Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

A sweeping generalisation but people from Yorkshire telling the world they are from Yorkshire,they are proud to be from Yorkshire,I'm a Yorkshireman.Just heard it on the news when ,yes a Yorkshireman was talking about the Olympics but had to mention it.They can't help it,it's like geographical Tourette's .If I substitute Yorkshire for Cambridgeshire I would sound like a right tool.

Cambridgefox . Cambridgeshireman and proud(and I'm not talking about in my pants)

• Like 3

They did have it tough in Yorkshire though !

If Geographical Tourette's is not listed as a genuine medical/psychological condition , then I'm writing to the BMA ( or whover classifies this stuff ) wanting to know why ?

Edited by Zingari

A sweeping generalisation but people from Yorkshire telling the world they are from Yorkshire,they are proud to be from Yorkshire,I'm a Yorkshireman.Just heard it on the news when ,yes a Yorkshireman was talking about the Olympics but had to mention it.They can't help it,it's like geographical Tourette's .If I substitute Yorkshire for Cambridgeshire I would sound like a right tool.

Cambridgefox . Cambridgeshireman and proud(and I'm not talking about in my pants)

yes CAMBRIDGEfox, it must be annoying CAMBRIDGEfox when people go on about where they are from. It is a good job you don't announce where you are from CAMBRIDGEfox, otherwise this may appear hypocritical... :whistle:

Anyway, I heard a joke while I was living in Sheffield: There are two types of people on England, those from Yorkshire, and those that wish they were from Yorkshire.

yes CAMBRIDGEfox, it must be annoying CAMBRIDGEfox when people go on about where they are from. It is a good job you don't announce where you are from CAMBRIDGEfox, otherwise this may appear hypocritical... :whistle:

Anyway, I heard a joke while I was living in Sheffield: There are two types of people on England, those from Yorkshire, and those that wish they were from Yorkshire.

Luckily I live 20 miles from Cambridge or you would be correct!!!!

Two types of people those from Yorkshire and those that border the county wishing they were further away.

I love bits of Yorkshire. The nice bits.

Yorkshire flamingo n. A tired-looking, malnourished, pink-faced bird who, due to the sorry state of her shabby surroundings, appears exotic and alluring to the untrained eye.

(Courtesy of Viz Magazine’s Profanisaurus Rex – the greatest book on earth!)

Edited by Jon the Hat

So true.

Geographical Tourette's.

That's my new favourite phrase lol

My wife has Invitational Tourette's. She invites just about everyone we know and come into contact with to any function we have no matter how personal or trivial

My wife has Invitational Tourette's. She invites just about everyone we know and come into contact with to any function we have no matter how personal or trivial

Do we share the same wife? My mrs also seems to buy Xmas pressies to anyone who has kids,last year we had paid out £500!!!!before we started on our kids and ourselves,our kids hunk its great as they get loads from others but I moan about it all December .

I worked with a woman in Colombia who came from Yorkshire. She had a magazine about Yorkshire delivered to her ever month at huge expense.

Seeing as Yorkshire is either a crumbling, rusty dump or a moor stuffed full of dead children I really can't see the attraction.

And the third set who want to stay as far away as possible (although Barnsley is quite nice).

I hate Yarkshuh.

Almost as much as I hate Keith Lemon. How the **** is he popular enough for a film? Who out there is watching him and finding him funny? I don't know anyone "in real life" that is a big enough mouthbreather to actually enjoy him.

• Like 4

I hate Yarkshuh.

Almost as much as I hate Keith Lemon. How the **** is he popular enough for a film? Who out there is watching him and finding him funny? I don't know anyone "in real life" that is a big enough mouthbreather to actually enjoy him.

And even worse those idiots who repeat phrases from his show...'She's bang tidy'....SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!!!!!

I hate Yarkshuh.

I'm intrigued to know what a mouthbreather is lol Seeing as I'm one