Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Condescending lecturers - Ok, chemistry students aren't going to be the best people to grasp a lecture on human anatomy, but talking to us like we were primary school students? We've all done biology up to GCSE level at least, and most of us had done it at a-level as well.

Condescending lecturers - Ok, chemistry students aren't going to be the best people to grasp a lecture on human anatomy, but talking to us like we were primary school students? We've all done biology up to GCSE level at least, and most of us had done it at a-level as well.

Do you go to university?

Yes. And it's not even one of those ones that used to be a car-park until recently, it's a proper one (got university status in the 50's)

The other one's aren't even universities. If you look closer, the 'i' is a 1 with a smudge above.

ie - Un1versity of Roehampton.

The labels are often stitched on wonky too. Avoid.

Not having my phone for three weeks while it is off for repair. I was expecting to behind on social media and news while being out and about what I didn't expected is how much I would miss is not being organised- I store all of events,reminders etc in my phone calender as well various miscs uses of my phone. In a middle of a debate about favourite actors, I was about to get my phone out and open my imdb app to check Gordon-Levitt's filmography only to be reminded that my phone is off for repair. :mad:

Edited by ChickenBoy

whats the point in learning about it if you're never able to get it?

Men's razors.

Dear razor manufacturer,

I would like to address the ridiculously over engineered atrocities that you purport to sell as men's razor's these days at obscene prices.

There are two elements that make a men's razors worth while purchasing:

1. It continues to be sharp longer than at least two uses.

2. You don't have to take out a small loan to purchase 5 replacements.

Your insistance on putting 'gels', stuffing 14 blades into a device that seemingly goes dull when exposed to water, and television adverts of some smug tw@t shaving his face the wrong way whilst doing it like his buttering a slice of toast, is not only misrepresentative of reality, but exceptionally bad shaving practice.

I'm sure you smart basturds are using highly sophisticated lasers to sharpen these bits of metal, but use an alloy that becomes useless after one use.

Please can you stop wasting my time with overly designed pieces of plastic wank, and produce a device that is actually worth the money spent on it. Fanks.

Ditch gilette and go for supermarket own brand. Tesco triple blade razors are about £2 and cartridges are about 30p each. No noticable difference in shave quality between that and a mach 3, but it's literally only about 20% of the cost.

I have bought supermarket branded before, and it was like shaving with a spoon. I either have bollock-hard follicles or they are deliberately made to be shite.

Men's razors.

Dear razor manufacturer,

I would like to address the ridiculously over engineered atrocities that you purport to sell as men's razor's these days at obscene prices.

There are two elements that make a men's razors worth while purchasing:

1. It continues to be sharp longer than at least two uses.

2. You don't have to take out a small loan to purchase 5 replacements.

Your insistance on putting 'gels', stuffing 14 blades into a device that seemingly goes dull when exposed to water, and television adverts of some smug tw@t shaving his face the wrong way whilst doing it like his buttering a slice of toast, is not only misrepresentative of reality, but exceptionally bad shaving practice.

I'm sure you smart basturds are using highly sophisticated lasers to sharpen these bits of metal, but use an alloy that becomes useless after one use.

Please can you stop wasting my time with overly designed pieces of plastic wank, and produce a device that is actually worth the money spent on it. Fanks.

Ditch gilette and go for supermarket own brand. Tesco triple blade razors are about £2 and cartridges are about 30p each. No noticable difference in shave quality between that and a mach 3, but it's literally only about 20% of the cost.

I have bought supermarket branded before, and it was like shaving with a spoon. I either have bollock-hard follicles or they are deliberately made to be shite.

pfft you young uns don't know you're flippin born .We used to have to shave in cold water with a bit of broken glass !

Be men. Grow beards.

I know I would if I could :pearson:

Electronic razors is the way forward! Pricey at first but ask for it on christmas/birthdays and hey presto you got yourself a shaver that will last for ages and can be used many time as you want.

Edited by ChickenBoy

Electronic razors is the way forward! Pricey at first but ask for it on christmas/birthdays and hey presto you got yourself a shaver that will last for ages and can be used many time as you want.

I have an electric shaver (was an xmas pressie years ago). It requires packets of moisturiser, though can work without. However, having moved house, I no longer have somewhere to plug the fooker in to charge it. Also when I did use it, it gave me a rash, and loads of ingrown hairs. Was a propa decent one too apparently.