Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Pedestrians who have earphones in listending to whatever strolling across roads with absolutely no sense of where they are what they are doing and then look so hard done to when you Blast your horn at them, in the midle of the road.

Yes quite so !

Add to that the ones who have hooded coats that restrict they're vision like horse blinkers and think because they can't see anything at the side there's nothing there .

Big socks.

Falling a sleep on the bus and waking up in the middle of an unknown estate. I'd to phone MsFoxy to get her to collect me.

I did that once and ended up at the Abbey Park Road bus station because it was the last bus of the night :D

Pedestrians who have earphones in listending to whatever strolling across roads with absolutely no sense of where they are what they are doing and then look so hard done to when you Blast your horn at them, in the midle of the road.

This is especially fun as a cyclist. That said, it happens when pedestrians don't have headphones too. I don't know what I'd do without my bell

I have to commute via Welford Road and University Road, at 8:30 in the morning and 4:30 in the afternoon, this sums up every other pedestrian. Idiot students (mostly for the college) just wander into the road without turning their head in the slightest. I'd say I have a near miss at least once a week. Need to bring back the "Stop, Look and Listen" adverts - obviously there's enough idiots who can't think for themselves

Big socks.

Falling a sleep on the bus and waking up in the middle of an unknown estate. I'd to phone MsFoxy to get her to collect me.

I did that, missed my stop, and was dropped off in swad (last bus too)....couldn't find a phone box so I just kept walking and somehow walking through the snow in the pitch dark found my way back home (about 4 miles)....did a similiar thing a few years before that and walked home from coalville (about 5 miles)....which was worse because it was red hot and I was dehydrated.

Ah, did you think the NHS was some kind of meritocracy? ;)

Just sick of carrying the slack if im not on with a good team. Tired of being disliked for it by certain lazy women who've been in the same job for years and years. Think I might look for another critical care job in London or something.

People who appear on gameshows looking like they've been dragged through a bush.

Just watched one where one of the men wore a shirt unbuttoned revealing his hairy chest , the top was not ironed and the jeans looked like he'd been wearing them to work.

We were talking about that the other day :D

Back in the day if anyone was appearing on the telly they would be dressed up to the knives even if it was just for "Take Your Pick" , or "Double your Money"

The same thing happened on air travel , everyone was dressed up in Sunday best to go on an aeroplane .

No -one wore shorts , baggy tops etc :D how times change !

Edited by Zingari
  • Like 1