Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

The fact that for some reason I can't post in the 'How was your day' thread.

I think the powers that be have decided that no-one's interested in how anyone's day went

you should go to ireland , they say it twice , as in "not at all at all " :D

I've always quite fancied going to Ireland, but I'm not going to now

I love it when Lisa gets pissed off. It's heart and soul pissed off, no half-measures. :D

As for those four wheel drive merchants you can't even ram the bastards cos you'd bounce off.

Every time there's two lanes at a junction they block both to turn right. Are they born selfish or is it something that's thrown in with the vehicle package? :angry:

I love it when Lisa gets pissed off. It's heart and soul pissed off, no half-measures. :D

As for those four wheel drive merchants you can't even ram the bastards cos you'd bounce off.

Every time there's two lanes at a junction they block both to turn right. Are they born selfish or is it something that's thrown in with the vehicle package? :angry:

I'm glad I can be of some use!!

Large cars ought to be banned. Unless you have a five-a-side team for a family, there really is no need.

On the subject of driving, I was saying to the other half it is far too easy to get on the roads these days. When you watch the inept way that a lot of people in this country drive, it makes you wonder how they ever managed to pass their test.

Large cars ought to be banned.

Can't agree.

Cars with a higher consumption pay more in VED and fuel tax, thereby contributing more to the upkeep of the road than the fuel efficient vehicles which damage the surface to an equal level.

One day I will have a very large car. Oh yes. :cool::D

Can't agree.

Cars with a higher consumption pay more in VED and fuel tax, thereby contributing more to the upkeep of the road than the fuel efficient vehicles which damage the surface to an equal level.

One day I will have a very large car. Oh yes. :cool::D

We shall have to agree to disagree. My feelings are based on the number of feckwits that are seen driving the bloody things.

:unsure:

The incorrect use of the word "ballad"

A ballad is a song that tells a story, ie the Ballad of Reading Gaol

It is NOT any particularly soppy, overly sentimental love song.

NOTE: it's always the especially awful love songs that get called ballads. I have no idea why.

Not according to the dictionary it's origin - 1350–1400; ME balade < MF < OPr balada dance, dancing-song, equiv. to bal(ar) to dance (< LL ballāre; see ball 2 ) + -ada -ade 1

<h2 class="me">bal⋅lad</h2>  var interfaceflash = new LEXICOFlashObject ( "http://cache.lexico.com/d/g/speaker.swf", "speaker", "17", "18", "speaker.gif  /ˈbælthinsp.pngəd/ Show Spelled Pronunciation dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif [bal-uhthinsp.pngd] Show IPA Pronunciation dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif

–noun 1. any light, simple song, esp. one of sentimental or romantic character, having two or more stanzas all sung to the same melody. 2. a simple narrative poem of folk origin, composed in short stanzas and adapted for singing. 3. any poem written in similar style. 4. the music for a ballad. 5. a sentimental or romantic popular song. Source

It would seem you're getting anry for nothing :dunno:

Buying a lovely cardigan from Marks and Spencer and finding there's a big hole in it.

These child workers in Bombay really need to get their act together

I would never have put these words in the same sentence.

Until I went into M&S recently. They have some mint stuff on the smart/smart Casual front.

You should come along sometime. It's a real eye opener into how ignorant, rude and selfish the nouveau middle classes are.

First of all you must drive a Chelsea Tractor, or a people carrier at the very least. Secondly, the rules governing the car park don't apply to you, so you can ignore all the "no entry" signs and arrows. Once you've avoided the stupid wallies who drive round properly, you can then park in the designated creche spaces or parent/child spots, despite the fact your youngest child is 9. Still, you want to take him into the ladies changing rooms, as the family changing room is "too cold" (true story) and you can't expect him to change himself.

You then need to be able to jealously discuss with your mates how "lucky" Sandra was in getting a deal on the deluxe chalets at Center Parcs, and how you didn't really want to go anyway, but she must be on the phone to them all the time to pull something like that out of the bag every holiday.

When it's not half term, it's pretty much the same kind of thing, but without the children.

Brilliant! Ella must be some kind of freak child as at the age of 5 she not only dries and dresses herself after swimming but doesn't demand sweets and says please and thank you. I'm clearly doing something wrong if I want to join this elite group.

Brilliant! Ella must be some kind of freak child as at the age of 5 she not only dries and dresses herself after swimming but doesn't demand sweets and says please and thank you. I'm clearly doing something wrong if I want to join this elite group.

Fo' sho'! What's the point in going swimming if you don't get some sort of treat afterwards? It was always a battered burger and chips for me when I were younger. Mmmmmmmmmm... battered burgers.

Fo' sho'! What's the point in going swimming if you don't get some sort of treat afterwards? It was always a battered burger and chips for me when I were younger. Mmmmmmmmmm... battered burgers.

Ahh but she's learnt that if she doesn't pester for stuff she's more likely to get it, I didn't say she doesn't get it I just said she doesn't whine for it like some some kids - there's the difference ;)

I would never have put these words in the same sentence.

Until I went into M&S recently. They have some mint stuff on the smart/smart Casual front.

I thought it was just my age. It was much nicer than the one they had in Next. It's the one shop where I feel completely relaxed about taking stuff back, because I know there's no chance of them being arseholes about it

I thought it was just my age. It was much nicer than the one they had in Next. It's the one shop where I feel completely relaxed about taking stuff back, because I know there's no chance of them being arseholes about it

What is your age?

Next is overpriced Tat.

I think it's a Leicester thing (other then Next) but where I work, I give stuff back worn, no reciept and I never get any hassle, but in Leicester I end up having arguements and allsorts. Saying that M&S are very good on these sorts of things especially if you buy online!!!

What is your age?

Next is overpriced Tat.

Advanced. By that I mean 33

I think it's a Leicester thing (other then Next) but where I work, I give stuff back worn, no reciept and I never get any hassle, but in Leicester I end up having arguements and allsorts. Saying that M&S are very good on these sorts of things especially if you buy online!!!

Having worked in retail in Leicester many moons ago, I think you might be right. The state that some people brought stuff back in was unbelievable, which meant you got very cynical about returns generally

Advanced. By that I mean 33

Having worked in retail in Leicester many moons ago, I think you might be right. The state that some people brought stuff back in was unbelievable, which meant you got very cynical about returns generally

My friend said the same thing, she used to work at Next Fosse Park and she was quite astounded to the condition that people brought things back, and want a FULL refund, and hence was conditioned into 'guilty till proven' mentality!!!