Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

I didn't see the address displayed only that it had been signed for. On the print out it just says delivered from the South Leicester Office. It has the barcode and sig. The surname is illegible to me. and def not printed.

It sounds to me, you are the recipient & not the sender. The sender should have a Certificate of Posting that will show the address it was sent to & the corresponding barcode alondside that address. It is usually the sender that makes any enquiries with Royal Mail, as they are the ones that have paid for the service, but it looks as if this might not be possible in your case. That said, a signature should have been taken & the surname printed. It looks as if this has not happened. It is worth making enquiries with Royal Mail, who may be able to speak to the delivery person concerned. Maybe the sender can make an enquiry too?

The problem with Recorded Delivery.........it only treated slightly differently to regular 1st or 2nd class post. The only difference is that a signature is taken at the point of delivery. The postman knows the address he is delivering to, but does not necessarily know the name of the person signing & does not know if it is a genuine signature. It costs a lot more, but if I was to send anything that is so important, valuable or sensitive.......I would always use Special Delivery. It is tracked throughout the system & comes with far more security & peace of mind.

Not much help, I know. I can only suggest you contact Royal Mail & take it from there. Good luck!!

I am both. Sent a collection of my poetry to my self not to be opened unless spmebody claimed they were theirs.

Program on now about copyright theft. Fake Britain BBC1 Ought to send my story to them.

Edited by Nightguard

Ironic dancing. Dance properly or sit the f**k down.

They are dancing properly, they just don't want to admit it, they actually like and enjoy dancing like that, but it seems so ludicrous that it becomes exagerrated and a bit of a joke. Dancing is a very public display of style and rhythm if you ain't got that but you want to dance you have to make your style one of comedy.

Trust me, I am an ironic dancer, I wish I was a good dancer, or just a non self-conscious dancer, I know that nobody in the place gives a shit how I am dancing, but it makes me feel better to think that if they did pay any attention to me dancing they would think he's just having a laugh, rather than, "OMG he really dances like that!!!".

Had a response from Royal Mail. They have passed the details onto the local delivery office and will investigate. Will lrt me know in 48 hours.

Only thing I find strange is two things I sent were in the same kind of envelope and were taken over the counter. One was signed for but the name was not printed. the other never arrived.

The contents would not be valuable as in cash only if they were to be copied and passed off as another person. That would not be known unless opened so may have been dumped if the purpose was cash. The name on the sig does not look like my neighbour so it was a visitor or someone outside the house. Either way it was not signed for in the correct manner ie. printed name.

Are we even going to get a summer this year?

Were you around 2 weeks ago ?

Its surely gonna pick back up

Anyway,

People littering through the letter box everyday

Ive never got anything off an ad that came through the door

F**KING DAILY NUISANCE

Were you around 2 weeks ago ?

Its surely gonna pick back up

Anyway,

People littering through the letter box everyday

Ive never got anything off an ad that came through the door

F**KING DAILY NUISANCE

I wouldn't call 2 weeks of sun a summer! Argh

They've abandoned the second day of the Suffolk Show and are in the process of evacuating the showground as marquees have blown over and heavy cranes, machinery, etc, have been declared unstable. Apparently it's absolute chaos in the area as they're trying to get people off site while others, who haven't yet heard it's been abandoned, are still queueing to get in! >_<

They've abandoned the second day of the Suffolk Show and are in the process of evacuating the showground as marquees have blown over and heavy cranes, machinery, etc, have been declared unstable. Apparently it's absolute chaos in the area as they're trying to get people off site while others, who haven't yet heard it's been abandoned, are still queueing to get in! >_<

Bet it's fun at Download as well

Hate this drought.

If this weather keeps up the hose pipe ban will be over in August.

Just been looking at this site, you have to laugh at the stupidity of it all:

http://www.hosepipeban.org.uk/hosepipe-ban-current-situation/

Can I fill my swimming pool with a hose?

No, you can only use buckets.

But it still uses the same amount of water.