Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

You thought the English media could be a bit xenophobic?

Check out this beauty by MBC - one of Korea's biggest broadcasters.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsNHYYrvMrk&feature=youtu.be[/media]

What really frustrates me is that it's only a small amount of smallminded morons (like the BNP/EDL in the UK) that buy this stuff, yet a national broadcaster can spout this utter bullshit without fear of reprisal. Probably some racist nutbag high up at MBC decided "hey, let's make the weigukin (foreigners) look bad again" and everyone else went along with it for fear of losing their jobs.

I'm :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: right now.

Foreign boys we ar here, shag your women and drink your beer.

People who eat what they haven't even bought yet in supermarkets. You know, they buy a multipack of crisps, open it and take one out and start shovelling their faces full. Or open a bottle of pop and start swigging it back. They reason that they're still going to pay for it at the check-out, but that's not the point, the point is HAVE SOME DECENCY! YOU'RE NOT "STARVING!"* PEOPLE IN THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES ARE STARVING. YOU ON THE OTHER HAND ARE A PATHETIC, DRIP WITH NO SELF-CONTROL OR SENSE OF WORTH!!!

Seriously, is it too much to ask people to wait 30 mins?

*don't get me started on people who say "I'm starving" when you know full well they ate breakfast that morning or who say "I'm freezing" when it's 16 C in summer!

And another one - when you stand at the door as a delivery person, knock, ring the bell, knock again (cos you're SURE there's someone in (I wouldn't have bothered with the 2nd knock otherwise.)) So you write out a card to say come and collect your parcel from the depot and you post it through the letterbox, but as you're walking off down the path someone comes to the door and says "You didn't knock, I wouldn't have known you were there if I hadn't heard the letterbox go!"

Soooo, let me get this straight? You didn't hear the knocking or the doorbell, but you heard the letterbox go? You lying get! You heard it perfectly well, but couldn't be bothered to look until you saw the slip come through the door and realised it was something for you, so you come to the door and try to make it look as if it's MY fault! :angry:

This happens far too frequently not to be pointed out.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

I concur. I worked at Waitrose while I was at uni and there was nothing more annoying than having to put a half eaten baguette through the till. Actually there was something more annoying, customers that fart at your till... you can't get away from it and the next customer assumes it's you.

• Like 1

And another one - when you stand at the door as a delivery person, knock, ring the bell, knock again (cos you're SURE there's someone in (I wouldn't have bothered with the 2nd knock otherwise.)) So you write out a card to say come and collect your parcel from the depot and you post it through the letterbox, but as you're walking off down the path someone comes to the door and says "You didn't knock, I wouldn't have known you were there if I hadn't heard the letterbox go!"

Soooo, let me get this straight? You didn't hear the knocking or the doorbell, but you heard the letterbox go? You lying get! You heard it perfectly well, but couldn't be bothered to look until you saw the slip come through the door and realised it was something for you, so you come to the door and try to make it look as if it's MY fault! :angry:

That would piss me right off if I was in your profession.

Cheeky Bastards lol There's always 1 (more in your case) isn't there Trav.

Not our postman. He knocks on the door and by the time you've answered it he's 3 houses down the road.

Not our postman. He knocks on the door and by the time you've answered it he's 3 houses down the road.

I used to be based at Syston when I started (that was fun, driving halfway round the City at 5.30 am - thankfully I got a transfer after 6 months, don't think I'd have lasted!) so there's a fair chance I know him. :)

Koreans rank as the most racist and xenophobic people I've ever met/worked with.

Either that or they just didn't like me and I really can't believe that was the case...

What really gets me about this whole business is that most Koreans I know or have seen here are friendly, pretty outgoing and interested in talking about foreign culture. And there's never a shortage of girls wanting to 'study English'... :whistle:. And then an article like this makes them look like knuckle-draggers.

(Another thing with that video - it's degrading towards Korean women as well...implying that they're all weakminded - so racism and sexism in one neat package.)

The problem is that the xenophobia here is held by many people that have positions of power...so in some ways it's institutionalised in a way I've not seen anywhere else.

Edited by leicsmac

People who eat what they haven't even bought yet in supermarkets. You know, they buy a multipack of crisps, open it and take one out and start shovelling their faces full. Or open a bottle of pop and start swigging it back. They reason that they're still going to pay for it at the check-out, but that's not the point, the point is HAVE SOME DECENCY! YOU'RE NOT "STARVING!"* PEOPLE IN THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES ARE STARVING. YOU ON THE OTHER HAND ARE A PATHETIC, DRIP WITH NO SELF-CONTROL OR SENSE OF WORTH!!!

Seriously, is it too much to ask people to wait 30 mins?

*don't get me started on people who say "I'm starving" when you know full well they ate breakfast that morning or who say "I'm freezing" when it's 16 C in summer!

Like, wow. I don't think I've ever known you so angry and shouty.

People like me have to eat the food while we shop because it would be dangerous to be eating while cycling two-abreast, jumping red lights. You clearly haven't thought this through, Trav.

Groups of people in the pub who stand obstructing the toilet door and seem to think they don't need to move when someone needs to get past.

Why would you stand in front of the toilet anyway? Perhaps some people really like the smell of piss?

220px-Wet_floor_-_piso_mojado.jpg

These - several times in my life I have tripped over these signs (usually in crowded shopping areas), but I have NEVER slipped on a wet floor and if I did I'd accept that it was my own fault for being too thick to tell the difference between wet and dry.

These - several times in my life I have tripped over these signs (usually in crowded shopping areas), but I have NEVER slipped on a wet floor and if I did I'd accept that it was my own fault for being too thick to tell the difference between wet and dry.

"Piso Mojado"

Must be a toilet floor.

Maybe you just need to look where you're going? :dunno::P

So you think you're thick if you slip on an unmarked wet floor but you've tripped over a massive, bright yellow hazard sign several times? Riiiiiight...

• Like 1

Are you Trigger in disguise?