Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

The fact that you're tarring what I would think is a very large number of people with the same brush? (I sit on the fence with the matter, I believe that abortions should be allowed but with stricter guidelines) Just playing devil's advocate here because I think getting pissy with a person because they share an opinion with a group of people you 'tend to' dislike is a bit knobbish.

I've seen a fair few discussions on abortion and I've never seen a pro-life argument that's addressed what to do with the number of unwanted children that would result - if it's as common as that then I don't think lumping them together as one homogenous group is particularly unfair. Like labelling BNP as racist - they've probably a few supporters who aren't massive xenophobes and instead are just concerned with mass amounts of over-population due to immigration, but they're drowned out by the bigoted morons people usually associate with the BNP.

As for the getting pissy with someone - I wouldn't say I was getting pissy with z-layrex - the use of you was intended to read as anyone reading who was of that mindset.

Anyway - can we get multi-quote on the mobile browser Mark?

On this occasion i have to question that it is just religion, im an atheist and abhor religion and its evils, but abortion is about more than just religion. It is one of the greatest mental challenges that i battle with.

I am pro choice... but!!! there is no choice for the baby involved and so... by giving the mother (lets not even question whether the father has the right to request or refuse an abortion??) the choice, we are removing it from the baby/child/cell/foetus etc etc

Whilst the original sentiment that Foxy expressed (that some one who you thought to be sensible/logical or of a similar mindset) I agree with. Abortion is one i dont judge others on, unless they are rabid protesters and those evil people who threaten others.

In the end... abortion is one area too big for me to make a black and white stand on

Well said.

The building firm unofficially removing asbestos from a site I'm on.

Walked downstairs today, to find 3 of them with dust masks over their mouths scraping off asbestos tiles off the floor.

Don't give a toss about the lads doing it, they could always say no. But the other 10 of us on site with **** all protection take the piss. Very tempted to ring HSE tomorrow.

Dad just been given the all clear from cancer (unrelated to smoking/asbestos) and here's me working on a site riddled with asbestos cos the builders insist on using their own lads to clear it rather than shutting down the site and getting in the professionals

****in fuming

Edited by lcfcstu

On this occasion i have to question that it is just religion, im an atheist and abhor religion and its evils, but abortion is about more than just religion. It is one of the greatest mental challenges that i battle with.

I am pro choice... but!!! there is no choice for the baby involved and so... by giving the mother (lets not even question whether the father has the right to request or refuse an abortion??) the choice, we are removing it from the baby/child/cell/foetus etc etc

Whilst the original sentiment that Foxy expressed (that some one who you thought to be sensible/logical or of a similar mindset) I agree with. Abortion is one i dont judge others on, unless they are rabid protesters and those evil people who threaten others.

In the end... abortion is one area too big for me to make a black and white stand on

Excellent post.

The debate of Scotland - Should they/Shouldn't they be independent.

Fuck em'. Let them have it, they want it.

Tough choice. I'm fully behind the UK but its a great chance to remove a shitload of Labour seats from our government.

Take the Welsh out as well and they would probably never see power again.

Isn't that why there is the debate? To decide whether they want to be in or out of the UK...

I think it's quite clear isn't it?

Is there any need for a debate?

Scot's don't seem to like England or the English - despite many living in England, with many English people the feeling is mutual.

Most Scot's i've spoke to are much in favour of independence - Obviously that is a very small percentage of Scottish people but still I know more that want independence that don't want independence.

Unfortunately the Jocks won't vote yes, they can posture and play billy big bollocks but when it comes down to it they know which side their bread is buttered.

It would be nice to get 481,600 Scottish benefits claimants off the books.

0108066.gif

Absolutely incredible.

Scot's don't seem to like England or the English - despite many living in England, with many English people the feeling is mutual.

Most Scot's i've spoke to are much in favour of independence - Obviously that is a very small percentage of Scottish people but still I know more that want independence that don't want independence.

Not really, there's a reasonable percentage that would prefer to stay in the UK. Most objections are more to do with how London-centric UK politics is (If that graph posted is accurate then I'd say they've a reasonable complaint there) rather than actually being part of the union.

You think anyone who doesnt agree with abortions must be a religious nut? Some people just think that a fetus has a right to life.

I think you need to attend to your reading skills first and then work up to Logic 101.

I said nothing of the sort, but if that's what you wish to take from it then go for it as I doubt you'd appreciate the finer technicalities.

I think you need to attend to your reading skills first and then work up to Logic 101.

I said nothing of the sort, but if that's what you wish to take from it then go for it as I doubt you'd appreciate the finer technicalities.

You know exactly what you meant. But hey overcompensate by calling me stupid and backtracking, that's fine.

When I lose at pool because my opponent has deliberately fouled on the black to be able to pot it (both feet off the floor to be able to reach), then have him rub it in my face for the next hour that he's managed to beat me. :mad:

How can you have lost, he has potted the black illegally and therefore loses the game surely?

Walked downstairs today, to find 3 of them with dust masks over their mouths scraping off asbestos tiles off the floor.

Don't give a toss about the lads doing it, they could always say no. But the other 10 of us on site with **** all protection take the piss. Very tempted to ring HSE tomorrow.

Dad just been given the all clear from cancer (unrelated to smoking/asbestos) and here's me working on a site riddled with asbestos cos the builders insist on using their own lads to clear it rather than shutting down the site and getting in the professionals

****in fuming

Do it. Don't accept that, that's immensely dangerous. Are you or any of your team Unionized? If so, go straight to your rep and file a complaint. If not, I guess the HSE is as good a place to start as any.

I know there's a different way of working in the private sector but if / when stuff like that happens with us there are serious consequences and heads often roll. You don't **** about with asbestos. Ever.

You'd be surprised, Matt. I don't think they'll vote in favour of independence. A lot more Scots and Welsh than you realise are actually just pretty comfortable and content being part of the UK, a lot are even proud f it. You can both dislike the English and still be happy to be British.

I mean you're, presumably, happy to be English but I'm sure there are some of your fellows that irritate you - Geordies, Londoners, Scousers or whoever and it's not like they've even given you a reason to hold a grudge.

****in fuming

No,no ,no,that is out of order asbestos is a killer if broken up.you are within your rights not to be near the place unprotected.