Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

What's wrong with people being against abortions? I'm pro choice, but I can totally see why some people wouldnt be, it shouldnt lower your opinion of someone in my opinion.

People should be able to choose whether or not to have a baby, but not to choose whether or not they think they should be able to choose to have a baby or not... I think that is irony...

Edited by Jon the Hat

People should be able to choose whether or not to have a baby, but not to choose whether or not they think they should be able to choose to have a baby or not... I think that is irony...

Of course they should be free to hold those views. As with most other issues, it's when they then start pressing those views on others that the problems arise....along with the murdered doctors and blown-up hospitals.

I still find it intriguing that the US is the only first-world country where this is such a sensitive political issue...I'm actually not really that sure why?

Of course they should be free to hold those views. As with most other issues, it's when they then start pressing those views on others that the problems arise....along with the murdered doctors and blown-up hospitals.

I still find it intriguing that the US is the only first-world country where this is such a sensitive political issue...I'm actually not really that sure why?

religion.

Ireland. Which is probably why FoxyPV mentioned it.

Oh wait... you said first world country.

• Like 1

Ireland. Which is probably why FoxyPV mentioned it.

Oh wait... you said first world country.

Well, from what I can tell it's outlawed there (except in specific cases) and it doesn't look like the law is going to change any time soon. And (I might be wrong here) there isn't nearly as much political posturing and polarisation on the subject there as in the US...

What's wrong with people being against abortions? I'm pro choice, but I can totally see why some people wouldnt be, it shouldnt lower your opinion of someone in my opinion.

Because one group wish to allow the individual to have the right to choose and the other group want to impose their religious doctrine inspired moral code onto others.

We are the only part of the UK in which abortion isn't available. Joke.

I can understand why people are pro-life (they are wrong) and it didn't lower my opinion of them, I was just shocked by the vehemence of their response.

Marie Stopes is opening a clinic here so the debate has reopened.

Religion is the perpetuation of ignorance. :huh:

No. The perpetuation of ignorance is an education system that churns out supposedly educated individuals, and a society that is allows itself to be governed by selfish and greedy powermongers. Whilst this isn't much different to any head of any of the religions, in this country religion doesn't have as much sway in the way things roll.

Pub quiz musical intro rounds - now know that the new wand erection song is a complete rip off of the clash - should I stay or should I go. Unimaginative, talentless cockwands.

Just checked that, never heard the wand erection song before, and it's exactly the same. If someone had played that to me in an intro round, I'd have answered Should I Stay or Should I Go. That's shocking!

Discovering that someone, you thought was of a similar mindset, is pro-life. :nono:

religion.

On this occasion i have to question that it is just religion, im an atheist and abhor religion and its evils, but abortion is about more than just religion. It is one of the greatest mental challenges that i battle with.

I am pro choice... but!!! there is no choice for the baby involved and so... by giving the mother (lets not even question whether the father has the right to request or refuse an abortion??) the choice, we are removing it from the baby/child/cell/foetus etc etc

Whilst the original sentiment that Foxy expressed (that some one who you thought to be sensible/logical or of a similar mindset) I agree with. Abortion is one i dont judge others on, unless they are rabid protesters and those evil people who threaten others.

In the end... abortion is one area too big for me to make a black and white stand on

• Like 1

You think anyone who doesn't agree with abortions must be a religious nut? Some people just think that a fetus has a right to life.

And those people are just jackasses. So many of them couldn't care less what happens to the children. If once it's out the womb it's off your love list then you aren't pro-life, you're an anti-woman willy puller.

Generally pro-lifers are insufferable *****, you disliking something gives you no authority to force your bullshit on others.

• Like 2

And those people are just jackasses. So many of them couldn't care less what happens to the children. If once it's out the womb it's off your love list then you aren't pro-life, you're an anti-woman willy puller.

Generally pro-lifers are insufferable *****, you disliking something gives you no authority to force your bullshit on others.

mal-what.gif

• Like 1

mal-what.gif

Go on- I really want to hear your objections.

Pro-life but doesn't give a shit about the child - how's that not a sadistic/twattish position?

If someone is actually pro-life then they should actually care about living things, not just "once you're born you're on your own".

Or, as the good lord said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHx8l1usD90

Go on- I really want to hear your objections.

Pro-life but doesn't give a shit about the child - how's that not a sadistic/twattish position?

If someone is actually pro-life then they should actually care about living things, not just "once you're born you're on your own".

Or, as the good lord said:

https://www.youtube....h?v=YHx8l1usD90

The fact that you're tarring what I would think is a very large number of people with the same brush? (I sit on the fence with the matter, I believe that abortions should be allowed but with stricter guidelines) Just playing devil's advocate here because I think getting pissy with a person because they share an opinion with a group of people you 'tend to' dislike is a bit knobbish.

• Like 1

lol

Weren't you one of the jackasses supporting P-Riot? Them and their bosses love to force their filthy bullshit on others.

Their bosses? Is this more NWO stuff?

Bar the whole protesting stuff, how have they forced "their filthy bullshit on others" - or, more accurately - where have they made it a politicised issue like abortion has been in the US/Ireland, to the point where they'd be preventing the other opinion from existing in practice?