Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

They can tear your scrote up something rotten.

Mine's itchy enough as it is.

I left my electric shaver in Kent recently and have had to return to wet shaving after about 20 years. Nice to see that the blades are now about 4 times as much and now last literally days before being completely blunt.

Time for a massive beard, perhaps

Trying to get from Milton Keynes across to Oxford this morning and forgetting about bloody Silverstone being on this weekend. Stuck in stationary traffic for over an hour and a half. :angry:

Trying to get from Milton Keynes across to Oxford this morning and forgetting about bloody Silverstone being on this weekend. Stuck in stationary traffic for over an hour and a half. :angry:

On the plus side you finished fourth in qualifying.

People who refuse to support a British tennis player solely on the basis he made a flippant comment in an interview once.

I'm guessing these people will be giving the other Home Nations their support in the World Cup qualifiers.

I don't like tennis but I may watch the final. I sometimes do anyway. one match is all I can stand. If I watched the others I would be too bored for the final. I doubt Murray will win and I have no idea what he said but considering the years without a British player in a final let alone winning I can guess what the comments were both ways. Same thing is said about the England football team.

I didn't even know he was in the final until I caught a bit of the news. I assumed he had been knocked out in the first round as per usual.

Edited by Nightguard

People who refuse to support a British tennis player solely on the basis he made a flippant comment in an interview once.

I'm guessing these people will be giving the other Home Nations their support in the World Cup qualifiers.

On a similar note, English football fans who take so much delight in seeing England fail in major tournaments.

• Like 1

The fanatical support Andy Murray gets from English tennis fans, despite the fact he seems to hate them all.

This quote below is taken from Wikipedia, I know it's not always the most reliable website, but all this is referenced, so you can check where the details came from. It's the explanation behind the England comment and confirmation from Tim Henman it's true.

Murray identifies himself as Scottish and British. Prior to Wimbledon 2006, Murray caused some public debate when he was quoted as saying he would "support anyone but England" at the 2006 World Cup. He received large amounts of hate mail on his website as a result. It was also reported that Murray had worn a Paraguay shirt on the day of England's World Cup match with the South American team.

Murray explained that his comments were said in jest during a light-hearted interview with sports columnist Maurice Russo, who asked him if he would be supporting Scotland in the World Cup, in the knowledge that Scotland had failed to qualify for the tournament. Sports journalist Des Kelly wrote that another tabloid had later "lifted a couple of [the comments] into a 'story' that took on a life of its own and from there the truth was lost" and that he despaired over the "nonsensical criticism".

Murray protested that he is "not anti-English and never was" and he expressed disappointment over England's subsequent elimination by Portugal. In an interview with Nicky Campbell on BBC Radio 5 Live, Tim Henman confirmed that the remarks had been made in jest and were only in response to Murray being teased by Kelly and Henman.

In an interview with Gabby Logan for the BBC's Inside Sport programme, Murray said that he was both Scottish and British and was comfortable and happy with his British identity. He said he saw no conflict between the two and was equally proud of them. He has also pointed out that he is quarter English with some of his family originating from Newcastle, and that his girlfriend, Kim Sears, is English.

Edited by Facecloth

On a similar note, English football fans who take so much delight in seeing England fail in major tournaments.

A bit like some City fans :/

I will always support the home nations in international tournaments or the British teams in Europe (yes, even -ing Man U). But in the past I have always struggled with Murray, I think it's because I have always found him quite arrogant in interviews (not boring, just rude).

That said, the heart and commitment he has shown throughout this championships has made me jump well and truly on the bandwagon and the boy has won himself a new fan this week.

This is taken from Wikipedia, I know it's not always the most reliable website, but all this is referenced, so you can check where the details came from. It's the explanation behind the England comment and confirmation from Tim Henman it's true.

What the fvck are you on about? What's taken from Wikipedia? My opinions?

What the fvck are you on about? What's taken from Wikipedia? My opinions?

Erm are you being a simpleton on purpose? You see that big ****ing long quote that's the second half of my post, I pulled that from Wikipedia! in response to you saying Murray hated the English, I replied with proof that he doesn't. You know it's kind of how these forums work, people post something, others post something back in reply, I'm sure you'll work it out eventually.

EDIT: There I've edited the original post for you, and anyone else blind or stupid enough not see that giant quote in the second half of it. It now says "This quote below". Hope that helps, if I need to write it in fluorescent pink and stick neon lights round it let me know!

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 2

Erm are you being a simpleton on purpose? You see that big ****ing long quote that's the second half of my post, I pulled that from Wikipedia! in response to you saying Murray hated the English, I replied with proof that he doesn't. You know it's kind of how these forums work, people post something, others post something back in reply, I'm sure you'll work it out eventually.

EDIT: There I've edited the original post for you, and anyone else blind or stupid enough not see that giant quote in the second half of it. It now says "This quote below". Hope that helps, if I need to write it in fluorescent pink and stick neon lights round it let me know!

Chill out!

I hold my hands up, I was being a pissed simpleton. Sorry! I genuinely don't know what I was on about!

About the Murray hating the English thing, I'm not referring to any specific incidents or quotes, just the general impression I (and other people) get.

Edited by BornBlue

running with the bulls... YOU WANKERS!

if you really want to seem tough, why not try running AT them.

knob ends, i hope they gore the fook out of you

What is wrong with running with a bull? I understand not liking bull fighting, but no bulls get hurt running, it is when they are killed later in the bull ring which is a bit naughty.

Edited by Captain Shrapnel