Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Surely they won't get "done", the bank will just deduct from their balances whatever they've taken out.

The machine might have had a fault but surely it still keeps track of who withdrew what?

Yes you would think so, see first post about it being stupid queuing to get your own money out :)

Well I hope so. If I received less or if it broke down mid transaction, I'd want to know that the time for transactions would be recorded along with details who did it.

If the ATM is computerised I would think it is all recorded. The people involve would just get a bog standard letter.

Dear/ Sir/Madam

On 'date' you withdraw £xxx from the ATM on (street) This may have exceeded the amount you requested but as the bank does not give free money away the amount will be dected from your account.

Have a nice day

(the manager)

The fvcking antiques industry. Namely the absolute SH!TE on tv that my mum and her partner lose their shit over. It's a world full of pretentious bellends all trying to buy something at a rock bottom price so they can rip some poor sap off by selling it at 4 x the price without actually adding a shred of value.

And nothing is worse than the fist pumps and high fives they give eachother as if they are faux sports men letting out some pent up adrenaline.

FVCKTARDS

Yeah what with it being the season for lamb :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Most London kitchens aren't still based in the 1920's, I could understand were it February but we're still only in November, most of the top restaurants import anyway so it shouldn't matter, I asked the question at Hawksmoor where they usually do a fantastic piece and the manager there said he couldn't really explain it.

:rolleyes:

Most London kitchens aren't still based in the 1920's, I could understand were it February but we're still only in November, most of the top restaurants import anyway so it shouldn't matter, I asked the question at Hawksmoor where they usually do a fantastic piece and the manager there said he couldn't really explain it.

No you're probably right, top restaurants don't cook seasonally. Then you try name drop a streak restaurant with a £5 wine club on Mondays. :thumbup:

No you're probably right, top restaurants don't cook seasonally. Then you try name drop a streak restaurant with a £5 wine club on Mondays. :thumbup:

£5 corkage fee isn't it on Mondays?, big difference but let's not get let that get in the way of you trying to make some sort of strange point. Yes it's a steakhouse, they also serve Burgers, breakfast, chicken, seafood as well...

I had a Lamb in there last Christmas, but you seem determined to pick an argument with me again and now you have resorted to Lamb to do it, you really need to get a life. Seriously.

Anyway finally I've managed it, after 7 years I'm actually going to put someone on ignore. Now please for the last time stop stalking me, it's getting very very annoying.

Edited by MattP

£5 corkage fee isn't it on Mondays?, big difference but let's not get let that get in the way of you trying to make some sort of strange point. Yes it's a steakhouse, they also serve Burgers, breakfast, chicken, seafood as well...

I had a Lamb in there last Christmas, but you seem determined to pick an argument with me again and now you have resorted to Lamb to do it, you really need to get a life. Seriously.

No I'm not starting an argument I am interested in your thoughts of what the difference is between a top restaurant and a steakhouse. Top restaurants generally buy fresh seasonal meat and veg and cook with it. If you ate lamb at Christmas then it was imported and frozen, or British and frozen. This in my view is not a top restaurant. I'm sure the food at the Hawksmoor is cooked well, and is probably quite nice.

This a discussion, and if you want to get pissy about it. Fine.

Edited by sphericalfox

Hate to say it ,but you can get British lamb up to next month.Bit stronger.Lad at works dad was a farmer and used to sell me half a lamb,used to wake up with the shittiest taste in mouth it was that strong.

Nothing to hate saying. If lamb has been hanging up for this long it'll taste pretty rank as it's really well out of season. Though I'm sure there's a market for it somewhere, I'd say top restaurants keep it off their menus

Nothing to hate saying. If lamb has been hanging up for this long it'll taste pretty rank as it's really well out of season. Though I'm sure there's a market for it somewhere, I'd say top restaurants keep it off their menus

No,they just slaughter it later in the year,I'm sure there are stages of a lambs age when they slaughter upto becoming mutton.

No,they just slaughter it later in the year,I'm sure there are stages of a lambs age when they slaughter upto becoming mutton.

Brilliantly, so pretty much everything he has said since starting that argument has been completely wrong. Incredible.