Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

The "kiss-and-tell" stories in the papers.

Usually some unknown man or woman who has had an affair with a celebrity (normally Z-list) who describes the relationship in graphic detail, with no thought for the partner or spouse of the said celebrity.

Then, having finished telling this passionate, lovely tale of warmth and affection, and therefore acrimoniously being dumped, ends the story by slagging off the "cheat" and stating how they feel "sorry" for the partner or spouse and they can now see them for "what they are". Presumably what these no-marks fell for in the first place. Normally ending with a "whole lot of regrets and wanting to put the sorry episode behind them", although the money for blabbing is quite good, right?

Shit nights out where you want to leave but can't because everyone wants to stay and you feel like you're ruining everyone's night by wanting to go home because they'll feel an obligation not to leave you on your own even though you want them to stay.

Ugh.

Successive governments fucking around with the curriculum. One minute it's all 'creative learning', the next it's 'learning by rote'. Here's a radical thought... why not just let teachers get on with it - they might even find a happy medium all by themselves. :angry::@:glare:

• Like 1

as a teacher (?) what's your thought about introducing compulsory poetry from the age of five? Serious question from something referred to in another thread. I thought that it would have been part of the English lessons.

Edited by Nightguard

I remember when Labour got in and started fücking with it as i was in primary school at the time. I think they introduced a "literacy hour" which wasn't my favourite idea. Hope we don't end up like Korea where children work about 14 hours a day to try and keep up but leave school with zero real skills or critical thinking ability.

I remember when Labour got in and started fücking with it as i was in primary school at the time. I think they introduced a "literacy hour" which wasn't my favourite idea. Hope we don't end up like Korea where children work about 14 hours a day to try and keep up but leave school with zero real skills or critical thinking ability.

lol You have no idea man. I honestly feel for most of the kids here.

It's not a party thing, all three parties can't stop meddling with something they don't understand. Every education secretary wants to make massive changes in order to demonstrate he/she can implement change so they can get promoted. League tables and SATs, bi-annual revisions, altered focii - never letting any change have time to bed in. Nearly every decision to change education is based on ignorant party political dogma rather than researched fact...and, as I say, it is irrespective of party in power.

Parties use education as a political football and kick crap out of it because all of their kids go to private schools; they don't care although there are some who care less than others.

Not been contacted again. I don't know what is taught nowadays. Thought there were still nursery rhymes around or Edward Lear, Alice in wonderland. Don't parents read to children anymore? Children have very imaginative minds when encouraged to use them.