Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

You are right to a point. it isn't the same though. You can never fully understand unless you have lived through it. There are upsides mind you. :)

I can appreciate both the upsides and downsides of parenthood. It has always been said that my ability to empathise is one of my strongest points. ;)

Parents who believe that you cannot comment on any aspect of parenting because you do not have children.

They forget that I was once a child, and have the experience of seeing the mistakes, and the triumphs, of my own parents with regards to me, and my siblings. Or my friends and their own parents.

Or that I now have friends who are parents. It's not like I would ever learn from their experiences of bringing up children. They never, ever talk about these things with me. Heaven forbid they should ever ask me advice, because I'm not a parent. What would I know?

Even having nieces and nephews isn't good enough, because clearly, I would not care about their welfare at all.

Good post,the wife and I often have this conversation about other peoples parenting and having two children myself we know we are not perfect and welcome other peoples input and do not take it the wrong way.when my children are over friends with us,we say to our kids and friends that as we are somewhere else they should set the guidelines and we and the kids abide by the rules of that friend/parent.

I'm a heartless cow.

Good post,I had written a longish post saying as a parent I agree with you,but to find when posted I had lost it,so that's grinding my gears at the moment .if we are at a friends/parents house we have a rule that my kids behave to the house rules of the guests and we are all up for criticism without strops about how they do things,you never know it might help us become better parents.

His original post simply called you a silly cow but he bottled taking responsibility for it in his edited reply.

He's really rather delicate you see.

Not as delicate as I am :cry:

Hayfever.

If the weather was decent, I mean properly decent, not 4 season in 1 day with a couple hours sun (If you're lucky), you could argue I don't have reason to moan, but when I was scratching my eyes out this morning when it was pissing down with rain and sneezing when we were having a hail storm I think there is a reason to be pissed off.

In the words of Meat Loaf.

http://www.qgm.com/m...s/paradise.html

Girl:

Stop right there!

I gotta know right now!

Before we go any further--!

Do you love me?

Will you love me forever?

Do you need me?

Will you never leave me?

Will you make me so happy for the rest of my life?

Will you take me away and will you make me your wife?

Do you love me!?

Will you love me forever!?

Do you need me!?

Will you never leave me!?

Will you make me so happy for the rest of my life!?

Will you take me away and will you make me your wife!?

I gotta know right now

Before we go any further

Do you love me!!!?

Will you love me forever!!!?

Boy:

Let me sleep on it

Baby, baby let me sleep on it

Let me sleep on it

And I'll give you my answer in the morning

Let me sleep on it

Let me sleep on it

Let me sleep on it

Let me sleep on it

Edited by Nightguard

Why do women feel the need to have a ring on their finger? Not gonna love her anymore than I do already

Then just politely explain to her that you do not appreciate your anus being toyed with.

• Like 1

Right now... rain... enough FFS... enough now, Lord

People in normal ride-height cars who drive over those small speed cushions as if there in a Helmand Province minefield. You CAN go over at more than 3 MPH you tarts. Even more annoying when the tw*ts are driving 4x4's.

Old people in supermarkets in general, but in particular when they're trying to use the self scan tills... OH MY GOD!!! They don't understand how it works... they can't see the barcode... if they can see the barcode they have to pass it EXACTLY face-on to the scanner. Then they pay in loose change from their penny jar... if they pay with a note they then can't work out where their change comes out.. THEN they have to study the reciept to make sure the computer has worked it all out correctly... AAAAARRGHHHH

Have you brought your own bag?

Yes, she standing behind me.

Oh... and another thing... tennis on the radio, just doesn't work and everyone sounds awfully plummy, dahling...

Edited by Parafox