Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

I didn't get the information pack with a contract to sign saying I'd do it til like a month after. I didn't even know what time to start/finish and nor did they.

The whole Mandatory Work Program is just another way to get companies back into slave labour without calling it that.

After the original programmes were being abused by companies they have tightened the regulations so they can't exploit it.

Secondly it is not slave labour you are still receiving you benefits so you are getting paid, you are just doing something with your day other than masturbate to loose women.

Edited by Captain Shrapnel

After the original programmes were being abused by companies they have tightened the regulations so they can't exploit it.

Secondly it is not slave labour you are still receiving you benefits so you are getting paid, you are just doing something with your day other than masturbate to loose women.

I suppose that's one way of looking at it.

He's from South East London, more chance he's jizzing off to Jezza.

Exploitation is not good, but it is being monitored, basically given the choice between doing no work and receiving the dole, or working for free and receiving the dole (with the improved chance of getting a job an added bonus) it should be a no brainer.

As much as Lamby comes off as naive for seeming to think a career should be given to him, making people out of work look bad, you come off as naive for thinking that things are much better than they are, presumably because you're now comfortable in whichever career you've found your way into and have no personal experience of the issue, making people in work look out of touch.

So what if it's "being monitored"? The FSA monitor the financial sector - fat lot of good that's done. People find ways to avoid being caught out for being dicks. Yes there are work experience roles which give you a step up the ladder in terms of making your CV look better, I'm not saying they don't exist. What I'm saying is there are also many employers out there who take the piss and get away with exploiting the large portion of entry level workers who aren't properly informed and/or are too eager to say no, only to give them experience doing something entirely menial which won't help their CV at all (unless, I suppose, you accrued a fvck ton of said roles to put on your CV to show just how much of a dedicated worker you are, but you must be able to understand that people become desensitised when faced with basically a series of dead-ends). I reiterate: I'm not saying this is the only route available, I'm saying a shameful amount of people who don't know better still get exploited by this behaviour and come out the other end none the better for it.

• Like 1

Would it be in the Governments interest to monitor the work programs closer? If a person goes on a work project, find they are doing too many hours or feel it is unsuitable making them ill etc. and leave they arelikely to be sanctioned andb that in turn they will not be claiming and off the unemployed list. Success for DC which he will announce to his favourite newspaper to let its readers what a great job is doing and the readers will go hooray I believe it.

Seriously how many people would work for £71 a week? Or under 25's £50 pw? I do voluntary work but it is work that I have chosen and I have the choice of hours. I am going in tomorrow and may do a whole day. It is the idea of being forced to do a job that I would be uncomfortable with that I would object to. Luckily I have been left to pursue job searches without interference most likely because of my age and the CV that I showed as an example showed some knowledge as to what is required so do not need help with one. It is worth it for younger people though as employers will be looking for long term employees.

Neteller/Moneybookers staff who either can't speak English or are completely hopeless.

Charity workers in town, pressure isn't acceptable on pensioners just because you are collecting for a cause.

Leaving to get the tram (from its initial stop no less), walking down the road and seeing it already waiting at the stop despite there being another 3 minutes until its departure time - this floats my boat. :clap:

Watching in dismay as said tram then pulls away and off down the road - words do not describe my anger. :mad:

Leaving to get the tram (from its initial stop no less), walking down the road and seeing it already waiting at the stop despite there being another 3 minutes until its departure time - this floats my boat. :clap:

Watching in dismay as said tram then pulls away and off down the road - words do not describe my anger. :mad:

Get the train manager for that, you'll get a free first class upgrade if it's left early. :thumbup:

Get the train manager for that, you'll get a free first class upgrade if it's left early. :thumbup:

Our trams don't have first class... :xmasblink:

I took the car instead and spent a frustrating 10 minutes looking for parking (the reason I wanted to tram it).

I can sympathise with people being put in this 4-week programme. I was meant to. I met some people from a company called InTraining who organise the process and ask/help you with with the available places to do it with. I told them, I was expecting a work-trial with a sports-coaching company and probably won't be able to do this 4-week placement.

The fella interviewing me said "that's fine, if you've got a chance of work, you should take it." The sports-coaching company did offer me a trial, and I worked there for about a week and a half but didn't get it.

Not long after, I got offered an apprenticeship with Impact Creative (a POS company) but with no start date. This still wasn't enough for them and they put me on the list to do this programme again. Because Impact have laid some people off, they can't take me on until next year due to redundancy rules. About 2/3 months after I originally turned down the 4-week placement, the job-centre suspended 13 weeks worth of JSA as I had an insufficient reason for not doing the placement, even though I actually had a chance of being offered a job as opposed to working without pay, for the Leicester Riders store who rely on "volunteers". So even though I actually was in with a chance of work, they suspended my JSA and I washed my hands with them not long after that. Wankers.

Luckily, I got offered a Christmas Temp job working at Next in the Highcross and I'm doing it until mid-January. Hopefully long enough to keep things ticking over, financially until I get taken on by Impact, or even offered a permanent position.

It's easy for the employed and happy to look down on people who don't want to do these programmes because they look good on paper. In most cases, they're not good at all. They're a way to gain staff without paying them for a lot of companies and a way for advisers to tick boxes and make it look the people they "help" are actively seeking work, when it could have led to doing the opposite. I hated being on JSA with a passion and hope things pick up for people who make a good effort.

Edited by RonnieTodger
  • Like 3

I can sympathise with people being put in this 4-week programme. I was meant to. I met some people from a company called InTraining who organise the process and ask/help you with with the available places to do it with. I told them, I was expecting a work-trial with a sports-coaching company and probably won't be able to do this 4-week placement.

The fella interviewing me said "that's fine, if you've got a chance of work, you should take it." The sports-coaching company did offer me a trial, and I worked there for about a week and a half but didn't get it.

Not long after, I got offered an apprenticeship with Impact Creative (a POS company) but with no start date. This still wasn't enough for them and they put me on the list to do this programme again. Because Impact have laid some people off, they can't take me on until next year due to redundancy rules. About 2/3 months after I originally turned down the 4-week placement, the job-centre suspended 13 weeks worth of JSA as I had an insufficient reason for not doing the placement, even though I actually had a chance of being offered a job as opposed to working without pay, for the Leicester Riders store who rely on "volunteers". So even though I actually was in with a chance of work, they suspended my JSA and I washed my hands with them not long after that. Wankers.

Luckily, I got offered a Christmas Temp job working at Next in the Highcross and I'm doing it until mid-January. Hopefully long enough to keep things ticking over, financially until I get taken on by Impact, or even offered a permanent position.

It's easy for the employed and happy to look down on people who don't want to do these programmes because they look good on paper. In most cases, they're not good at all. They're a way to gain staff without paying them for a lot of companies and a way for advisers to tick boxes and make it look the people they "help" are actively seeking work, when it could have led to doing the opposite. I hated being on JSA with a passion and hope things pick up for people who make a good effort.

I understand what your saying, and there many problems with the jobsworths at the job centre, but what pissed me off was lamby saying he quit after a day because he didn't like it.

This scheme isn't perfect, but any opportunity to be working even if you aren't getting any more money than you would on benefits should be taken.

I'm with In-Training. All my adviser does is call me up every 3/4 weeks to see if anything has changed. Once I wanted to do a healt and safety course but because at the time I had my name down with an agency and had done a couple of days work he said I couldn't do it as it would mean I was unavailable for work. The course would have given me a qualification needed for more types of job.

Not longo I was offered a course for social care. I called the adviser and he says do it because I no longer had work. The course must have been cancelled because they failed to get back in touch. My adviser has not called me since. I now have a Food Health certificate whch mayu help with my job searches. I would try bar work but never done it before and don't see many older people taken on. The smaller pubs have just the landlord doing most of the work and centre pubs are for younger people with sexy barmaids which I am not.

The rising intonation at the end of a sentence as if it's a question???

Unless you are Australian or a 14 year old girl, just get a grip and stop it, it instantly makes me ignore what you say in favour of concentating on how you are saying it.

• Like 2

The rising intonation at the end of a sentence as if it's a question???

Unless you are Australian or a 14 year old girl, just get a grip and stop it, it instantly makes me ignore what you say in favour of concentating on how you are saying it.

Yes. Wankers / wankerettes.