Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

A client - who's is already 5 mins late for a 30min session - texting me to say they will be a further 15 mins late because they are just picking some f****** shopping up.

Then still not turning up until over 25mins late for the original session

Just give them whatever time remains of their original booked session - if that's only a few minutes then so be it! :D

Booing people at festivals is generally entertaining. It only ever happens to acts who should never have been on the bill anyway and are only there for the payday.

My favourite was 50 Cent who knew he was going to get bottled at Reading, so had a table full of water bottles ready to throw back with the entire G Unit. Class.

lol

Just give them whatever time remains of their original booked session - if that's only a few minutes then so be it! :D

She got her 2minutes - I gave her a sheet of paper on which I had scribbled her session. Set the treadmill up formher and told her to let me know how she got on!

The irritating thing is that even tho she is a well paying client - she's ALWAYS late making sessions difficult when I obviously have plans and other people to keep happy. Doesn't help that I can't stand lateness in people anyway, if she was a friend or worse, family member - I'd have killed her!

Booing people at festivals is generally entertaining. It only ever happens to acts who should never have been on the bill anyway and are only there for the payday.

My favourite was 50 Cent who knew he was going to get bottled at Reading, so had a table full of water bottles ready to throw back with the entire G Unit. Class.

lol

that was only because he got bottled off at Leeds first, Daphne and Celeste lasted longer than Fiddy cent.

lol

I think there is a difference between booing 50cent and booing a young girl to tears so she leaves the stage. Maybe that is just me.

I think there is a difference between booing 50cent and booing a young girl to tears so she leaves the stage. Maybe that is just me.

No ****ing difference at all, they're both adults, they're both paid handsomely to be there and they would both likely know that their music is inappropriate for the venue.

In fact, it could be argued that Fifty Cent was perhaps more naive about the location than Lloyd.

I don't hate the girl, I know very little about her, but you want to blame the festival promoters and her agents for letting her go out there in the first place, the result was inevitable. But hey ho, no such thing as bas publicity, she'll get plenty of attention from it now and get plenty of sympathy from the pop fans she appeals to anyway.

You're just being soft because she's a bit more fatherable than big Fiddy.

I remember seeing Queens of The Stone Age get booed off from a supporting slot which culmulated in Nick Oliveri spending the rest of the set attempting to stare down the crowd.

Quite harsh on a 19 year old girl though but as Finners said blame her representatives for some poor mismanagement and attempting to stretch her appeal, no doubt assuming a former X-Factor contestant would have a kitsch appeal.

Why is something that is not acceptable in person acceptable because someone if on stage? if you don't like the music go and see someone else, or dont buy the ticket.

They've paid hundreds for a weekend ticket, they're not going to pass purely because of one act. I'm sure once upon a time it may have been a protest to the festival organizers to plan a little better but the cynic in me these days reckons they chuck acts like this in deliberately for a bit of drama.

I'd have more sympathy if it was random and unpredictable but it isn't, it's a staple part of festival culture as are other things that would appear odd on the street, such as girls on blokes shoulders flashing for a cameraman on a giant TV or stopping everyone that passes you for "free hugs" or even screaming the word "BOLLOCKS!" at the top of your lungs just because everyone else is.

Context is important, lots of situations in life have their own etiquette and festivals are no different. The organizers know this, the agents know this, the journos know this and they'll all have been stood there waiting to see the crowd bay for blood when some shit reality tv star with a gob on here stepped out on stage.

She got her 2minutes - I gave her a sheet of paper on which I had scribbled her session. Set the treadmill up formher and told her to let me know how she got on!

The irritating thing is that even tho she is a well paying client - she's ALWAYS late making sessions difficult when I obviously have plans and other people to keep happy. Doesn't help that I can't stand lateness in people anyway, if she was a friend or worse, family member - I'd have killed her!

I absolutely hate people that can't stick to planned times! best bet is to tell her you've moved the session to 15 minutes earlier in the hope she turns up 15 minutes late i.e on time.