Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

What is wrong with running with a bull? I understand not liking bull fighting, but no bulls get hurt running, it is when they are killed later in the bull ring which is a bit naughty.

people often use electric prods to force the bulls to run through the cobblestone streets, causing the animals to slip and suffer broken legs and other injuries. After they are driven to the ring, the bulls are tortured to death by being repeatedly stabbed in the neck and back before the matador kills the weakened, bleeding bulls with a sword

0027.Bullfight_5F00_Curelty_5F00_465.jpg

Seventy-two percent of Spaniards oppose bullfighting. The only thing keeping the fights alive is tourist dollars. Please opt for travel packages that don’t include bullfighting, and educate your travel agency if it offers bullfights as an option.

SPECIEST!

fair point... i remove my desire to see the wankers getting gored to death...perhaps they can just wake up to the fact that running away from something is neither tough nor intelligent. (I do however reserve the right to laugh at them for being such mindless dicks) :thumbup:

Edited by ozleicester

people often use electric prods to force the bulls to run through the cobblestone streets, causing the animals to slip and suffer broken legs and other injuries. After they are driven to the ring, the bulls are tortured to death by being repeatedly stabbed in the neck and back before the matador kills the weakened, bleeding bulls with a sword

0027.Bullfight_5F00_Curelty_5F00_465.jpg

Seventy-two percent of Spaniards oppose bullfighting. The only thing keeping the fights alive is tourist dollars. Please opt for travel packages that don’t include bullfighting, and educate your travel agency if it offers bullfights as an option.

Bull running whilst related too is not the same as bull fighting, I know what happens at a Bull fight and I completely understand people's objections too it, but bull running, whilst dangerous, is no more so than riding a horse, using an electric cattle prod (which I have never seen, and I have been to the Pamplona bull running twice) to make a bull run, or sit on a horse and whip it to make it run. They are called cattle prods because they are used by farmers to make cattle move, or is that also cruel? Oh and nice copy paste job from the PETA website :P

I have had many an argument about the merits of Bull running and Bull fighting, and yes it is cruel and yes we probably shouldn't do it, but I maintain that I would rather be a Born as a fighting bull in Spain than a male diary calf in England where I will most likely get killed at birth, or if I'm lucky bred for Veal and killed when I am a few months old.

A fighting bull lives much longer, is well looked after and at least has a chance of survival, it may only be a slim chance, but it is more than most bulls get in the UK.

Some stats: about 40,000 bulls are killed in bull fights every year in Europe, about 100,000 dairy calves were slaughtered at birth last year, in the UK.

At least bulls killed in fights are butchered for meat, and skinned for leather.

Edited by Captain Shrapnel

Bull running whilst related too is not the same as bull fighting, I know what happens at a Bull fight and I completely understand people's objections too it, but bull running, whilst dangerous, is no more so than riding a horse, using an electric cattle prod (which I have never seen, and I have been to the Pamplona bull running twice) to make a bull run, or sit on a horse and whip it to make it run. They are called cattle prods because they are used by farmers to make cattle move, or is that also cruel? Oh and nice copy paste job from the PETA website :P

I have had many an argument about the merits of Bull running and Bull fighting, and yes it is cruel and yes we probably shouldn't do it, but I maintain that I would rather be a Born as a fighting bull in Spain than a male diary calf in England where I will most likely get killed at birth, or if I'm lucky bred for Veal and killed when I am a few months old.

A fighting bull lives much longer, is well looked after and at least has a chance of survival, it may only be a slim chance, but it is more than most bulls get in the UK.

Some stats: about 40,000 bulls are killed in bull fights every year in Europe, about 100,000 dairy calves were slaughtered at birth last year, in the UK.

At least bulls killed in fights are butchered for meat, and skinned for leather.

Im quite happy to acknowldge its a paste from PETA, says the reasons why in simple language.

Best i dont go into a discussion about the relative cruelty of killing in a bull fight or on a farm.. or electrocuting an innocent creature...and lol dont mention the horse racing :)

I stand by the opinion that running with the bulls, is just men with small penises trying to overcompensate.

edit .. oh and "relative merits", you cannot be serious that you can find ANY merit in these cruel abuses of animals.

and "yes its cruel and we PROBABLY shouldnt do it" there is a probably??

Edited by ozleicester

Im quite happy to acknowldge its a paste from PETA, says the reasons why in simple language.

Best i dont go into a discussion about the relative cruelty of killing in a bull fight or on a farm.. or electrocuting an innocent creature...and lol dont mention the horse racing :)

I stand by the opinion that running with the bulls, is just men with small penises trying to overcompensate.

edit .. oh and "relative merits", you cannot be serious that you can find ANY merit in these cruel abuses of animals.

I know you oppose me fishing and shooting,but I agree with the bull fighting.i always hope people get hurt.contradiction I know but I feel I'm a little more responsible with my methods,I would never fish for pike on hot days due to gassing and I always have the correct gear if something didn't go to plan.

I know you oppose me fishing and shooting,but I agree with the bull fighting.i always hope people get hurt.contradiction I know but I feel I'm a little more responsible with my methods,I would never fish for pike on hot days due to gassing and I always have the correct gear if something didn't go to plan.

:thumbup:

It's not really about penis size, they even let women do it, it is about adrenaline, there is a certain amount of machismo, but in general it is man pitting his wits against beast, and not always winning. It is very rare for a bull to get hurt during a bull run, whereas a lot of people get seriously hurt and sometimes even fatalities, during San Fermin festival in Pamplona there are 8 bull runs a year and 15 people have died doing them (since 1910) and about 200-300 people get injured every year. Not normally through contact with the bull, but running into each other.

As for the merit, well there is merit in a bullfight, like there is in any sport if you can appreciate the art and skill and mastery involved, I have only been to 1 and I found it equally fascinating and disturbing. I am guessing you probably wouldn't appreciate it, but it is not just "lets kill a bull", it is about control over a wild angry animal, I know these words are wasted on you, and I am not trying to convert you, but bull fighting is not about blood lust or violence, people don't bay for the bull to be killed, people appreciate when the matador does something skillful, and boo when he does something wrong.

They should stick to throwing tomatoes...

Or is it oranges?

Depends if you are talking about Tomatina (the tomato throwing festival), or Orangina a cheap fanta copy.

It is actually Italy where they have an Orange throwing festival.

I bet you have a problem with this as well: http://www.thinkspai...CodNoticia=6687

and this: http://www.goatview.com/january24.htm

(You have to love the Spanish really, with their fvcked economy, casual racism and questionable animal rights, I loved living there.)

Edit: That last bit was aimed at Oz I'm not sure if Para is against or for animal cruelty.

Anyone who thinks it's inherently, morally wrong to eat meat or wear leather (etc) grinds my gears. There are lots of good reasons for vegetarianism and if that's your life choice then so be it. I also accept that the way we keep and kill livestock can sometimes be cruel and we could do more to minimize their suffering.

But anyone who simply has a problem with our predator-prey relationship with the animal kingdom we ARE a part of? **** right off and grow up.

Lions eat meat, tigers eat meat, humans eat meat. Deal with it.

• Like 2

Depends if you are talking about Tomatina (the tomato throwing festival), or Orangina a cheap fanta copy.

It is actually Italy where they have an Orange throwing festival.

It's not cheap, I can tell you as a perent of a 13 year old who drinks it.. and Appletize and Schloer... I blame her mothers expensive tastes

Anyone who thinks it's inherently, morally wrong to eat meat or wear leather (etc) grinds my gears. There are lots of good reasons for vegetarianism and if that's your life choice then so be it. I also accept that the way we keep and kill livestock can sometimes be cruel and we could do more to minimize their suffering.

But anyone who simply has a problem with our predator-prey relationship with the animal kingdom we ARE a part of? **** right off and grow up.

Lions eat meat, tigers eat meat, humans eat meat. Deal with it.

Agreed but as devil's advocate, the human race were originally herbivores and evolved to be omnivores.

Lions, tigers, hyenas etc have always been predominantly carnivores

The human race ... evolved to be omnivores.

Yes we did - which is why I really hate fussy wankers.

If you can't eat everything which is put on a plate in front of you by someone else then you're a spoilt little cvnt and deserve a sound slapping.

I HATE fussy eaters.

Yes we did - which is why I really hate fussy wankers.

If you can't eat everything which is put on a plate in front of you by someone else then you're a spoilt little cvnt and deserve a sound slapping.

I HATE fussy eaters.

Even the slightest trace of onion gives my other half stomach cramps. You can imagine how much fun eating out can be as it's in bloody everything.

Even the slightest trace of onion gives my other half stomach cramps. You can imagine how much fun eating out can be as it's in bloody everything.

That's not being fussy; we have a friend who "can't eat anything green". My uncle is a vegetarian who can't eat mushrooms, cheese, salad or boiled potatoes. I've known those who don't like anything spicier than roast chicken, who can't eat seafood, who baulk at veg and only eat potatoes if they've been sliced and deep fried.