Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

When you politely stop for another driver (when you don't need to but just do so out of courtesy).. They pull away and don't even acknowledge you...

Ignorant bastards!

Agreed,I've just driven to the South of France and got back today,I flipped today,I had had enough,rude cvnts when driving and I actually like the majority of the French and do make an effort to speak it(badly) I had a 30 minute lecture from the mrs on why I was a bad role model for my kids for using every swear word possible,with an additional assortment of hand gestures.i couldn't take the 2 foot from my bumper when doing 80mph anymore and cutting me up through Paris.

Guest Col city fan

these dark nights...i miss the summer nights

If I weren't on mi phone I'd sort out the Travolta/ Newton-John vid out for ya mate.

Wella Wella Wella ooooh!

lol

Guest Col city fan

Agreed,I've just driven to the South of France and got back today,I flipped today,I had had enough,rude cvnts when driving and I actually like the majority of the French and do make an effort to speak it(badly) I had a 30 minute lecture from the mrs on why I was a bad role model for my kids for using every swear word possible,with an additional assortment of hand gestures.i couldn't take the 2 foot from my bumper when doing 80mph anymore and cutting me up through Paris.

lol

I ALWAYS get that from the g/f...

She NEVER accepts that it was actually the fault of the other driver(s), instead insisting that I'm a bad driver and that I should have done something that I blatantly shouldn't have done, should have mi eyes tested, should have gone to spec savers etc etc etc.....

Phew.... Rant over...

lol

Knowing that I'm alone in the house and being woken up at 4am by the sound of breaking glass downstairs.

Crept down the stairs and through the house into the kitchen, to discover a vase that appeared to have mysteriously flung itself off the top of the fridge freezer and onto the tiled floor (and a certain moggie wearing her most innocent 'wasn't me' exp<b></b>ression!) :rolleyes:

Hope you were ok... I hate hearing noises like that, at night. Glass must have been scary for you as well :o

Edited by Fox92

I thought that for last 40 odd years the royal consent was given automatically to all bills, even one agreeing to abolish the monrchy.

The Royal Assent is pretty much given automatically, and is applied to Acts of Parliament. The last time the Royal Prerogative (veto) was used was in 1708.

Queen's, or Prince's Consent is required where pregotaves of the Crown, or personal property is concerned. It's slightly different.

In both cases, Assent or Consent can be withheld.

As for the argument regarding the Monarchy in general, I'd much rather see a representative of the House of Windsor as Head of State than President Blair.

The way i see it, irrespective of the rights or wrongs of how monarchs attain their position the present monarchy are fulfilling their role of representing our country very well. I genuinely like the Queen and i think Prince William shows promise as an ambassador for the country in the future.

I would like to know what anti-monarchists think would make a better head of state? If we had an elected President, what powers should they have and how long should they be elected for?

When you politely stop for another driver (when you don't need to but just do so out of courtesy).. They pull away and don't even acknowledge you...

Ignorant bastards!

No no no. You are one of those annoying idiots who selectively chooses to ignore right of way to let someone in / out, usually when there is a gap two cars back and they would have got out quicker if you kept moving. Unless you were in very slow moving traffic in which case fair enough.

• Like 1

No no no. You are one of those annoying idiots who selectively chooses to ignore right of way to let someone in / out, usually when there is a gap two cars back and they would have got out quicker if you kept moving. Unless you were in very slow moving traffic in which case fair enough.

Yes, these considerate cvnts really piss me off, then they get annoyed with me when I don't just pull out into oncoming traffic because they have made some vague gesture in my general direction.

Of course slow moving traffic is the exception.

Olympic park volunteers. Got into 2 shouting matches today with those spotty teenagers constantly trying to tell us what to do.

One even tried to grab my gf's arm when we ignored his nazi like orders to stop and wait for a buggy going 2mph that had already passed by. This is a free ****ing country and I am so tired of wankers in high vis trying to control us.

Olympic park volunteers. Got into 2 shouting matches today with those spotty teenagers constantly trying to tell us what to do.

One even tried to grab my gf's arm when we ignored his nazi like orders to stop and wait for a buggy going 2mph that had already passed by. This is a free ****ing country and I am so tired of wankers in high vis trying to control us.

High Vis = Law!

When I go into Tesco and wanting only a newspaper and a sausage roll, I decide to use the tobacco counter due to having three cashiers and only two in the queue. Then, as each cashier finishes with their customer, they just walk off and leave just one and I end waiting for five minutes (which feels like an hour) while the customer in front of me returns a skirt. :@