Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

The damn adverts for the drench flavoured water drinks. Just some bloke droning on in an exaggerated bored voice.

Unfortunately is part of the current advertising package on the screens at the gym I work at so I hear it every 10 bloody minutes!!!!!!

Urgh, that blokes voice, couldn't agree more.

Didn't starlings mimicked. My bedroom is ina loft/attic and for as long as I can remember there have been some on the roof that sound a bit like a football rattle. Best description. Don't know what they are. must be a rgular family and may have a nest near. Got used to them now.

Re one of my previous posts. Bureaucracy still gets up my nose. Just phoned the DWP regarding my JSA. The sanction that I had finishes tomorrow but got to wait until the end of the month until I go back on the full amount. Gone from £71 to £42 hardship pw. I have also got to go in the housing office because the DWP told them there was a change in circumstances but neither dept checked as to why. The dwp said they should have contacted them but never told the benefits office why.

So I have to make a trip there and sort it out.

Solicitors(apologies to any that may lurk here) Couldn't get a Declaration form signed at the Community Law office had to go to a real solicitor. Charged me £5 for a signature. Did the swearing bit to say what I had written was the truth and that was it. No more than 2 minutes. £2.50 per minute £150ph. Has anyone said to you you are in the wrong job?

ppl who use ur stuff and dont tell u about it & then when there done they've left ur stuff in a right state or not put in back where they go it from.

What? Have you written in Geordie or something because all I can see is a blur.

Solicitors(apologies to any that may lurk here) Couldn't get a Declaration form signed at the Community Law office had to go to a real solicitor. Charged me £5 for a signature. Did the swearing bit to say what I had written was the truth and that was it. No more than 2 minutes. £2.50 per minute £150ph. Has anyone said to you you are in the wrong job?

I doubt the long hours of being a solicitor would suit you Nightguard. And there'd be heavy lifting of files and stuff. :P:whistle:

They get their juniors to do the heavy lifting.

He did say though that it was a standard charge so it was not just him ripping people off. I needed the disclosure doing and other than going to see a JP I had little choice. If it has the right outcome in the end I suppose it'll be worth it.

Another thing I thought wierd today. I had to make an appointment to make an appointment to see the doctor although the surgery hours may have had something to do with it. You would have thought that there would be a receptionist on duty outside those hours so to take appointments when the doctor is on duty.

Waking up fairly so-so, then slowly deteriorating for the rest of the day and finally ending up with a dry flu feeling on a really hot day. I'm literally hallucinating now, I could be writing this in hieroglyphics for all I know.

I had similar symptoms, it sounds like the onset of syphilis...wait 12 hours then your knob should drop off.

If you go to a doctors to get something signed it costs more than a fiver.

Will I be charged for asking for something to prove my state of fitness? A letter or similar. Need confirmation that I'm OK to do a job I've been promised on condition I pass all the vetting which now includes my fitness. Its just a lot of standing and walking..