Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Trying to take £250 out of a cash machine, the amount being debited from my account but not actually being given the money.

I'm going to start taking cash out over the counter, like a pensioner

Don't banks have cameras installed in cash machines? There must be proof that you've been d*cked on.

Mellow, female, acoustic covers used in adverts. Not so much the songs themselves just the trend.

Main offender: John Lewis.

I look forward to next years heart warming advert in which a child and a dog team up to find the perfect present for an old lady, played out to an acoustic cover of Slap My Bitch Up by Katie Melua.

• Like 2

Mellow, female, acoustic covers used in adverts. Not so much the songs themselves just the trend.

I look forward to next years heart warming advert in which a child and a dog team up to find the perfect present for an old lady, played out to an acoustic cover of Slap My Bitch Up by Katie Melua.

Spoiler - the present is the dogs head, it's always the dogs head.

That advert is a bit creepy too. Children being stalked by a snowman!

And if I had kids and they wanted to buy a snowman some gloves from John Lewis I'd tell them to **** off! Get them off the market if you really have too, I'm not having a snowman having more expensive gloves than me!

Fair enough if there's only one ad break, but if you've got a show that's an hour long then that's 3 ad breaks (plus the start & finish) - I can't drink that many cuppas or go for a piss that many times in an hour.

If you drink that many cuppas you'll probably end up going for a piss a few times in an hour.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

Don't banks have cameras installed in cash machines? There must be proof that you've been d*cked on.

Rang the bank as soon as I got home and they reckon it's not unusual. Apparently they just do an audit of the machine and it all works itself out within a week or two. Won't be too relaxed until the money reappears though.

It would happen on an occasion when I'm getting the maximum allowed out, and not the usual twenty quid

Rang the bank as soon as I got home and they reckon it's not unusual. Apparently they just do an audit of the machine and it all works itself out within a week or two. Won't be too relaxed until the money reappears though.

It would happen on an occasion when I'm getting the maximum allowed out, and not the usual twenty quid

I used to coordinate engineers to fix ATMs many moons ago, and the machine keeps a tally. There's a million and one sensors in there, and when it doesn't 'spit it out' an error is logged internally and sent on to a specific centre (one I worked at) and an engineer goes out, especially if went out of operation following your 'ghost transaction'. As you've mentioned, it normally sorts itself out.

But people who think when a machine spits out a couple of extra twenties are quids in, nowadays it'll be logged, and it's surprising if they don't deduct those extras from your account.

Edited by sphericalfox

I used to coordinate engineers to fix ATMs many moons ago, and the machine keeps a tally. There's a million and one sensors in there, and when it doesn't 'spit it out' an error is logged internally and sent on to a specific centre (one I worked at) and an engineer goes out, especially if went out of operation following your 'ghost transaction'. As you've mentioned, it normally sorts itself out.

But people who think when a machine spits out a couple of extra twenties are quids in, nowadays it'll be logged, and it's surprising if they don't deduct those extras from your account.

correct,about 20 years ago I used to fill them up and balance them and even then you found out straight away who had not had cash etc.

correct,about 20 years ago I used to fill them up and balance them and even then you found out straight away who had not had cash etc.

That's most reassuring. I thank you