Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Food poisoning. First time i've eaten at Burger King for years, and the last time I ever eat there. Was childminding at the time, and I spent the entire night either on the toilet or throwing up, till 5 in the morning.

Now I have my first shift at my new job in a hour (so I can't really call in sick) and I still feel dreadful!

Food poisoning. First time i've eaten at Burger King for years, and the last time I ever eat there. Was childminding at the time, and I spent the entire night either on the toilet or throwing up, till 5 in the morning.

Now I have my first shift at my new job in a hour (so I can't really call in sick) and I still feel dreadful!

Generally food poisoning takes place 24hrs or 48hrs after eating contaminated food. Are you sure it was your Whopper that done it?

City not playing on a saturday for the second week in a row. God made football to be played on the 6th day, I'm pretty sure that's in the bible.

Fourth game in a row we are playing after most other games.

Had a similar run this time last year.

I'm sure last year 13/23 league games were not Saturday 3pm kick offs* thanks to working Sunday and Tuesday nights it was a right ballache getting to games and is partly the reason I got a bit alienated by the club and didn't renew this season.

*i stand to be corrected here

From my recollection, our Saturday 3pm games were-

Reading

Southampton

Brighton

Millwall

Peterborough

Barnsley

Cardiff

Coventry

Hull

Doncaster

I'm going to be really boring here but ......mobile phones.

How many of these phone calls or texts are made through boredom? I barely see anyone walking anywhere without one pinned to their ears...its strange because back in the day I never saw queues outside phone boxes with people desperate to make a phone call.

And they've ruined most sporting events and rock concerts...stop filming the bloody thing for facebook or twitter or whatever you use your million hours of video for and just watch it through your own 2 eyes...how can you lose yourself in the music when all you care about is filming it for youtube.

(Yes this maybe something to do with the fact I've never bought a mobile phone and I'm jealous of all these people with so many friends they have to keep phoning them all.... :P )

I'm going to be really boring here but ......mobile phones.

How many of these phone calls or texts are made through boredom? I barely see anyone walking anywhere without one pinned to their ears...its strange because back in the day I never saw queues outside phone boxes with people desperate to make a phone call.

And they've ruined most sporting events and rock concerts...stop filming the bloody thing for facebook or twitter or whatever you use your million hours of video for and just watch it through your own 2 eyes...how can you lose yourself in the music when all you care about is filming it for youtube.

(Yes this maybe something to do with the fact I've never bought a mobile phone and I'm jealous of all these people with so many friends they have to keep phoning them all.... :P )

An extension to this - I believe they make people lazy and late - I can't stand lateness, weather it's work shifts or meeting out for a drink, of you say you will be there - BE THERE!!

Now all you get is a text (usually 5-10 mins late already) saying "Be there in 5" - then 20 minutes after that people show up - does my nut in!!

The fact that TV game show makers blatantly pick stupid contestants just so they don't have to give out so much money. Just caught the end of the latest Lotto shitty quiz, "Secret Fortune" and the couple were asked: "Which song spend the fewest weeks at the top of the UK single charts?" A: Wet Wet Wet - Love is all Around or B: Whitney Houston - I will always love you. They picked Wet Wet Wet. Seriously, isn't that generally known by everyone over about 25 that Love is all Around is second behind Everything I do in terms of weeks at number one, and Wet Wet Wet pulled it from sale because they didn't want the record. These people were at least late 30's, how can you put yourself forward for this kind of game show if you don't know something like that.

Edited by Facecloth

The fact that TV game show makers blatantly pick stupid contestants just so they don't have to give out so much money. Just caught the end of the latest Lotto shitty quiz, "Secret Fortune" and the couple were asked: "Which song spend the fewest weeks at the top of the UK single charts?" A: Wet Wet Wet - Love is all Around or B: Whitney Houston - I will always love you. They picked Wet Wet Wet. Seriously, isn't that generally known by everyone over about 25 that Love is all Around is second behind Everything I do in terms of weeks at number one, and Wet Wet Wet pulled it from sale because they didn't want the record. These people were at least late 30's, how can you put yourself forward for this kind of game show if you don't know something like that.

lol

Music Geek!!!

Edited by stix

lol

Music Geek!!!

lol I know I'm a geek, basic general knowledge of the 90's. If you're over 25ish and you don't know that you must have lived under a rock. You couldn't go anywhere in 1994 without hearing that sodding Wet Wet Wet song.

An extension to this - I believe they make people lazy and late - I can't stand lateness, weather it's work shifts or meeting out for a drink, of you say you will be there - BE THERE!!

Now all you get is a text (usually 5-10 mins late already) saying "Be there in 5" - then 20 minutes after that people show up - does my nut in!!

I remember a previous post from you stating that one of your clients was late & was texting/calling you blatently lying about how far away they were/when they would be arriving, so i'll give you this one.

Purplronnie has become a right stick in the mud recently. You will regret never having a mobile phone. Snake was incredible.

Not as dim as the person stopped in the street by a news reporter (reporting on iPhones naff new mapping software.) Asking random people to pinpoint places on a map of Britain one bloke in his early 20s was asked where Belfast was.

"I think it's in Ireland," he confidently answered, "so here."

He pointed to Anglesey.

Now I don't expect everyone to be a geography genius, but I would sleep much sounder knowing that people at least knew where the 4 national regions of their OWN COUNTRY were!

Some people are so dense on geography it's unreal. I saw the missis mother look for leicestershire on a map of Britain and was scanning around the London area.

How have the kids any hope?

Thick people in general wind me up. Because most of the time they're thick through laziness.

I'm a nosey sod and want to know everything about anything and everyone which is why I'm full of useless information.

I was given a pep talk by a lad four years my junior the other week whilst driving into London. It was like being lectured by your parents, headteacher, boss and Jeremy Kyle all in one. The expert on life in general, yet had.to ask me to point out big ben as he didn't know what it was

Can people clarify something here for me.

You know when you stop at someones house for a day or so, who has the right to the TV remote?

I know if someone pops by for q cuppa the TV should go off, but it's different for guests.

When we stopped at 'the in laws' house, we didn't get a choice in what we watched. It was Doctor Who and Torchwood all the way.

I can deal with it, it's someones house. Now theyre at my house it's been the kids cartoon channel since Friday. Whilst playing scrabble Friday night I managed to switch over to watch the Blackburn game for q bit, nipped upstairs came back down and the channel had been turned over.

I've come down just now to watch MOTD (they were watching some other shit last night) and the in law is sat watching tv again

You know when you stop at someones house for a day or so, who has the right to the TV remote?

I know if someone pops by for q cuppa the TV should go off, but it's different for guests.

When we stopped at 'the in laws' house, we didn't get a choice in what we watched. It was Doctor Who and Torchwood all the way.

I can deal with it, it's someones house. Now theyre at my house it's been the kids cartoon channel since Friday. Whilst playing scrabble Friday night I managed to switch over to watch the Blackburn game for q bit, nipped upstairs came back down and the channel had been turned over.

I've come down just now to watch MOTD (they were watching some other shit last night) and the in law is sat watching tv again

The rule in our house is simple - Live sport over rules EVERYTHING else, doesn't matter if it's the world cup final or the Newbold Verdon Area Tiddly Winks regional qualifying rounds on Sky Sports 45. It rules over everything.

The Doctor and Touchcloth and especially soaps can wait - especially as their repeated about 4 times a week AND on iplayer that is streamed through the tv

Jesus Christ! So they won't let you watch YOUR TV and will give you massive grief if you go to the match today with a ticket YOU'VE paid for? I'd have offered a cuppa (to be polite), put MOTD on and turned it up a bit too loud to prevent "conversation". Any comment from the in-law should be responded via flatulence. This has got to stop or you'll end up with a strong feeling of resentment

Also - might be wise to invest in a smaller second TV to prevent this sort of thing happening in future