Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

I go to a games club Wednesdays now and one game the requirement was the oldest to go first. It was me. I did asky how can the person taht roles the dice first have anything to do with age. The reply was that the rules stated it was the eldest because they would be the wisest.

Seems reasonable.

or they might fall asleep by the time they got their go!

Maybe. Most of the games I haven't heard of.

Catan. Srttlers/Civilization type game build Cities and collect resources.

Talisman. Various characters with goodies and baddies trying to get to the centre of the board. Haven't been able to finish yet

BattleStar gallatica. Board game based on the TV series.

Shoot. Played first time last night. Card game. originated from Spain or Mexico as the rules have dual language. There are the sheriff and outlaws and you play cards trying to eliminate whoever depending which side of the law you are.

Starts at 4pm and goes on till late. 10.30pm the other night. I have joined a geeks club.

Ffs. You can imagine the sort who will watch that.

Just saw an advert for webuyanyhome.com - seriously wtf.

Where's does that end? Could tolerate the car but houses?

Ffs. You can imagine the sort who will watch that.

Just saw an advert for webuyanyhome.com - seriously wtf.

Where's does that end? Could tolerate the car but houses?

Brilliant! Plenty of people inherit houses and spend ages trying to sell them! Now you can let a developer buy it for a shit price and make huge margins off the back of it.

Brilliant! Plenty of people inherit houses and spend ages trying to sell them! Now you can let a developer buy it for a shit price and make huge margins off the back of it.

The best part was the fact retirement was mentioned, because anyone selling their property before heading to the south of Spain would want 'we buy any house.com' looking after the sale.

Death.

Everyone I get ****ing close to goes, too soon.

Yet people still believe there is a god or believe in religion and all that bullshit.

Obviously I understand everyone dies at some point, I understand why people die, the world would be one overpopulated place (Some would say it already is) if people didn't die.

If there was a god and if there are and god-botherers, or religion (aka fairy tail) believers on here, tell me - How come he made so much suffering in the world? Fair enough people die - How come they die in a suffering way? I mean years of suffering.

On a positive, atleast they are not suffering anymore.

Edited by Matt

There are a few respectable jobs which don't abide by the 9-5, but let's face it, the vast majority of non 9-5 jobs are shit and populated by people who should have tried harder in school.

I'm a charge nurse in an intensive care unit ... I haven't worked 9-5 since I qualified as a nurse. Should I have tried harder? I'll bear that in mind when mind the next time im treating a patient.

I'm a charge nurse in an intensive care unit ... I haven't worked 9-5 since I qualified as a nurse. Should I have tried harder? I'll bear that in mind when mind the next time im treating a patient.

I wouldn't take him too seriously, he's a troll who works shifts in a fast food place...obviously with hang-ups about his lack of education and dim prospects for the future. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Death.

Everyone I get ****ing close to goes, too soon.

Yet people still believe there is a god or believe in religion and all that bullshit.

Obviously I understand everyone dies at some point, I understand why people die, the world would be one overpopulated place (Some would say it already is) if people didn't die.

If there was a god and if there are and god-botherers, or religion (aka fairy tail) believers on here, tell me - How come he made so much suffering in the world? Fair enough people die - How come they die in a suffering way? I mean years of suffering.

On a positive, atleast they are not suffering anymore.

At least they are not suffering any more ? well we don't know that do we because no one knows what is beyond death if anything at all. It's that not knowing that formed religion in the human mind in the first place to many people it's a kind of comfort blanket. Humans have a need to understand what life is all about unlike animals, so to stop ourselves from going mad at not knowing we invented lots of Gods and stupid theories to try and make sense of the insensible.

Death is undeniably the end of anyone in this world and maybe that's it with no after life and no reason for living in the first place. Still we have our beloved Leicester city while we are here that's all that counts.

I don't think anyone can be singled out as better or worse educated based on the hours they work.

Making generalizations statements about others is often based on misconceptions that people have.

Of course they will never admit this.

To think I started this nonsense by whining about all the people out and about enjoying themselves when I am normally at work. In a brilliant twist of irony I was enjoying a coffee with my wife, who is a nurse who worked shift for years, and my mum did the same on night shift for 25 years to be home for us kids when we were at school :)

Edited by Jon the Hat

Again that falls into the respectable jobs category which is, I'll admit, slightly longer than the one which appeared in my mind in the 0.00000001045 seconds I took to think before posting that comment. To be fair to myself though I had medical professions, police firefighters etc on the list already.

As for jobs not on the list I was thinking taxi drivers, people who work in Maryland chicken, warehouse workers, call centres etc. All should have tried harder in school.

Is it wrong that me and a friend didn't invite someone else to something? He now is actually jealous and acting like a child as we have a picture with David Mitchell.

lol

Very slightly related...

...Let downs. Its a little ironic really because i am known for cancelling arrangements aswell, but not an hour before said arrangement, that was arranged over a week ago, because you decided to get on it lastnight and are still out on it now. I mean, fair play in one way and maybe its because im a little jealous! Even so though, leaves me in a bit of a quandry(sp.) now!

And companies that charge for using a debit card - **** off and get with the 21st century

:yesyes: A booking fee when paying over the net. You don't have to pay anyone to collect the money, it should be cheaper.

Also £8 for a cinema ticket and you still have to sit through 15 minutes of adverts.

My pet hate is lousy service.

I blow up and did do at the new DMU gym when the woman behind the counter was being ****ing rude and serving all the wrong people.

Barmen/ barmaids who can't keep tab of who should be served next. Worse than them are the rude c**ts who push in in the first place and act all oblivious when you tell them to **** right off. Worst is when a fit slag does it - it's difficult to tell a fit slag to **** off when they flutter their fake eyelashes at you and push their cleavage together.