Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

"Freshers", People get absolutely bladdered and act like knobs, I'll have a few drinks and see what the fuss is about but some of the people that drink excessively just don't know how to handle themselves >_<

Fvck 'em.

Edited by Captain Shrapnel
  • Like 1

Rapist.

:unsure:

I get consent first, normally on film, then send it to my lawyer to verify that it will class as valid consent and that she is not too inebriated, and then a quick age check, I ain't going back to sing sing, don't care how hot they are.

Edited by Captain Shrapnel

Olympic park volunteers. Got into 2 shouting matches today with those spotty teenagers constantly trying to tell us what to do.

One even tried to grab my gf's arm when we ignored his nazi like orders to stop and wait for a buggy going 2mph that had already passed by. This is a free ****ing country and I am so tired of wankers in high vis trying to control us.

Guaranteed that they would be in the minority. I feel compelled to apologise on behalf of them lol. I'm not a volunteer in the Olympic Park, but I'm a volunteer nonetheless.

Guaranteed that they would be in the minority. I feel compelled to apologise on behalf of them lol. I'm not a volunteer in the Olympic Park, but I'm a volunteer nonetheless.

There's two sides to this, on one hand it's volunteers who think they have the right to boss members of the public around just because they have a high vis jacket, on the other hand it's members of the public who make life difficult for volunteers by refusing to co-operate.

Olympic park volunteers. Got into 2 shouting matches today with those spotty teenagers constantly trying to tell us what to do.

One even tried to grab my gf's arm when we ignored his nazi like orders to stop and wait for a buggy going 2mph that had already passed by. This is a free ****ing country and I am so tired of wankers in high vis trying to control us.

I'm surprised - when I went to the Olympics all the volunteers were first class - really helpful and friendly - couldn't fault them. :ldn2012:

Guest Col city fan

I'm surprised - when I went to the Olympics all the volunteers were first class - really helpful and friendly - couldn't fault them. :ldn2012:

A couple of my mates went to and found exactly what you just said. Very pleasant, helpful, cheerful volunteers.

Although I only went to Chaventry to watch the Ladies Football the volunteers were very good there too. Was ironic that thanks to the advertising rules any pictures of covs new kit such as their window displays in the club shop had to have censors stuck over the logos! Not that there's any fans to buy them mind, but I thought it was funny anyway.

The Royal Assent is pretty much given automatically, and is applied to Acts of Parliament. The last time the Royal Prerogative (veto) was used was in 1708.

Queen's, or Prince's Consent is required where pregotaves of the Crown, or personal property is concerned. It's slightly different.

In both cases, Assent or Consent can be withheld.

As for the argument regarding the Monarchy in general, I'd much rather see a representative of the House of Windsor as Head of State than President Blair.

I accept that the royal prerogative isn't used, but my view is that if they can't use it anyway, they won't miss it should it be taken away, so they can hand it over.

As for preferring a representative of the House of Windsor to a President Blair, I genuinely don't understand that view. I've heard it said before and I can't get my head around it. And I think it misses the point by a mile. My own preference, given that choice, would be a President Blair (or Thatcher, or Heath, or Brown, or whoever else), because at least I get the option of chucking them out. And that's the fundamental issue for me. Aside from the fact that I dislike what I do know about the personalities of prominent royals, I can do nothing about their occupation of senior public positions and that is wrong.

I'd be more than happy with a transition to a republic with a ceremonial president (not my preferred model of government, but that's a different subject) with the Queen in that position so long as she was elected to it. She'd win easily should the position become available and she decided to stand and people like me would have no grounds to question her political legitimacy.

I accept that the royal prerogative isn't used, but my view is that if they can't use it anyway, they won't miss it should it be taken away, so they can hand it over.

As for preferring a representative of the House of Windsor to a President Blair, I genuinely don't understand that view. I've heard it said before and I can't get my head around it. And I think it misses the point by a mile. My own preference, given that choice, would be a President Blair (or Thatcher, or Heath, or Brown, or whoever else), because at least I get the option of chucking them out. And that's the fundamental issue for me. Aside from the fact that I dislike what I do know about the personalities of prominent royals, I can do nothing about their occupation of senior public positions and that is wrong.

I'd be more than happy with a transition to a republic with a ceremonial president (not my preferred model of government, but that's a different subject) with the Queen in that position so long as she was elected to it. She'd win easily should the position become available and she decided to stand and people like me would have no grounds to question her political legitimacy.

But to gain an advantage in the election they would court the media and cvnts such as Murdoch would get even more influence and power. When was the last time the elected government actually listened to the people?