Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

I thought life began at 30?

30 isn't that old. One of my best friends is 32.

THIRTY FIVE is when your old.

Yay! I'm officially not old for another 8 months :bounce:

She's a clever one that Ella.

She sure is, despite being brought up on the south side of Kesteven.

Yay! I'm officially not old for another 8 months :bounce:

Yes but in any picture I have seen of you, you barely look 25.

So you have another decade yet.

My grandad tells me himself that life begins at 80.

I think he's just clutching at straws quite frankly.

Haha. that made me chcukle. :giggle:

Brilliant! Ella must be some kind of freak child as at the age of 5 she not only dries and dresses herself after swimming but doesn't demand sweets and says please and thank you. I'm clearly doing something wrong if I want to join this elite group.

You look far too young to be a mother :D:P

Not according to the dictionary it's origin - 1350–1400; ME balade < MF < OPr balada dance, dancing-song, equiv. to bal(ar) to dance (< LL ballāre; see ball 2 ) + -ada -ade 1

<h2 class="me">bal⋅lad</h2>  var interfaceflash = new LEXICOFlashObject ( "http://cache.lexico.com/d/g/speaker.swf", "speaker", "17", "18", "speaker.gif  /ˈbælthinsp.pngəd/ Show Spelled Pronunciation dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif [bal-uhthinsp.pngd] Show IPA Pronunciation dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif

–noun 1. any light, simple song, esp. one of sentimental or romantic character, having two or more stanzas all sung to the same melody. 2. a simple narrative poem of folk origin, composed in short stanzas and adapted for singing. 3. any poem written in similar style. 4. the music for a ballad. 5. a sentimental or romantic popular song. Source

It would seem you're getting anry for nothing :dunno:

Well that's a crap dictionary then... quote me the OED!

Which will have your listed meaning (erm, as far as I can make sense of it :blink: ) as the secondary meaning.

I'm all for language evolving, but not from DJ's calling things something that they are not and then that meaning been accepted unquestioningly by Joe "Bloody Stupid" Public! :angry:

People on the tv show "Move to the Country" and state that what they are looking for is a nice remote quiet little country cottage.

When the researchers/presenters find them that they then moan "It's a little small and there not many amenities nearby."

NO! COS IT'S a nice REMOTE quiet LITTLE country cottage!

My blood boils it really does! :@ This goes for all people who don't know what they actually want!

Brilliant! Ella must be some kind of freak child as at the age of 5 she not only dries and dresses herself after swimming but doesn't demand sweets and says please and thank you. I'm clearly doing something wrong if I want to join this elite group.

She is not; my niece is the same. My niece has a "gob" though. A 5 yr old Small shouting "but that child is older than me and it needs it's mother to get it ready! Is it one of those special needs children?" is probably not the ideal accompaniment in this kind of situation! >_<

She is not; my niece is the same. My niece has a "gob" though. A 5 yr old Small shouting "but that child is older than me and it needs it's mother to get it ready! Is it one of those special needs children?" is probably not the ideal accompaniment in this kind of situation! >_<

:clap: I like Small. :D:worship: