Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

People who, in queuing traffic, will stop somewhere short of the car in front and then randomly decide to pull forward a bit, often several times, during the course of the wait. You're faced with the choice of having keep up with their random and stupid decision-making or be forced to leave a massive gap, making you look like a twat.

This is particularly annoying if you have a car with stop-start installed - which my current car doesn't but my one of my previous ones did, making me very aware of these indecisive halfwits.

Pull-up, stop, wait. Job done. Give your fvcking clutch a rest.

I go the other way and dislike other drivers, see Matt's post above.

Drivers pay road tax though, they're entitled to be on the road.

I don't mind unobtrusive cyclists, but twats riding two abreast towards the brow of the hill, or jumping red lights when it suits them, or ride on the pavement when it suits deserve all the injuries and abuse they get. Especially when they demand more respect from drivers!

The news this evening asking whether attitudes towards disabled people have changed because of the Olympics. Most of us never had an attitude anyway.

What they mean is do we respect disabled people more. But if you respect someone because of their disability you're treating them with said different attitude. Same with race and sex issues

I don't mind unobtrusive cyclists, but twats riding two abreast towards the brow of the hill, or jumping red lights when it suits them, or ride on the pavement when it suits deserve all the injuries and abuse they get. Especially when they demand more respect from drivers!

Oh, I agree with that. Before I had my car, I used to bike to college everyday. I wasn't one of those as you described though, couldn't afford to be, with my ability to bike!

Was driving back from town about two months ago now and about 10 lads on bikes were just in the middle of the road, trying to scare all the drivers I rekon. It's just a danger, they can cause accidents, but the Police never seem to do anything.

On hitting kids.....

My take on it is that hitting children conditions behaviour through fear - not respect, that's different, respect is 'given' by an individual, it's not a commodity that can be installed or demanded with the same result.

hitting children can also protect children, I agree, as they are conditioned away from certain behaviours, however this does not nurture critical thinking, questions of why the child shouldn't engage in behaviours, it simply gives one solid reason and that is they will get hurt... simplistic results one could argue is more convenient for the short term objectives of the parent, not the long term interests of the child.

From personal experience, hitting made me hate. It never taught me anything useful that I couldn't have learnt in a more productive and alternative way.

• Like 1

Drivers pay road tax though, they're entitled to be on the road.

Also cyclists who ride on the road without any lighting or reflective clothing in the pitch black. They'd soon moan if someone hit them.

Guest Col city fan

What do people have against people on bikes for fooks sake?

They get you fitter, don't need petrol and don't clog up the roads. The 'bike markings' are crazy though.

They get you fitter, don't need petrol and don't clog up the roads. The 'bike markings' are crazy though.

Got nothing against them Col. Just winds me up when i'm driving to work at 5am in the pitch black and I can't see when they are on the road in dark clothing without any lighting or reflective clothing. I don't drive round with no lights on so why do cyclists feel they don't need lighting when using the road in the dark.

• Like 1

I personally don't have anything against them mate. As I said previous, I used to bike all over before I got my car. But, just like driving, there are different categories.. you get the cyclists that will stick to the rules, but you also get people on bikes that cycle slow in the middle of the road, causing a danger to themselves and other people. If you get me.

I haven't got anything against cyclists though.

Guest Col city fan

Got nothing against them Col. Just winds me up when i'm driving to work at 5am in the pitch black and I can't see when they are on the road in dark clothing without any lighting or reflective clothing. I don't drive round with no lights on so why do cyclists feel they don't need lighting when using the road in the dark.

Ah sorry mate I didn't read your previous properly. Absolutely right, cyclists without the lights and reflectors are a total pain in the arris. And dangerous.

Into a room with Leicester duvets, Nuneaton pillowcases and Aston Villa pyjamas, along with pictures of Jessica Ennis and pregnant women all over the walls.

:nono: Enough about your fantasies. :whistle: