Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

52! lol

Pub quizzes can be annoying. I was once in a team of six one night and the answer to a question was 'Lux', can't remember the question though. I told my table the answer but this history teacher piped in and they all believed him and disregarded my words. Needless to say when I was proved right I did a big sniff and had a big noisy slurp of my pint, followed by a 'aaaaaaaaarrrhhh'.

We were away over Xmas and the blokes went over to the local pub,where there was a pub quiz.We were late so did not enter but were joining in and helping/ hindering.

One of the questions the answer was Pussy Riot.Some pissed up women came upto me nd asked me what the answer was so i told her " Feline Fracas" for my own amusement.Went for a fag outside with my mate ( given up 2 weeks,piece of piss) She staggers out and said " thanks for that answer,I'm the landlady and if its right your lot can have a couple of pints each"

My mate called me a cvnt and went back inside.

lol

I really really hope not, did anyone actually get an explanation how they got to 52? I'd love to hear it.

If you look on the internet you will see it is a very common mistake, generally confusing Puerto Rico and the virgin islands (or it could be Marshall islands I'm on my phone so can't be arsed to check) with states. But it is a scarily common mistake.

Snow. Anyone over the age of 13 who likes snow deserves a slap.

Agreed. How can it be fun when you have to walk at a much slower pace and still nearly fall over onto patches of ice?

Plus the roads are treacherous and it ruins plans like football or going out socially.

Hope it buggers off soon.

Agreed. How can it be fun when you have to walk at a much slower pace and still nearly fall over onto patches of ice?

Plus the roads are treacherous and it ruins plans like football or going out socially.

Hope it buggers off soon.

i was laughing with my mate yesterday,when a group of young lads were walking down a slope trying to act cool,yet the way they were walking it did appear to look like they had all shit themselves.

Something properly pissed me off today.

Got on the bus home from work. Pretty full but some spare seats dotted around. Woman with pushchair sitting at the front with said pushchair in the correct place. 2 young kids (4/5 years old max) sitting on the sideways-facing seats behind the driver section. Elderly couple, along with a few other middle-aged+ people get on. Middle-aged+ people are able to walk to the back and find a seat (couple of steps involved). You'd think the mother with pushchair would tell her kids to sit next to her (seat available, could easily fit both on). But no, the elderly couple are left standing (man has a walking stick, too). The kids messing around on their seats, sliding off it - it's at this point where the mother doesn't tell them to sit still next to her, but instead waves her arm saying sit back/sit properly, where there was another a perfect opportunity to tell her kids to let the 2 elderly passengers sit down.

I'm angry about it!

The cost of playing the Lottery is set to double to £2 it has been revealed today.

But the move will mean more winners will share in the prize pot, operator Camelot has announced.

The price of a Lotto line will increase from £1 to £2 in the autumn, but the prize for matching three numbers will rise from £10 to £25. However, the prize pot for matching five numbers will drop by £500 to £1,000, while the reward for matching five numbers and the bonus number will halve to £50,000.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2263367/Lottery-tickets-cost-2--prize-matching-numbers-rise-25-payout-drop.html#ixzz2IAEQatIV

Fvcking rip off.

Where does it say that ?

In the article that was linked by Webbo

"The average Saturday jackpot will increase from around £4.1million to £5 million and the Wednesday jackpot will increase from an estimated £2.2million to around £2.5million, while a new Lotto raffle will guarantee at least 50 winners £20,000 in each draw, Camelot added."

Top prize is bigger but (but not twice as big) likewise the overall prize pot is not doubled, despite the ticket price being doubled.

Because I'm a stats geek I had a look at the expected return on playing the lottery:

I thought I'd see whether this was the case or not. Looking at the Saturday draw only (because I'm lazy) the expected gain (using the average values given in the article) from a £1 go (in the old system) is 59.8p. The expected gain from a £2 go (in the new system) is 93.5p. So, the expected gain increases by a factor of 1.56 while the price increases by a factor of 2. The price is increasing by more than the expected returns, despite the increase in the jackpot and the 3 and 4 ball prizes. So, in other words, you are correct - they are greedy bastards.

I forgot to include the £20k raffle that 50 people win because I'm an eejit. In short though, it's not quite as bad as it first seems because, although the jackpot isn't doubling with the double in price, they are increasing the lower end prices that you are much more likely to win. The price increase is still by a greater factor than the expected return though.

FORM AN ORDERLY LADIES.