Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

My, my, my, just been told something that doesn't help my opinion of students, to go along with the other Uni drop-outs I know that have been to Uni and done nothing with what they studied.

I know someone, she went to Uni, fair play to her, dropped out, went back to study another course, compleated the course, did nothing with what she studied, went back again, just coming to finish this course upon asking her if she is going to find a job or atleast try in the field that she has studied after her third time at Uni....nah, i'm going traveling, to South America, I may have to work for a few weeks in Canada but nah won't be finding a job in what i've studied, I don't need a job, I'll always find work.

She's 28 - 29 never worked a day in her life, dropped out of Uni once, studied 2 and a half course she isn't going to follow through and use as a career, been traveling twice, and got a pretty decent car. I'm jealous...she's either a secret millionairess or debted up to fook.

What gets me is someone who really wanted to do those course she has 'wasted' a place on could have took her place, furthered themselves, made a career for themselves, while she seems to be doing it for 'something to do' - Those people I have no problem with, fair play to them, people like that need Uni, but to me there are far too many people like the person i'm talking about, certainly in my experience, I know far more people that have dropped out and debted up, rather than made a success out of themselves.

Edit - Bollocks >_< I'm not supposed to have opinions like these any more, I meant to have turned over a new leaf, sticking up for students, liking Arsenal, and never putting our own team down even when i'm just being honest, for the good of the forum. :doh:

Edited by Matt

No, it's just started doing it. If I press stop a second time it stops, just seems odd that it's started doing that... I've not changed anything around.

Huh that is odd, each function has a discrete code so it shouldn't just start happening unless you have a programmable remote that has somehow learned the wrong code.

Not sure what to advise but you might try looking at the manuals and see if there's a factory reset procedure. Failing that, if the remote is programmable you can reset the codes, ether by learning (not all remotes will do that) or rewriting the code for that piece of equipment.

Good Luck :thumbup:

Edited by Smudge

My, my, my, just been told something that doesn't help my opinion of students, to go along with the other Uni drop-outs I know that have been to Uni and done nothing with what they studied.

I know someone, she went to Uni, fair play to her, dropped out, went back to study another course, compleated the course, did nothing with what she studied, went back again, just coming to finish this course upon asking her if she is going to find a job or atleast try in the field that she has studied after her third time at Uni....nah, i'm going traveling, to South America, I may have to work for a few weeks in Canada but nah won't be finding a job in what i've studied, I don't need a job, I'll always find work.

She's 28 - 29 never worked a day in her life, dropped out of Uni once, studied 2 and a half course she isn't going to follow through and use as a career, been traveling twice, and got a pretty decent car. I'm jealous...she's either a secret millionairess or debted up to fook.

What gets me is someone who really wanted to do those course she has 'wasted' a place on could have took her place, furthered themselves, made a career for themselves, while she seems to be doing it for 'something to do' - Those people I have no problem with, fair play to them, people like that need Uni, but to me there are far too many people like the person i'm talking about, certainly in my experience, I know far more people that have dropped out and debted up, rather than made a success out of themselves.

Edit - Bollocks >_< I'm not supposed to have opinions like these any more, I meant to have turned over a new leaf, sticking up for students, liking Arsenal, and never putting our own team down even when i'm just being honest, for the good of the forum. :doh:

Do you walk with a limp? That chip on your shoulder must seriously weigh you down.

• Like 2

Do you walk with a limp? That chip on your shoulder must seriously weigh you down.

Haha.

So you agree with what the person has done?

It's obviously their life and money (Although strictly speaking it isn't, they must have loaned it) they do what they want with it, but what is wrong with my opinion of they have took a place a 3 courses where someone who really wanted to the course but got knocked back and couldn't get on the course? Is that opinion wrong? Really? Isn't the space they took a wasted one? That's all i'm saying, not sure what chip I am supposed to have with an opinion like that but if it makes you feel any better no, I don't have a limp, I even the chip out on both shoulders, always lift even loads, think you need to go on a manual handling course. :kissing:

Surely whilst slagging off the person I know this opinion is sticking up for the students who go to Uni for the right reasons? :dunno:

Edited by Matt

Not sure if being jealous is what I'd feel. In a few years time she may regret it. She may need to get a job and there won't be any decent ones available and will be turned down for others. On the other hand she may meet a great bloke with a well paid job. Stay at home and become a MP and pay no taxes whilst claiming expenses for a second home.

Not sure if being jealous is what I'd feel. In a few years time she may regret it. She may need to get a job and there won't be any decent ones available and will be turned down for others. On the other hand she may meet a great bloke with a well paid job. Stay at home and become a MP and pay no taxes whilst claiming expenses for a second home.

I was being sarcastic.

Besides stop using common sense! It's not welcomed on here! :P

Edited by Matt

Haha.

It's obviously their life and money (Although strictly speaking it isn't, they must have loaned it) they do what they want with it, but what is wrong with my opinion of they have took a place a 3 courses where someone who really wanted to the course but got knocked back and couldn't get on the course? Is that opinion wrong? Really? Isn't the space they took a wasted one? That's all i'm saying, not sure what chip I am supposed to have with an opinion like that but if it makes you feel any better i'll say yes just to appease you. :kissing:

Surely whilst slagging off the person I know this opinion is sticking up for the students who go to Uni for the right reasons? :dunno:

You say that as if spaces on uni course are at a premium. The vast majority of courses have as many spaces as there are people applying. Unless she has been going to really top drawer uni's then I doubt anyone missed out because of her.

Haha.

It's obviously their life and money (Although strictly speaking it isn't, they must have loaned it) they do what they want with it, but what is wrong with my opinion of they have took a place a 3 courses where someone who really wanted to the course but got knocked back and couldn't get on the course? Is that opinion wrong? Really? Isn't the space they took a wasted one? That's all i'm saying, not sure what chip I am supposed to have with an opinion like that but if it makes you feel any better i'll say yes just to appease you. :kissing:

Some people go years before discovering what they want to do and some people have the luxury of being able to try different things, if only to find out what it is they don't want to do. Who's to say that they were 'wasted' places. Who's to say there was ever anyone else even knocked back for a place on those courses. Some people don't ever get into a job that has any relevance to their qualification but the qualification goes some way to proving they've got the right attitude for a particular employer.

Personally I've studied Photography, Digital Production and Graphic Design (holding degrees in two of those). I ended up being a Graphic Designer but the other two courses left me in good stead for my eventual occupation.

You're of course welcome to your opinion but life isn't black and white, you can't always read into someone else's motives or lack there of.

Some people go years before discovering what they want to do and some people have the luxury of being able to try different things, if only to find out what it is they don't want to do. Who's to say that they were 'wasted' places. Who's to say there was ever anyone else even knocked back for a place on those courses. Some people don't ever get into a job that has any relevance to their qualification but the qualification goes some way to proving they've got the right attitude for a particular employer.

Personally I've studied Photography, Digital Production and Graphic Design (holding degrees in two of those). I ended up being a Graphic Designer but the other two courses left me in good stead for my eventual occupation.

You're of course welcome to your opinion but life isn't black and white, you can't always read into someone else's motives or lack there of.

Think that is more the case for her.

Fair enough to your point. I suppose it is hard explaining this on a forum, I know her and don't get me wrong she must be reasonably clever to have got her places a Uni but there is just nothing there, she has no people skills, and she doesn't seem to have common sense, she is very lazy and has never had any intention to ever work and it doesn't seem she ever will.

The thing that got my back up with her was when I was made redundant she was ever so judgemental to me, 'Aren't you getting another job?', 'Aren't your trying?', 'Are you just bumming around now then?'. The irony, It works both ways.

Edited by Matt

Fvck Arsenal.

• Like 2

Being on a rammed train to Brighton and standing opposite an absolute stunner and not having the balls to say anything (especially in front of everybody else) until we are in the que for taxis where my usually atrocious skills with the ladies actually seems to go quite well for once, but it's a short que and we run out of time.

My god she was fit.

Now I'm sat alone in a shitty travellodge watching fvcking antiques roadshow. I war to shoot myself. At least the bar is open until 5am

Edited by blue-army-andy

1 of my assignments we've been randomly allocated to groups of 4 from about 120. Working with people I have never met :facepalm:

Used to hate academic group work especially when it counted towards final classification. Great for the lecturers as they get both less marking to do and a higher pass rate, not so good for the students who get stuck with thick lazy cvnts and are effectively punished as a result.

Haha.

It's obviously their life and money (Although strictly speaking it isn't, they must have loaned it) they do what they want with it, but what is wrong with my opinion of they have took a place a 3 courses where someone who really wanted to the course but got knocked back and couldn't get on the course? Is that opinion wrong? Really? Isn't the space they took a wasted one? That's all i'm saying, not sure what chip I am supposed to have with an opinion like that but if it makes you feel any better no, I don't have a limp, I even the chip out on both shoulders, always lift even loads, think you need to go on a manual handling course. :kissing:

I think the problem is you view university and degrees purely in terms of how you can get a job, you monetarise it and you are right it doesn't make sense.

It all depends on why you are studying what you are studying, someone with a degree in art is not doing so to get a job as an artist, they are doing so to improve in something they are passionate about.

I don't know what it is your friend has studied, but it is the same with languages or English degrees, even science degrees, very few people I know that study chemistry actually became chemists, and actually put much of what they studied into practice. In the end you go to university to prove you can and that you can get a degree, that is as far as the majority of employers look. Then you will have fast track and graduate trainee schemes that then teach people what they actually need to know about the business. Other than that from a job point of view what you study is largely irrelevant, obvious exceptions like medicine, but even things like law or journalism you can do a masters and catch up on where everyone else is after a year.

You say these were a waste of time, or a waste of a space because she is not going to actively use these skills, but if she has learnt from these courses and grown and developed skills, both academic and life skills then it isn't a waste in my opinion, and how she funds them is no concern of yours or mine.

Edited by Captain Shrapnel