Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Yes it is. They may breathe on you. . Then you will have to be deloused or catch leprosy. They should move all the beggars to the ghettos where they belong so us decent people do not have to associate or come into contact with them.

Sorry I thought that said begging in the streets. I can agree sincerely with how begging for retweets.can be annoying.

Edited by Nightguard

Yes it is. They may breathe on you. . Then you will have to be deloused or catch leprosy. They should move all the beggars to the ghettos where they belong so us decent people do not have to associate or come into contact with them.

Sorry I thought that said begging in the streets. I can agree sincerely with how begging for retweets.can be annoying.

I read that before the edit and wondered what the hell you were on about. lol

Weird, because what grinds my gears, is that despite decades of so called progress, families are unable to support themselves with just one wage, as they could and did, normally very well 20/30 years ago, I wonder if kids having a mother a round 24/7 also meant that there weren't so many shitty little brats around then as there are now.

It is also weird that in an age of huge amounts of unemployment, you seem to want more people in the job market, thus driving down wages and creating the need for both parents to work, because of these lower wages, thus driving down wages further because even more people are in the job market.

Lets increase the retirement age while we are at it, that will slolve our unemployment problems.

What we need is good parents.

not parents who rush of to work leaving their kids to strangers, or worse no one.

We already have a generation growing up often neglected by their parents now, we should facilitate parents to do the most important work of all: Bring up their kids to be responsible decent members of society.

What we need is good parents.

not parents who rush of to work leaving their kids to strangers, or worse no one.

We already have a generation growing up often neglected by their parents now, we should facilitate parents to do the most important work of all: Bring up their kids to be responsible decent members of society.

Exactly, what should be looked at more is allowing parents, of both sexes, to work from home, there are a lot of jobs where you sit in front of a computer all day, or use a phone, all of these things can be rooted through your home PC and phone and allow you to do everything you need to without leaving home sitting in an hour long commute, with everyone else who has to be at work at the same time, who also just sit in front of a computer and answer phones.

Other options are reducing the number of hours you work, why does everyone need to work a 40 hour week? Why must everyone work 9-5? Why must all schools be the same time? Why are we so stubbonly rigid in our lives that we cannot spread everything around a bit more, allow a little flexibility and common sense and allow people to pick up their jobs around more important things such as being a parent?

• Like 1

Exactly, what should be looked at more is allowing parents, of both sexes, to work from home, there are a lot of jobs where you sit in front of a computer all day, or use a phone, all of these things can be rooted through your home PC and phone and allow you to do everything you need to without leaving home sitting in an hour long commute, with everyone else who has to be at work at the same time, who also just sit in front of a computer and answer phones.

Other options are reducing the number of hours you work, why does everyone need to work a 40 hour week? Why must everyone work 9-5? Why must all schools be the same time? Why are we so stubbonly rigid in our lives that we cannot spread everything around a bit more, allow a little flexibility and common sense and allow people to pick up their jobs around more important things such as being a parent?

Well said on both last 2 posts capn :thumbup:

Edited by Zingari

is that despite decades of so called progress, families are unable to support themselves with just one wage, as they could and did, normally very well 20/30 years ago,

...without flat screen TVs, iPhones, games consoles, foreign holidays, 2xcars in the garage, sushi, all the latest fashion and gadgets etc. and safe in the knowledge that the next generation would pay for their final salary pension schemes and generous state pension. It's always easier when you've got access to lots of free financial security and nothing else to spend your money on. How do you think people on benefits can afford to go to the pub numerous times per week? It's about priorities.

35-hour work week?

...without flat screen TVs, iPhones, games consoles, foreign holidays, 2xcars in the garage, sushi, all the latest fashion and gadgets etc. and safe in the knowledge that the next generation would pay for their final salary pension schemes and generous state pension. It's always easier when you've got access to lots of free financial security and nothing else to spend your money on. How do you think people on benefits can afford to go to the pub numerous times per week? It's about priorities.

What does this have to do with benefits, we are talking about both parents having to work to provide for themselves and their family, when in the past it was pefectly feasible for families of 4 to live very comfortably off the salary of one parent. What you are demonstrating is the consumerist society we have become, the need for the latest gadgets and status symbols, whipped up by aspirational TV, and shrewd marketing, it is called capitalism, and it is driving more people to work to be able to afford everything that gets shoved down their throats on a daily basis.

I am not sure where you get this generous state pension from, it's not the one the current government are proposing, nor how the burden of that is on the next generation, it is on you to pay into your state pension and private pension schemes to be able to receive it.

35-hour work week?

For me and most other people who work office jobs it is 9-5 monday to Friday, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week = 40.

Yes you only get paid for 35, because of this hour that you are supposed to have for lunch, but most people don't take it, and even if you did spend the whole hour having lunch, you are still away from your children 40 hours a week, plus commute.

That's consumerism not capitalism. I'm not one for consumerism myself, but if other people want to prioritise buying an iphone over having time to look after their kids then that's their choice. The point is that when you said it is no longer possible to raise a family on a single wage you were wrong, all it takes is for people to prioritise appropriately.

Also, 35-hour work week, France, failed miserably.

• Like 1

That's consumerism not capitalism. I'm not one for consumerism myself, but if other people want to prioritise buying an iphone over having time to look after their kids then that's their choice. The point is that when you said it is no longer possible to raise a family on a single wage you were wrong, all it takes is for people to prioritise appropriately.

Also, 35-hour work week, France, failed miserably.

But capitlism needs consumerism to work, part of the reason we are in this mess is because capitalism only truly works if everybody spends all/the majority of their money.

I am not proposing a 35 hour week, that wouldn't work because it really is no different, what I think is important is allowing people flexibility to choose how many hours they work and when they work them and get paid accordingly. We live in a global 24 hour society, there are people out there who would rather work early and finish early, there are people out there who would rather start late and finish later, there are people who would rather work less hours, and get paid less. Of course this not feasible for all lines of work, but my issue is more with how rigid and inflexible we are. In the end all that matters is that the work gets done.

The post office /sorting office/ postmen

I don't know who's fault this is. On 23rd May I went in the Campbell Street sorting office and posted two items. One was a normal letter in a large envelope. The other was copies of the poetry that were in my book. I sent that recorded delivery. The first was some documents for the company that are supposed to be giving me a job. Found out last Friday they had not received so had to send the info by Email.

Anyway today I got home and there was a Fed Ex card waiting No name on but it had flat B (I'm flat C) but thought it might be my MS. Looked at my receipt though and the ID numbers were different so I tracked it on the Royal Mail site. It turns out it was delivered and signed for on the 26th. I have a print out of the sig and it is nothing like my name.

What is strange is that two things have either not been delivered or sent to the wrong person and I sent both at the same time in the same post office.

The helpline on the website is useless. Went on twitter. Sent one tweet had a reply then waited ages. After looking at my email it turns out they sent me a DM asking for the details via email.

Should not the postman check the sig when delivering RD items? The sig doesn't even look like the bloke in the next flat to me name.

OK rant over.

Should not the postman check the sig when delivering RD items? The sig doesn't even look like the bloke in the next flat to me name.

The delivery is made to the address & not the person. The item could have any name on it & it should not make any difference. What should be 'recorded' at the time of delivery is a signature to confirm the item was accepted at that address.

When you go to the Royal Mail website........it should give the address it was delivered to & a signature of the person who accepted the item at that address (& they should print their surname).

It doesn't sound as if this will help you, but I hope you can figure out what happened

I didn't see the address displayed only that it had been signed for. On the print out it just says delivered from the South Leicester Office. It has the barcode and sig. The surname is illegible to me. and def not printed.

Edited by Nightguard