Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

When I was did a couple of days council work for an agency I was told that they had a bloke who used to work as a city banker come and do the job because he could not get one for what he was qualified in.

There are people that work in low paid jobs because they enjoy it more than a desk 9-5 jobs. Nurse do not do nursing for the money yet they are highly skilled and studied for years. Not all teachers are highly paid but they do it because they want to help children. There are many care workers that work long hours with disabled, elderly, mentally handicapped and orphanages. These are not pleasant jobs. Lifting people on and off toilets then cleaning up after them when there is an accident. Are they thick and unworthy? I really would not wish redundancy on some people as they would have a shock and not be so high and mighty I am so much better than you if they did.

I hope Moose is joking. It does seem hard to believe that he is actually serious.

Royal Mail grinds my gears. I'm currently selling a large chunk of my games collection on Amazon Marketplace to fund my first house purchase. Today someone sent me a complaint with a photo of their parcel they received. Looks like someone in the depot has stamped on the parcel and squashed the game case inside, now I'm likely to get bad feedback even though it isn't my problem. C**ts.

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Royal Mail grinds my gears. I'm currently selling a large chunk of my games collection on Amazon Marketplace to fund my first house purchase. Today someone sent me a complaint with a photo of their parcel they received. Looks like someone in the depot has stamped on the parcel and squashed the game case inside, now I'm likely to get bad feedback even though it isn't my problem. C**ts.

Sellers can get such a hard time though sites like Amazon and Ebay, that's just life though try not to be pissed off by it nothing you can do, and one bad feedback over a squashed parcel wont affect buyers.

Grinding gears this today (first world problem):

My dream job working at the Brompton in London (main cardio-thoracic centre for the whole country which is my 'thang') in post-anaesthetic care has come up, but I've only just gone back to my old job 3 weeks ago (after leaving for 5 months to work at a hospital nearer to home but hated it), I can't just leave again but it's very disappointing, positions like this don't come up very much. Would be much nearer to my girlfriend too which would solve a lot of problems.

Oh well. :(

Sellers can get such a hard time though sites like Amazon and Ebay, that's just life though try not to be pissed off by it nothing you can do, and one bad feedback over a squashed parcel wont affect buyers.

My dream job working at the Brompton in London (main cardio-thoracic centre for the whole country which is my 'thang') in post-anaesthetic care has come up, but I've only just gone back to my old job 3 weeks ago (after leaving for 5 months to work at a hospital nearer to home but hated it), I can't just leave again but it's very disappointing, positions like this don't come up very much. Would be much nearer to my girlfriend too which would solve a lot of problems.

Go for it mate, you might not get another chance. If you get it you have your dream job in a perfect location and it could save your relationship. If you don't get it you will still have your old job. I know you'll feel like you'll be letting your current employers down, but I think you'll regret it if you don't.

John's right, you don't owe them any favours. Go for it. You might not even get the job but you'll always regret it if you don't try.

Probably will affect my sales - I've sold over 20 items over the past 3 months and only 1 person has left feedback, no one seems to bother and I've been prompt and made sure everything has been packed safely. Now I'm having to issue a refund AND the additional postage to get MY item back in a damaged condition. Also from the response I got from the customer, he seems like a very irrational arsewipe who will leave incredibly harsh feedback regardless of my issueing a refund. If he does, I might send him some dog shit.

As for your opportunity - go for it. Life's too short to be doing things you're not happy with, and regrets can be mighty niggling. Do it!

Probably will affect my sales - I've sold over 20 items over the past 3 months and only 1 person has left feedback, no one seems to bother and I've been prompt and made sure everything has been packed safely. Now I'm having to issue a refund AND the additional postage to get MY item back in a damaged condition. Also from the response I got from the customer, he seems like a very irrational arsewipe who will leave incredibly harsh feedback regardless of my issueing a refund. If he does, I might send him some dog shit.

As for your opportunity - go for it. Life's too short to be doing things you're not happy with, and regrets can be mighty niggling. Do it!

I sold an iPod on eBay but advertised it as a newer model by mistake. it was my fault so offered the buyer an apology and a refund, he then left a negative feedback anyway so he is currently getting his refund back at a rate of 20p a week.

Haha! Nicely done - serves them right for being so petty. I get 180 days to issue a refund, but part of me is thinking to leave it a couple of weeks, then claim that I never received the item back, so Amazon would presumably have to issue me a refund...

Your employer would have ZERO hesitation in letting you go if it suited them, so don't miss out on their account. You might feel you are letting down your boss who took you back, but again they gave you the job for their benefit not as a favour. In other words stop pissing about on here and get your application in!!

:appl:

Abso-fvcking-lutely!

• Like 1

What really grinds my gears is the gears on me new Ford Focus. For a new car that gearbox is shocking - very clunky. You start slowing down and have to really force the gear shifts. Not impressed.

Ironic really.

Edited by Paddy Akinbiyi

What really grinds my gears is the gears on me new Ford Focus. For a new car that gearbox is shocking - very clunky. You start slowing down and have to really force the gear shifts. Not impressed.

Ironic really.

Is it brand new?

Not out of the question that the gearbox hasn't been filled with enough oil. If it's clunky enough to concern you, sling it back to the dealer and have them check the gearbox oil level.

Your employer would have ZERO hesitation in letting you go if it suited them, so don't miss out on their account. You might feel you are letting down your boss who took you back, but again they gave you the job for their benefit not as a favour. In other words stop pissing about on here and get your application in!!

To true, in the end they are paying for your services to make them a profit, nothing more, there is no loyalty anymore from firms to their workforce so they should expect no favours in return.

I go to a games club Wednesdays now and one game the requirement was the oldest to go first. It was me. I did asky how can the person taht roles the dice first have anything to do with age. The reply was that the rules stated it was the eldest because they would be the wisest.

Seems reasonable.