Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Facebook and some people who I've got as friends on there.

One lad was on holiday in New Zealend and was constantly updating his status and wishing people happy birthday. Fvck sake you are on holiday.

A girl gave birth on Monday, an hour later she was uploading photos of the baby.

Finally lads and girls who constantly write they love each other to their partners, and and then write back "love you too" Why not text each other or tell each other face to face instead of broadcasting it on social networking sites.

One lad was on holiday in New Zealend and was constantly updating his status and wishing people happy birthday. Fvck sake you are on holiday.

A girl gave birth on Monday, an hour later she was uploading photos of the baby.

Finally lads and girls who constantly write they love each other to their partners, and and then write back "love you too" Why not text each other or tell each other face to face instead of broadcasting it on social networking sites.

Yeah or 'like for a rate out of 10'.

I don't check Facebook anymore it makes me want to jump off a high building.

My Unite fee worth every penny. :)

Absolutely, providing your objective is to look after your own interests at a time when 99% of people in the private sector are seeing no payrises and reduced pensions, while still paying for your payrises and generous pensions. HAVE YOU PEOPLE NO SHAME??? :whistle:

Absolutely, providing your objective is to look after your own interests at a time when 99% of people in the private sector are seeing no payrises and reduced pensions, while still paying for your payrises and generous pensions. HAVE YOU PEOPLE NO SHAME??? :whistle:

Our pensions and wages keep yours competitive.

Besides, I've lost any shred of sympathy I may have had for you inner city boys since a mate of mine started work in marketing for an insurance firm at Bank.

He spends half his working hours having "meetings" in bars and restaurants on the company credit card and spends his mental wage renting a tidy flat in Putney and living it up.

And before you say anything, he did a glorified media degree at an ex poly!

:fishing:

Our pensions and wages keep yours competitive.

Besides, I've lost any shred of sympathy I may have had for you inner city boys since a mate of mine started work in marketing for an insurance firm at Bank.

He spends half his working hours having "meetings" in bars and restaurants on the company credit card and spends his mental wage renting a tidy flat in Putney and living it up.

And before you say anything, he did a glorified media degree at an ex poly!

Haha. I dont work in that sort of environment.

Because leople don't do things for their own enjoyment anymore - they do things so that they can show other people what a great time they are having and with a bit of luck, gain a few likes and comments which re-affirms their own popularity in their own heads.

For example, people don't just buy a coffee anymore. The buy a coffee, take a picture and Facebook/tweet it to show off their social butterfly wings. And if they gain some sort of approval from their mates it somehow makes sitting alone in Starbucks not uncool any more - bit hip and trendy

BunkMooseMooreBreathLand explained this a lot better than myself a few weeks ago - I may have even stolen his example too it I can't quite remember properly.

In anycase - it's one of the reasons I permanently deleted my Facebook and get rid of idiots on twitter too.

Infact - 2 minutes after I got rid of face book I got a call from one of my mates demanding to know why I had deleted her! Apparantly she had an app the alerted her to any people who get rid and she got all uppity about it until I just explained that I had deleted myself! I mean we never spoke to eachother over facebook as we sat on desks next to eachother - how sad can you get!

Guest Col city fan

My girlfriend..

I was 'Facetalking' with her tonight and half way through the conversation she let out the biggest fart!

Dirty cow....

lol

In anycase - it's one of the reasons I permanently deleted my Facebook and get rid of idiots on twitter too.

Never possible to permanently delete it :P In the terms and conditions, even if you leave, Facebook still hold the rights to any information you gave when you signed up and can keep it, even if you have taken your account away from "public" view, everything still exists.

Edited by DB11

Never possible to permanently delete it :P In the terms and conditions, even if you leave, Facebook still hold the rights to any information you gave when you signed up and can keep it, even if you have taken your account away from "public" view, everything still exists.

AY???!!! I'm sure it said it was permanently deleted and irrecoverable. I tested it

By trying to log in since and nothing comes up.

In anycase I wouldn't be surprised if they kept my data - the data harvesting aspect was one of the reasons I got rid.