Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Having my fire alarms go off at 3am and every 10 mins afterwards,it is linked to the electricity with a battery for back up and only replaced the alarms 3 months ago,at least they work but I don't know why ,and am now grumpy and tired.

Being shit with technology.My wife got an upgrade on her I phone and my mate sorted I cloud.Now my daughter gets some of my mrs texts from apple users,my wife has no email,music or photos on her phone and all my daughters contacts,tried deleting daughters apple id which was fine and now can't access e mails through the I pad,but lets me look through Yahoo,I've tried setting up an id for my daughter but failed.ggggrrrrrr

Do it. Don't accept that, that's immensely dangerous. Are you or any of your team Unionized? If so, go straight to your rep and file a complaint. If not, I guess the HSE is as good a place to start as any.

I know there's a different way of working in the private sector but if / when stuff like that happens with us there are serious consequences and heads often roll. You don't **** about with asbestos. Ever.

You'd be surprised, Matt. I don't think they'll vote in favour of independence. A lot more Scots and Welsh than you realise are actually just pretty comfortable and content being part of the UK, a lot are even proud f it. You can both dislike the English and still be happy to be British.

I mean you're, presumably, happy to be English but I'm sure there are some of your fellows that irritate you - Geordies, Londoners, Scousers or whoever and it's not like they've even given you a reason to hold a grudge.

I know. The building firm we work for give us a lot of work. Which is no excuse whatsoever, but you have to think of the other lads who's jobs would be lost. Apparentley it was low risk, but even so. Nor excusing them. I'll be speaking to my supervisor when I see him though I know it'll be brushed under the carpet. The lads aren't doing it today. Says it all about the company when the directors own son whos a teenager is one of the lads removing it.

If a fuss was ever made jobs would be lost mine in particular which I just cant do.

Pathetic excuse I know but what a shit situation to be in!

I know. The building firm we work for give us a lot of work. Which is no excuse whatsoever, but you have to think of the other lads who's jobs would be lost. Apparentley it was low risk, but even so. Nor excusing them. I'll be speaking to my supervisor when I see him though I know it'll be brushed under the carpet. The lads aren't doing it today. Says it all about the company when the directors own son whos a teenager is one of the lads removing it.

If a fuss was ever made jobs would be lost mine in particular which I just cant do.

Pathetic excuse I know but what a shit situation to be in!

Who decided it was low risk?was it being broken?without seeing what it is and how it is being removed i cannot judge,but it might seem awkward now,but your health is more important.They could be on very dodgy ground(no pun intended)if they get a complaint and then use you and others as firing fodder.

You know exactly what you meant. But hey overcompensate by calling me stupid and backtracking, that's fine.

Again, more inference where there was none. What I wrote was very clear, it's just a shame you struggled with it so much.

Neither did I call you stupid or backtrack. I said you need to work on your reading skills, including comprehension, as you clearly missed the point of both posts and took to inventing your own slant.

Who decided it was low risk?was it being broken?without seeing what it is and how it is being removed i cannot judge,but it might seem awkward now,but your health is more important.They could be on very dodgy ground(no pun intended)if they get a complaint and then use you and others as firing fodder.

They were scraping it up with one of those scraper things on a long handle, then bagging it up and raping the bag. They had a henry Hoover extracting some of the dusr. Amateurish.

Their gaffers decided it was low risk. Conveniently

Web designers who just talk bullshit to you all day long and refuse to send anything in basic English that you can understand.

Edited by MattP

The "splash for gash" guys you get in clubs?

You get a bit of current and original poetry whilst relieving yourself of your dirty petrol in horrific surroundings! What's not to like?

Pissed me off once so much in Birmingham I ended up holding him up against the wall threatening to pour it down his throat.

Coming up and splashing you whilst having a piss, completely out of order.

Edited by MattP

The "splash for gash" guys you get in clubs?

You get a bit of current and original poetry whilst relieving yourself of your dirty petrol in horrific surroundings! What's not to like?

What's this??

What am I missing now I don't get to clubs anymore?

What's this??

What am I missing now I don't get to clubs anymore?

Basically an African guy in the toilets with a tray full of fake aftershaves and some mints and chupa chups, he sprays you once and then expects you to give him a couple of quid.

Basically an African guy in the toilets with a tray full of fake aftershaves and some mints and chupa chups, he sprays you once and then expects you to give him a couple of quid.

Jeez, is he marking his territory?

Chupa Chups though, now that could swing it.

Being sprayed with anything without my express permission would probably end in a torrent of abuse, assuming he understands English. Is it always an African guy?

Jeez, is he marking his territory?

Chupa Chups though, now that could swing it.

Being sprayed with anything without my express permission would probably end in a torrent of abuse, assuming he understands English. Is it always an African guy?

Generally a West African, if i'm pissed I'll usual ask them where they are from and it's usually Ghana, Senegal or Nigeria.

The Chupa Chups is a strange one, never seen anyone take one off him, most comical one I ever saw was two coppers coming into Republic to nick one of them for drug dealing, bizarre didn't cover this guy beign carted away by two uniformed officers while about 10-12 fifteen year olds started filling their pockets with fake Joop.

Edited by MattP