Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Seeing parents hitting kids...often for no reason, saw a kid drop a sweet on the floor quickly picked it up and ate it, dad went mad, he went to slap him kinda glanced him....I just thought what the fook are you doing its a kid they dont know any better and besides its not going to hurt him...makes you wonder what sort of lives these kids have, I imagine at home he is just plonked in front of the tv all day with very little interaction with his parents........I see it all the time, makes you wonder why they have kids at all, cant imagine being like that, I dont have kids but I do see my neices and nephew a lot and we always play all day barely sitting down for hours...not saying you shouild be like that with your kids all the time, but some seem to see their kids as a hinderance.

• Like 2

I don't like it when they shout in the street, to be honest, see it in town all time. Especially when it is nothing major, such as dropping a sweet on the floor.

I once saw a young girl of about 4 or 5 being shouted at by her mother (I'm assuming) on High Street. The mother was squated down so she was level with the child about a couple of inches from her face, yelling at the child so that I could hear it clearly a good fifty metres away. The mother was absolutely red in the face and the poor girls was crying and being yelled at to "STOP CRYING!!!!" Like that would work. I'd much rather a parent gave a child a small slap of the hand for a bad act (illegal) than be subjected to something like that (legal). It's all about context and degrees of severity, plus acting in anger and making sure the child understands what they've done and why they've been punished.

• Like 1

I don't like it when they shout in the street, to be honest, see it in town all time. Especially when it is nothing major, such as dropping a sweet on the floor.

See incidents like this a couple of times a week inthe town centre, I honestly think the shouting at the child is a display by the parent, to other adults to show off their "parenting" skills. I kind of "look at me I can discipline my child" when really there are a lot better ways of doing it (I don't even have kids!).

Unfortunately for this low breed of human scum, they don't realise that the majority of adults just think that they are completely over the top and ****ing unsuitable to raise kids.

I was walking up church gate behind two mums with 7 toddlers between them, neither was watching what was going on at all as the busses are driving past the kids were left too it, but they walked quietly behind anyway. Eventually they stopped and blocked the doors into the Highcross (where Virgin Megastore used to be).

One of the kids wandered off to the Waterstones window because there was a kids book there and as I tried to edge past the mums to the door one of them notices the kid, and yells full blast I my ear "GET BACK HERE". It's not like this kid had been playing up at all, and not as if the woman had paid any attention up to this point anyway she just went off the handle!

Told the woman she needs to watch her mouth as I didn't appreciate being yelled at. Surprisingly she apologised yet as I walked off I could hear her still yelling at the poor lad.

Edited by blue-army-andy

Customer Reviews online, I want to buy something but all the reviews are either 5star this is the best product ever or 1star, only a twat would but this shit.

There's no in between it even a reasoned review, how can I decide to buy or not!

buy it...if you dont like it...send it back.

genuis.

Customer Reviews online, I want to buy something but all the reviews are either 5star this is the best product ever or 1star, only a twat would but this shit.

There's no in between it even a reasoned review, how can I decide to buy or not!

Try different sites? Official industry reviews? What is it?

I agree.

I bought an mp3 player last week, and I was looking at reviews online to decide which one to go for. I found one that had nearly all good reviews. One of the bad reviews for it was from someone who was annoyed that they bought it and weren't told that they needed a computer to stick music/podcasts on it! What did they think? Am I being thick?

"Don't buy this toaster! No one told me you had to have bread to get any toast out of it."

• Like 1

Going back to hitting/yelling at kids... Bad parenting winds me up altogether. Obviously kids need discipline but some parents haven't got a clue. Example: I was in Asda last night and there was a couple of 5 year olds sprinting around the shop just wearing shorts. After a few minutes I came across the mother (massively obese sweaty chav lump of $hit, you know the type) who, after seeing her kids sprint up the aisle to her, shouted at her children to "Piss off". Which they did. And it's great to think they're almost certainly going to drive back to a house paid for by honest working people and gorge their useless faces on Turkey Drummers (also paid for by tax payers)

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo