Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Always is the best day of racing, Caufeild Cup and Vic Derby are the best race days in the Spring.

Gatewood must win tomorrow to get in to the Melbourne Cup, it's about 34th in the order of entry. Not looked at the form too much but think Hvastan will give it a crack in the Derby, masssive against track bias win last start. Plus the script has been written for it, small time training family never had any top liners lashed out and spent the most money they have ever spent on a horse set for this race. The head of the family and main trainer died a few days out from the win at Caufeild, was some of the most emotional scene i've seen after that win.

I'll have a read into that sounds interesting.

Remembered my other bets, Zyedco and Secret Admirer EW, got a good feeling about Saturday. Going to be a late one.

Sat down on the plane back from NY yesterday, next to the window.. 2 seats next to me I thought were spare so I put my bag and coat on them so I don't have to fumble around on the floor like an idiot when I need something. Next thing I know when there is about a minute til the flight is supposed to leave, some pair of Jews sat down next to me, big Top Hat, beard, everything. Jesus Christ. All they did on the flight was read a book and kept putting their elbow near me and kept knocking me when I specifically told them not to.

When I wanted to go for a piss they just ignored me, ended up having to shout at them and try and clamber over them.

Pair of fvckwits

Sat down on the plane back from NY yesterday, next to the window.. 2 seats next to me I thought were spare so I put my bag and coat on them so I don't have to fumble around on the floor like an idiot when I need something. Next thing I know when there is about a minute til the flight is supposed to leave, some pair of Jews sat down next to me, big Top Hat, beard, everything. Jesus Christ. All they did on the flight was read a book and kept putting their elbow near me and kept knocking me when I specifically told them not to.

When I wanted to go for a piss they just ignored me, ended up having to shout at them and try and clamber over them.

Pair of fvckwits

How dare they have a top hat and beard....so inconsiderate.

Pair of fvckwits

I bet they loved having to sit next to you.

Pair of fvckwits

Surprised at you for feeling that you needed highlight the fact that they were Jews. A couple of annoying blokes? Fair enough, but I don't think that their religious beliefs contributed to their behaviour.

East Midland Trains the robbing bastards.

What did they do this time?

Or just the general high prices, have you tried megatrain, like megabus, but on the train, can normally get to London for £13 quid if you book a few days before, still on East Midland trains, but cheaper.

You can always use Virgin, you just might have to go the long way round.

But hooray for privatisation another success story.

From the elders I speak to the trains were far from perfect before it, possibly worse.

Virgin are better but East Midlands really are the bottom of the pile, the only good thing they do is the Saturday Morning Breakfast service, any trip on their trains is quite a choir.

Compared to the service on the Swiss/German lines the difference is staggering.

Edited by MattP

Went to the hairdressers. Got back to see my hair next to me ear on one side of my face at least a cm shorter than the otherside. ****ing joke. Gonna have to try and even it up myself in a mirror.

Someone in my family is a hairdresser I had mine cut the other week, they gave me a fucking bald patch on the side of my head.

When I say bald i'm exagerating but it was alot shorter and you could clearly see the scalp, when I asked them what went wrong they said 'Oh it's your hairline'...WTF?!

They evened it up as much as possible, didn't look too bad in the end, it soon grows :unsure:

Edited by Matt

From the elders I speak to the trains were far from perfect before it, possibly worse.

Virgin are better but East Midlands really are the bottom of the pile, the only good thing they do is the Saturday Morning Breakfast service, any trip on their trains is quite a choir.

Compared to the service on the Swiss/German lines the difference is staggering.

250px-Windsbacher_d.jpg

Deusche Bahn is owned by the German government.

Not really privatised though is it. If it was the industry would be completely different. I don't know if it would be better, but it would definitely be different.

No it is still heavily subsidised by the government.

Like the gas and electricity, it cannot be fully privatised, you are basically just choosing which admin company dry bums you for profit, the problem with rail is you don't get a choice, Greater Anglia are fvcking shocking too.