Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Can people clarify something here for me.

You know when you stop at someones house for a day or so, who has the right to the TV remote?

I know if someone pops by for q cuppa the TV should go off, but it's different for guests.

When we stopped at 'the in laws' house, we didn't get a choice in what we watched. It was Doctor Who and Torchwood all the way.

I can deal with it, it's someones house. Now theyre at my house it's been the kids cartoon channel since Friday. Whilst playing scrabble Friday night I managed to switch over to watch the Blackburn game for q bit, nipped upstairs came back down and the channel had been turned over.

I've come down just now to watch MOTD (they were watching some other shit last night) and the in law is sat watching tv again

TBH if they have kids they can watch what they like....imo.

Honestly, with out being all matcho about it to need to sort this kind of thing out early other wise it becomes the norm and as someone posted before it can all too soon blow up into a big problem.

Fair enough, if they've got kids - a bit of compromise and let them watch cartoons but if you want to watch MOTD at the time thats on - you should get it on. Walk in in a cheery manner, and just say right it's football time now.

Yes they will moan an say things like "but football is on every week, you can miss one night" however you've an kindly poit out that all te soaps, dramas, reality shows and games shows are on daily.

The bottom line is that's is downright disrespect in your home - personally, I wouldn't allow it, bu wouldn't go over the top either.

You know when you stop at someones house for a day or so, who has the right to the TV remote?

I know if someone pops by for q cuppa the TV should go off, but it's different for guests.

When we stopped at 'the in laws' house, we didn't get a choice in what we watched. It was Doctor Who and Torchwood all the way.

I can deal with it, it's someones house. Now theyre at my house it's been the kids cartoon channel since Friday. Whilst playing scrabble Friday night I managed to switch over to watch the Blackburn game for q bit, nipped upstairs came back down and the channel had been turned over.

I've come down just now to watch MOTD (they were watching some other shit last night) and the in law is sat watching tv again

good question , :thumbup:

somehow some people just seem to take over wherever they are .

Some people are so dense on geography it's unreal. I saw the missis mother look for leicestershire on a map of Britain and was scanning around the London area.

How have the kids any hope?

Thick people in general wind me up. Because most of the time they're thick through laziness.

I'm a nosey sod and want to know everything about anything and everyone which is why I'm full of useless information.

I was given a pep talk by a lad four years my junior the other week whilst driving into London. It was like being lectured by your parents, headteacher, boss and Jeremy Kyle all in one. The expert on life in general, yet had.to ask me to point out big ben as he didn't know what it was

It's the bell inside the Elizabeth Tower Clock at the end of the Palace of Westminster. How did you get inside? :P

Worse yet than someone hogging your TV is when you go to someone elses house and the picture is set up all wrong! Faces are bright orange (and they're not Dale Winton), the sky has a slight tinge of purple, trees and grass are a sickly yellowy-green. Or they have the wrong aspect ratio setting and everyone is either too fat or too thin. What I can't fathom is when these people lift their eyes from their screen and look out the window, doesn't it even enter their mind to go, "hmmmm, something's different here..." On a few occasions I've even had the temerity to alter their settings to something approaching lifelike when they leave the room, thinking they will thank me for it, but the next time I visit it's fat orange-faced people again! :@

Zfi59.png

Unfortunately kids take priority when it comes to tv so it's good to indoctrinate them into the ways of obsessive sports watching at an early age.

FoxyJr is too young for this at the moment so we've watching Ponyo ad infinitum of late

Ha ha, I'm a proper remote hog, my house my parents house, my mates house, even the in-laws, I just pick up the remote flick round to see what is on, I always ask before changing the channel, but I don't let people put crap on, and as soon as something finishes I find the next thing to watch. Upset my mates kid once as I switched over from some crap to the grand prix, she went and told on me to daddy, I had to put it back on cBBC, even though she didn't even like the program that was on.

I'm going to be really boring here but ......mobile phones.

How many of these phone calls or texts are made through boredom? I barely see anyone walking anywhere without one pinned to their ears...its strange because back in the day I never saw queues outside phone boxes with people desperate to make a phone call.

And they've ruined most sporting events and rock concerts...stop filming the bloody thing for facebook or twitter or whatever you use your million hours of video for and just watch it through your own 2 eyes...how can you lose yourself in the music when all you care about is filming it for youtube.

(Yes this maybe something to do with the fact I've never bought a mobile phone and I'm jealous of all these people with so many friends they have to keep phoning them all.... :P )

Add to my original post.

Fans who film matches, especially things like penalties, why? Just seen Man Utd fans all holding their cameras up before van P scored....baffling.

Add to my original post.

Fans who film matches, especially things like penalties, why? Just seen Man Utd fans all holding their cameras up before van P scored....baffling.

And then they stick it all over social media. All you get is a video of a badly film shaky shot of a penalty you've probably already seen on MOTD and the crowd going mental and the phone waving all over the place. Then they'll try and claim it's to give you a fans eye view of the moment! I know what it's like to be in the crowd when a goals scored I've been to football matches!!!

Add to my original post.

And then they stick it all over social media. All you get is a video of a badly film shaky shot of a penalty you've probably already seen on MOTD and the crowd going mental and the phone waving all over the place. Then they'll try and claim it's to give you a fans eye view of the moment! I know what it's like to be in the crowd when a goals scored I've been to football matches!!!

I can at least understand it if it's something momentous (personally I prefer to enjoy the moment, but I can understand people wanting their own memory), but for a penalty in a league game in September? That's a bit silly.

That said, the one time I've done this was at the Palace away game in 2007 when DJ Campbell spawned a goal from a corner and that was a comical video. Mainly because you couldn't really make out anything of what happened on the pitch and more the ridiculous celebrations

I can at least understand it if it's something momentous (personally I prefer to enjoy the moment, but I can understand people wanting their own memory), but for a penalty in a league game in September? That's a bit silly.

That said, the one time I've done this was at the Palace away game in 2007 when DJ Campbell spawned a goal from a corner and that was a comical video. Mainly because you couldn't really make out anything of what happened on the pitch and more the ridiculous celebrations

It's understandable to be honest, I mean for half of those man utd fans it's probably going to be their only game at old Trafford before they head back home to Grimsby, Cambridge, London, across the continents... They need to appreciate the moment :P

It's all about living vicariously through other people's opinions. They aren't actually that interested in being at the game, they're interested in letting other people know they were at the game. Hence going to an event such as the football without getting a picture or video to put up online would be a waste of time - if everyone doesn't know you did something, what was the point of doing it? You'll also see the same condition manifest through text when pictures or video aren't available. Someone will be on holiday and they'll post something outrageously inane like "the trees in Porto are so nice lolol!" and you'll be thinking what the **** are you on about you gump faced twat but of course they don't really care about the trees, they just want everyone to know they're in Porto, because there is no point in going to Porto unless everyone knows you've gone there.

• Like 1