Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

5 year deadline? o.O

Saying that, I did have to take my driving theory test twice.

When applying to be on some kind of college course if your GCSE results are five years old or more you'll be required to fo sn NVQ level 2 in maths and English. Used to be called key skills, its now called functional skills

Watching the kids choir at the start of the Superbowl last night singing "Land of the Free".

"ho-o-me of the brave and the l-a-and of the free.. " Bam... Bam... BAMABAMABAM...

There ya go.. Shoot the kids... that's brave and free..

What grinds my gears is the utter introspective ignorance of America.

Watching the kids choir at the start of the Superbowl last night singing "Land of the Free".

"ho-o-me of the brave and the l-a-and of the free.. " Bam... Bam... BAMABAMABAM...

There ya go.. Shoot the kids... that's brave and free..

What grinds my gears is the utter introspective ignorance of America.

It was their equivalent of the cup final, did you think they'd start the show with an hour of misery and wailing?

It was their equivalent of the cup final, did you think they'd start the show with an hour of misery and wailing?

No, I fully expected the national anthem... But the kids ... nah... poor taste IMO

It would be like bringing the kids from Dunblane out to sing at the Scottish cup final a month after their little pals got massacred.

Edited by Parafox

Humblebrag?

lol I wish. I started a Linked-In profile. For two years it had nothing but job titles (not that many and nothing more exciting than "Insight Analyst") and they still badgered me. I stuck my Linked In profile picture as a me looking smug holding a cup of tea and they still seemed to think I was a good match to work in financial services (despite having no experience there). They're useful when you're looking for a job but PESTS the rest of the time.

If there's any recruitment agents reading this I'm sorr... no wait, I'm not. You're a pest. Stop ringing me.

lol I wish. I started a Linked-In profile. For two years it had nothing but job titles (not that many and nothing more exciting than "Insight Analyst") and they still badgered me. I stuck my Linked In profile picture as a me looking smug holding a cup of tea and they still seemed to think I was a good match to work in financial services (despite having no experience there). They're useful when you're looking for a job but PESTS the rest of the time.

If there's any recruitment agents reading this I'm sorr... no wait, I'm not. You're a pest. Stop ringing me.

Take your phone number off.

Guest BlueBrett

I was literally, literally just reading the recruitment phone calls stuff when my phone went and lo and behold! She didn't withhold though.. (is there another word in English with hh like that? pretty weird).. she must be new to the game,

Take your phone number off.

I mainly get calls to my work phone from that because they ring the main switch board of my company and ask to be put through to me. A "friend" (I use the term loosely after what he's done, as you will see) recommended me to one when he changed jobs. I kept getting called by him and I swear they all work together just to annoy me.

I knew there was a good reason not to have a LinkedIn profile, it would probably be really useful in my line of work, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

I knew there was a good reason not to have a LinkedIn profile, it would probably be really useful in my line of work, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

Other than somehow proving your cv to be true, it doesn't do a lot. I do seem to be getting a flurry of approaches about jobs at the moment though.

Same here, something about it I don't like.

housemates keep blocking the ****ing sink. Food doesn't go down the sink you ****tards.

Just spent the last half hour unblocking the toilet, forgive me for not caring about your blocked sink as I've been ferreting around with a twisted coat hanger, just up to the rim of the marigolds, and very briefly just over that limit, in warm shitty, bleachy water.

• Like 1

Burnt the roof of my mouth - it's now got loose bits of skin (do you have skin there?) :unsure: hanging down. Bloody hurts. :cry:

Something with hot cheese on it?

That happens to me when I eat pizza too soon after cooking it. And something else with cheese but can't remember what. Might be lasagne.

Something with hot cheese on it?

That happens to me when I eat pizza too soon after cooking it. And something else with cheese but can't remember what. Might be lasagne.

Yep. :(