Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

I understand what your saying, and there many problems with the jobsworths at the job centre, but what pissed me off was lamby saying he quit after a day because he didn't like it.

This scheme isn't perfect, but any opportunity to be working even if you aren't getting any more money than you would on benefits should be taken.

I quit because the agency in charge of organising it said you get a placement choice of admin, shop and something. I never got to choose, also the fact I never agreed to do the placement at BHF and they only told me I was due to start it 24 hours beforehand. Also, the other people working there were ****ing scary, one would smash cups if they were left out and not washed up and someone else would steal coats when no one was looking. Not the environment you would want to work in.

What? I work there. Not one cup has been smashed and they all seem a friendly and helpful group. Who was the manager when you worked there? There are several choices. Warehouse. is too physical for me but I have been with the electrician a couple of times. I prefer doing the paperwork and sort of being groomed to answer phone calls. We I was selling raffle tickets but was not keen on that as I don't like going up to strangers to sell them. But if you didn't like the roll given you you could have asked to do something else. It was only a day wasn't it so they may have moved you anyway.

What? I work there. Not one cup has been smashed and they all seem a friendly and helpful group. Who was the manager when you worked there? There are several choices. Warehouse. is too physical for me but I have been with the electrician a couple of times. I prefer doing the paperwork and sort of being groomed to answer phone calls. We I was selling raffle tickets but was not keen on that as I don't like going up to strangers to sell them. But if you didn't like the roll given you you could have asked to do something else. It was only a day wasn't it so they may have moved you anyway.

You've not noticed my location have you?

Well the day after that the one smashing cups and nicking cups would have gone if they had seen it happen. I'm sure they would not have the job long if the manager was any good unless they were the ones responsible.

Anyway better go bed if I want to be there by 10am. I'm sur I wouldn't have lasted either but I have a choice and not being forced to do it.

I understand what your saying, and there many problems with the jobsworths at the job centre, but what pissed me off was lamby saying he quit after a day because he didn't like it.

This scheme isn't perfect, but any opportunity to be working even if you aren't getting any more money than you would on benefits should be taken.

Yeah I get you. I think they should make sure the place you work at is related to your 3 career-path choices and to be fair, my 3rd was retail, which is what the Leicester Riders store did. I just found the whole experience of being on JSA allowance awful and hope I don't have to do it again but I probably will. The thing that most angered me was being financially punished for making an attempt to get a job of my own volition and knocking back their (what would have been) useless idea.

P.S. I just read back my other post and some of the punctuation is terrible.

Bio-degradable bags, cardboard bags. Not ****ing good for a country where it rains a good 350 (and that's being generous) days a year.

Just been Birmingham Xmas shopping, just got on the train, due to these type of bags I've lost a £25 t-shirt and if I hadn't noticed another present worth £50. Well done Sherlock, whoever designed these 'pretty' bags in a rainy, cold country.

You could argue why wasn't I making sure I still had it, well 1) I expect my goods to be safe from falling out of these holding devices and 2) In a rammed area with ignorant people bumping into you every 5 seconds I'm not going to stare at my bags as I said in point 1 I expect my good to be safe without falling out.

**** global warming with there bio-degradable bags, **** do-gooders, **** rain.

I'm abit pissed. Rant over.

Oh - tell a lie its not rant over, Vodafone - they're ****ing shit, steer well clear. Rant over.

Edited by Matt

Bio-degradable bags, cardboard bags. Not ****ing good for a country where it rains a good 350 (and that's being generous) days a year.

Just been Birmingham Xmas shopping, just got on the train, due to these type of bags I've lost a £25 t-shirt and if I hadn't noticed another present worth £50. Well done Sherlock, whoever designed these 'pretty' bags in a rainy, cold country.

You could argue why wasn't I making sure I still had it, well 1) I expect my goods to be safe from falling out of these holding devices and 2) In a rammed area with ignorant people bumping into you every 5 seconds I'm not going to stare at my bags as I said in point 1 I expect my good to be safe without falling out.

Oh - tell a lie its not rant over, Vodafone - they're ****ing shit, steer well clear. Rant over.

Had a similar problem the other week in London but fortunately I didn't lose anything. I bought a coat, hoodie and a few t-shirts from hollister so had a couple of bags an hour later the bags were wet trough and ruined.

Oh I also feel your pain with Vodafone I was with them until October last year when I decided enough was enough of there awful signal and even worse customer service. Moved to 3 and got to say its the best network I've ever been on.

Had a similar problem the other week in London but fortunately I didn't lose anything. I bought a coat, hoodie and a few t-shirts from hollister so had a couple of bags an hour later the bags were wet trough and ruined.

Oh I also feel your pain with Vodafone I was with them until October last year when I decided enough was enough of there awful signal and even worse customer service. Moved to 3 and got to say its the best network I've ever been on.

Annoying isn't it? Especially when I've lost £25 worth of stuff, I've still got the bag(s) so going to take some photos and send a email have abit of a rant at them, doubt it'll get me anywhere but you never know, I may get some comeback or voucher or something, it'll make me feel better anyway! lol. (I know it's as little their fault as mine, it's and 'act of god' and all that fairy tail bullshit)

As for Vodafone, I'm out of contract now so free to move to another network, I'm just trying to work out the best network from people on here I can gather 3 are the best network about as you have backed up, but almost every person I know say 3 are an awful network so I'm abit confused! lol.

Who the hell buys t-shirts in a rainy, cold country?

:xmasbiggrin:

Who the hell buys t-shirts in a rainy, cold country?

:xmasbiggrin:

I don't know I was sweating my bollocks off in the shops with just a hoodie on.

Freezing outside in our rainy, cold country, like the Sahara desert in the shops though. One extreme to the other.

Also the t-shirts were to send abroad to family who live in a sunny, hot country ;)

Edited by Matt

Have things got that bad in the economy people are having to buy and carry their own bags?

It's been like that for a while, a motor places now charge for bags and encourage you to reuse stronger bags rather than flimsy plastic bags which are not only a hazard to dispose of they also require unnecessary expenditure of energy and resources to produce.

It is for ecological reasons not economic reasons we should reuse our own bags.

Incredible stuff.

I used to work on the bins and it was quite depressing going to the tip and seeing plastic bags from 30 years ago looking like coal seams along the side of the pit. I always try and reuse bags, or not use one at all if I can, but then again I voted Green at the recent London elections so it's not really a surprise :D

Spending 2 hours hitting on some girl (with her all over you) at the work xmas do only for her to then say she has a boyfriend.

I do not want to piss up another guy's tree, why the **** didnt she just say that in the first place?

****ing girls.

You're doing it wrong.

• Like 3

The John Lewis car park - the best car park in town.

However, when a bloke on the entrance barrier goes out of his way to tell everybody to go up to a specific level because that's where the spaces are, why do buffoons insist on driving incredibly slowly across every level to scan it for spaces, slowing everybody else down from getting to the level where there actually are spaces. Wankers!

Spending 2 hours hitting on some girl (with her all over you) at the work xmas do only for her to then say she has a boyfriend.

I do not want to piss up another guy's tree, why the **** didnt she just say that in the first place?

****ing girls.

She obviously wasn't that fit if she was willing and you backed out on "principal." :whistle: