Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Hotel beds, why do 'luxury' hotels think having really soft beds and lots of huge fvcking pillows is a good thing. I never sleep well in these places, why can't I have an option of a harder mattress and a normal sized pillow a light duvet so I can actually get some fvcking sleep and not wake up with a bad back a stiff neck and sweating (or freezing having thrown off the tog 24 duvet.)

Tell me about it! I'm off to Istanbul in the morning for a couple if days of meetings, and I just know I won't get any sleep.

Premier inns are really nice since the rebranding.

I would question really nice, but they are fine for what they are, obviously some will be nicer than others, but they are not luxury hotels.

But they do a job, and if that job is provide a good night's sleep then they probably do it better than some of these 'luxury' hotels, fvck your spa treatment, just give me a decent bed.

I would question really nice, but they are fine for what they are, obviously some will be nicer than others, but they are not luxury hotels.

But they do a job, and if that job is provide a good night's sleep then they probably do it better than some of these 'luxury' hotels, fvck your spa treatment, just give me a decent bed.

Speaking of shit luxury hotels. I stayed at the Cadogan in London last year, paid a bloody fortune. Our room was right outside their 'old-style' ****ing lift with the door you have to slam back and forth like this:

4285437722_dfc46f0741.jpg

Drove us mental and they wouldn't move us to a different room.

The humblebrag infused with first world problems. Beautiful. What next, your lobster was too big and it has made you feel all full?

I am slightly concerned that my hotel overlooking the Bosphorus might get little too much breeze in the evening now the temperature has dropped below 20 degrees?

Look in to transferring courses or taking up other modules or even exchanging for a year abroad. Talk to your student office and seek advice.

Dropping out is the biggest regret of my life, especially now I'm looking around for visas in East Asia which may be a thing that interests you in future.

I'm losing passion for my Uni course :/

It's going okay but just finding time for other things.

Students complaining about not having enough spare time lol

Look in to transferring courses or taking up other modules or even exchanging for a year abroad. Talk to your student office and seek advice.

Dropping out is the biggest regret of my life, especially now I'm looking around for visas in East Asia which may be a thing that interests you in future.

You got that yellow fever big time haven't you

• Like 1

Yeah I will see about that.

To be honest though I have always wanted to do this course but It's just boring. I wasn't expecting it to be exciting but I need to somehow regain the passion for it I once had.

I went to a lecture about the JET programme and whilst I wont consider it a long term thing, I wouldn't mind doing it for a year or two.

Students complaining about not having enough spare time lol

It's not that, more that I'm not putting in the time I probably should.

If you pick up a CELTA qualification whilst studying you'll be able to get work in Japan on a working holiday visa without a degree but you'd have to come back after a year.

Otherwise you need a degree to be eligible for a full working visa, to work legally, even though most employers won't ask for it if you're British.

Didn't realise Japan had a whv scheme. Sounds great, but is there any work available that isn't teaching English?

Yes and no, I suppose, depends on your languages. You don't need very good Japanese - or much at all - to teach English but almost anything else it will be essential.

So you could go apply for anything on a WHV, even in a 7 Eleven if you wanted. But you'd need to speak the language, which is very rare amongst people that only want a year out - hence why Oz and NZ are more popular I guess.

My bloody mother, he had a "heated debate" this morning, I waned to defrost some chucked for tonight. She said bang it in the fridge. I questioned her advice, reasoning and gereral all around sanity and argued that I wanted it to actually be defrosted when I got home. She insisted and a mountain was created from its humble molehill beginnings. The chicken was put in the fridge.

After a long hard day I come home and NO ****ING DEFROSTED CHICKEN!!!!

I knew I was right, I always am.

Pissed off big time.

Friends at work big 40 at the start of December and I decided we should go to MK Snodome,selfish reasons but the lad who is 40 although a great guy reckons he is better than everyone at things he does eg carting,driving golf etcHe can't ski and 3 of us at work can,so wanted him to be put down a peg or 2.i wanted to organise it,but another lad said leave it to him.Result fook all done.i did loads yesterday,spaces available and was awaiting 2 people's answers.Forced them to make a decision and guess what.Lessons only now available for 2 people not 3 beginners.Us skiers are ok.Now I'm a big lad 6 ft 4 but I'm going to have to either cancel the whole thing or let one of the 2 late comers down,these 2 don't work with me,but I know them.1 is 6ft 9" and built like a brick shit house with more tatts than I've got pubes and the other is 6ft 10" built like a brick shit house also with more tatts than I've got pubes.Which one of the freaks do I let down without having my arms ripped off?

Pissed off big time.

Friends at work big 40 at the start of December and I decided we should go to MK Snodome,selfish reasons but the lad who is 40 although a great guy reckons he is better than everyone at things he does eg carting,driving golf etcHe can't ski and 3 of us at work can,so wanted him to be put down a peg or 2.i wanted to organise it,but another lad said leave it to him.Result fook all done.i did loads yesterday,spaces available and was awaiting 2 people's answers.Forced them to make a decision and guess what.Lessons only now available for 2 people not 3 beginners.Us skiers are ok.Now I'm a big lad 6 ft 4 but I'm going to have to either cancel the whole thing or let one of the 2 late comers down,these 2 don't work with me,but I know them.1 is 6ft 9" and built like a brick shit house with more tatts than I've got pubes and the other is 6ft 10" built like a brick shit house also with more tatts than I've got pubes.Which one of the freaks do I let down without having my arms ripped off?

Looks like your staying home pal haha ;)

The way motorists are being priced off the road and we're old told we should be using public transport, but it's pretty ruddy expensive.

Decided to get the train to the football last weekend. Return from Loughborough is £5.20 (I think), which isn't too bad. However, parking at the station cost me £6. Conveniently, since Loughborough station's redevelopment, the council have put parking restrictions on nearby Burder Street and Ratcliffe Road, effectively preventing you from parking there. I can get the bus to the station, but that would end up costing roughly the same as car parking.

All in all, I'm actually better off just driving to the football.