Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Pensioners out in public at weekends. You've got all week to doddle around town like a penguin, Dorothy, it's Saturday, stay the **** at home or go to the park or something. Working people are trying to get things done in the tiny amount of time we have off from paying your ****ing pension.

Really? I find it much more annoying when I take a day off in the week and find that what seems like millions of people are milling around having a coffee and spending time with their kids when I am working my arse off and not seeing my duaghter all week to pay their bloody benefits.

As a regular cyclist I massively agree.

Most of the people I know that are really into cycling do as well. I am absolutely pro-cyclist, in fact if I were in charge I'd cheerfully put massive cycle lanes in everywhere and if that meant less space for cars, so be it.

Every time I see one bombing down the pavement down Welford Road, I think "next time, I'm shoulder barging you into the road".

Oof. Steady on

Better than being in the ****ing road getting in everyones' way.

They've every right to be there, unlike on the pavement.

Pedestrians - if you're too scared to drive a car then just stay the fvck at home.

Or drive on the pavement. I'm sure that'd be fine

Really? I find it much more annoying when I take a day off in the week and find that what seems like millions of people are milling around having a coffee and spending time with their kids when I am working my arse off and not seeing my duaghter all week to pay their bloody benefits.

Is it not possible that these people may work shifts , such as nurses , firemen ?

You 9 to 5 ers grind my gears by making the assumption that you are the only ones who are doing anything !

;):D

• Like 2

Is it not possible that these people may work shifts , such as nurses , firemen ?

You 9 to 5 ers grind my gears by making the assumption that you are the only ones who are doing anything !

;):D

Agree I love my days off in the week when it's nice and quiet, it's one of the few perks of working shifts.

Been to two funerals this week and what grinds my gears is vicars who stiltedly read from scripts, even the Lord's Prayer (which I've never recited in worship, but which, even so, I know without having to read it) and have nothing to offer by way of comfort, certainly not by using scripture. Which is their job; which is what they are being paid more money than I'll ever earn in such a short time period for; which is what they spent years at university studying.

Are you allowed to heckle at a funeral?

Been to two funerals this week and what grinds my gears is vicars who stiltedly read from scripts, even the Lord's Prayer (which I've never recited in worship, but which, even so, I know without having to read it) and have nothing to offer by way of comfort, certainly not by using scripture. Which is their job; which is what they are being paid more money than I'll ever earn in such a short time period for; which is what they spent years at university studying.

Are you allowed to heckle at a funeral?

I reckon have a stern word with the Reverend afterwards, express your disappointment as a consumer of religious services.

Contradiction :D.

Okay, I was just being pedantic.

But nevertheless, how does he know that all the people he sees aren't taking days off from their jobs to spend time with their kids? I know with some people you can just tell that they're scroungers. Again, I'm being pedantic but I'm in that kind of mood, so fvck it.

:thumbup:

Primary school children believe their teachers live in the school because they have an inability to comprehend they have a life outside of work.

How delightful that some adults exhibit a similar difficulty comprehending that other adults exist outside of their immediate sphere of reference.

Primary school children believe their teachers live in the school because they have an inability to comprehend they have a life outside of work.

How delightful that some adults exhibit a similar difficulty comprehending that other adults exist outside of their immediate sphere of reference.

Oh piss off the lot of you!!!

The fire alarm going off on a Saturday night when its difficult to get an engineer to come out. I thought it was my neighbour but from what he said two lyoung blokes were in the passageway smoking. How they got in is another question. Phoned the nimber for the given number for the engineer and he wanted assurance that he had a contract with my housing. Phoned them and they said it was them who called the engineer to report it.

Then when I was in the passageway trying to describe the condition of the panel a car pulled up outside and the driver said it was two youths smoking drugs who then ran off when the alarm was set off.

I still want to know who let them in the house.

There has been problems before with users and my neighbour is a soft touch and has had past problems himself mental and drink.

GEtting fed up with it. Thought it had been sorted. The housing knew about past events and I think the police were aware but no ones been caught in the act. In fact I've spoken to people in the street who have spoken about it.

Don't want to call the police this time of night as there is nothing they can do.

Sorted. Engineer directed me how to reduce the alarm noise. Would have took him two hours to get to me now he'll come out Monday. I'll let the housing know I'm not happy about strangers entering the house. If they want to get the police invoved its up to them. I'm innocent so it only leaves one other person who could have allowed access.

Rant over. Missed MotD apart from Man Utd who for some strange reason were not on first.

The fire alarm going off on a Saturday night when its difficult to get an engineer to come out. I thought it was my neighbour but from what he said two lyoung blokes were in the passageway smoking. How they got in is another question. Phoned the nimber for the given number for the engineer and he wanted assurance that he had a contract with my housing. Phoned them and they said it was them who called the engineer to report it.

Then when I was in the passageway trying to describe the condition of the panel a car pulled up outside and the driver said it was two youths smoking drugs who then ran off when the alarm was set off.

I still want to know who let them in the house.

There has been problems before with users and my neighbour is a soft touch and has had past problems himself mental and drink.

GEtting fed up with it. Thought it had been sorted. The housing knew about past events and I think the police were aware but no ones been caught in the act. In fact I've spoken to people in the street who have spoken about it.

Don't want to call the police this time of night as there is nothing they can do. ever

Sorted. Engineer directed me how to reduce the alarm noise. Would have took him two hours to get to me now he'll come out Monday. I'll let the housing know I'm not happy about strangers entering the house. If they want to get the police invoved its up to them. I'm innocent so it only leaves one other person who could have allowed access.

Rant over. Missed MotD apart from Man Utd who for some strange reason were not on first.

There are a few respectable jobs which don't abide by the 9-5, but let's face it, the vast majority of non 9-5 jobs are shit and populated by people who should have tried harder in school.

If you work flexi-hours, surely then you could take time off from being a bell-end?