Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Another gear grinder - ISP at uni have done an update over the christmas holidays, and in doing so have rendered the socket in my room purely decorative, meaning I have no access to past papers or online revision resources for my exams this week (can't download PDF's on my phone)

No they haven't as it turns out - had a chap up in my room trying to fix it for 3 hours, went to the router to check it at that end - some special brand of idiot (almost certainly one of the cleaners) had unplugged my room from the router. >_<

I'm going to watch it - just to see how wound up I get. Matt 'smug' Baker & Sarah Millican? This is going to be bad

It's bad. I'm swearing at the TV.

And was infinitely funnier.

but extinct

Actually i think he's vastly over rated as a comedian , i listened to some goon clips and watched a few Q sketches and thought they were childishly embarrassing

i'm not counting his ability as an author because i've not read any .

but extinct

Actually i think he's vastly over rated as a comedian , i listened to some goon clips and watched a few Q sketches and thought they were childishly embarrassing

i'm not counting his ability as an author because i've not read any .

I disagree - the goons were brilliant. Particularly Moriarty and Grip-pipe Thynne.

I've read a couple of his books, they're decent.

I disagree - the goons were brilliant. Particularly Moriarty and Grip-pipe Thynne.

I've read a couple of his books, they're decent.

Yes but I suppose trying to define comedy or its worth is a fruitless exercise really . A lot depends on where you are or who you are with etc .

I went to a kid’s panto the other day and it had me in stitches , but I’m sure a lot of that was down to the reactions and behaviour of the kids themselves rather than the content .

I'll probably give some of his stuff another try one day and see if I can latch on to his humour . :thumbup:

Yes but I suppose trying to define comedy or its worth is a fruitless exercise really . A lot depends on where you are or who you are with etc .

I went to a kid’s panto the other day and it had me in stitches , but I’m sure a lot of that was down to the reactions and behaviour of the kids themselves rather than the content .

I'll probably give some of his stuff another try one day and see if I can latch on to his humour . :thumbup:

Maybe so, but there are some things that are never funny - like Andy Parsons, and some things that are always funny - like El Empty.