Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Parents who let their kids scan their shopping at the self-service checkouts!!!

It's NOT a game.. it's NOT a learning experience, it IS however... FVCKING ANNOYING!!!

Looking at some of the parents that I've seen doing that, my guess is they are training them for their future career.

while i'm here...

The new Peter Kay Live DVD "Back on Nights". Bought as a Christmas present for me. I put it on only to find it's not a DVD of his latest tour but a "behind the scenes" look at the preparation for the shows. They did "thouhgtfully" include about 45 mins of snippets from the shows but they went in a blink of an eye. Just as i was thinking "here we go, this'll be the show now" they cut back to how the fvcking lighting man was working and the sound guy and whoever else they could find.

Waste of money and I won't be watching it again. It's not made clear anywhere on the case that the DVD is not the actual show. It does tell you in small writing on the back that the DVD contains excerpts from the tour.

Shameless marketing. Kay has gone down in my estimation.

Looking at some of the parents that I've seen doing that, my guess is they are training them for their future career.

They dont have self-service checkouts in MacDonalds, do they?

Edited by Parafox

This doesn't grind my gears so much, but I always ridicule it when possible.

When people press 'enter' at the end of ever sentence.

It makes them look like a poem, that isn't very good.

Without rhyme or meter or any kind of direction.

Or fragmenting sentences makes it worse.

Because people can't use commas or semi-colons.

Or are unsure of where they belong.

Not that I'm saying that all sentences should be magniloquently, over-flowing reems of letters, that would be much better suited as a paragraph.

Just basic grammar skills; the appropriate use of punctuation, connectives and conjunctions.

But can we at least start by not pressing 'enter' on every frikking line?

Not that I'm saying that all sentences should be magniloquently, over-flowing reems of letters, that would be much better suited as a paragraph.

Just basic grammar skills; the appropriate use of punctuation, connectives and conjunctions.

Doesn't rhyme.

No re

a

l

imag e ry

B-

The BBC Three programme The Revolution Will Be Televised.

I don't know where to start with this shit. If you're going to preach populist, pseudo-political messages packaged in a quasi-anarchic, jocular format, at least be funny about it.

It reminds me, in a round-about way, of when talentless, Taylor Swift-abusing rap twat Kanye West spouted out some banale, derogatory tosh about George W. Bush. The globe's population of beefwits immediately lauded him as a political genius and the astute voice of a disaffected generation. Despite the fact he was a buffoon of the highest order rewording an overwhelmingly populist platitude, armies of easily impressed and ill-informed morons wanted to ingest his semen.

Oh c'mon it's funny, and informative, I am guessing you are mainly referring to the Dale Maily sketches (which are funny just for his name) and the Tory Lib Dem sketch, but the other stuff about exposing diplomats for not paying congestion charges, and setting up the "off shore" look in Top Shop and the "off shore" scent in Boots, exposing their tax evasion schemes.

It was a bit hit and miss, but it was worth it for this sketch:

Cars and the drain they are on your wallet!!!

I know, scrapped my car in December, 13 year old Volvo, Tax and MOT were due, exhaust was fvcked, electronics needed some work, all in all not worth it, shame really, it was a decent old thing, but the maintenance costs alone are ridiculous.

• Like 2

*cough* Col City Fan *Cough*

People who knock on the door of an engaged public toilet. You can see it is engaged, what kind of conversation are you looking for? I'm in here having a shit, what do you want to know, the consistency of my stools? What kind of smell I am creating? The door is locked ****wit, leave it at that

People who knock on the door of an engaged public toilet. You can see it is engaged, what kind of conversation are you looking for? I'm in here having a shit, what do you want to know, the consistency of my stools? What kind of smell I am creating? The door is locked ****wit, leave it at that

Maybe there’s a secret coded knock for err…..assignations.

Perhaps someone on here can tell us . :)

Possibly your furniture's way of telling you to cut down on the pork pies, mate

Har har - I've lost a fair bit of weight over the last year actually.

Another gear grinder - ISP at uni have done an update over the christmas holidays, and in doing so have rendered the socket in my room purely decorative, meaning I have no access to past papers or online revision resources for my exams this week (can't download PDF's on my phone)