a sanction.

Now I have got to waste money phoning various departments to try and rectify it then go to the housing officer with proof that my circumstances have not changed for the better.

The letter from the DWP about the sanction and JSA is confusing and contradictary. The sanction is until the 15th May yet they are paying hardship payments unmtil 12th June

They say My NI based JSA runs out 15th May and in a paragraph below 16th May same wording. But My NI JSA ran out last December and I was on income based JSA. This is about the third letter from them all the same.

How much does it cost to send these letters out? I am sure I am not the only one.

The DWP. Received a letter from the council today. My housing and council tax (two letters from same dept) is being stopped because the DWP has told them my circumstances have changed. What the DWP failed to them that my JSA has been REDUCED because they have imposed a sanction.

Now I have got to waste money phoning various departments to try and rectify it then go to the housing officer with proof that my circumstances have not changed for the better.

The letter from the DWP about the sanction and JSA is confusing and contradictary. The sanction is until the 15th May yet they are paying hardship payments unmtil 12th June

They say My NI based JSA runs out 15th May and in a paragraph below 16th May same wording. But My NI JSA ran out last December and I was on income based JSA. This is about the third letter from them all the same.

How much does it cost to send these letters out? I am sure I am not the only one.

Nope... According to sources there are 2,999,999 others

People who ask you to arrange something, so you spend about half an hour sorting things out and finding information for them because they are too lazy, text them back with the information they have been to lazy to find out and then they don't reply to you asking if they are interested yet they can update their facebook via mobile so blatently have seen the text.