Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

The fact that ALL girls, all of a sudden, list cupcakes as one of their main interests.

Cupcakes will not plug gaping chasm where your soul used to be, say experts

The Institute for Studies has spent the last two years studying the lingering trend for cupcakes as an adult food, at a self-consciously quirky tea shop called something like ‘Little Missy Yum Yum’ or ‘Alice’s Adventures in Cakeland’ where every purchase somehow always comes to at least a tenner.

Professor Henry Brubaker said: “One of our key findings is that cupcakes are actually for children.

“We also found that the adult cupcake eaters were predominantly females with too much disposable income who are either trapped in damaging relationships, have recently had their heart shattered into a million tiny pieces or who simply hate themselves because of who they really are.

“Whatever the problem, the cupcake, be it ‘Scrummy Strawbie’, ‘Banana Baby Bear’ or ‘Nanna Noo-Noo’s Nougat Nicie’, is not the answer, it’s actually the question.â€

Trend analyst Nikki Hollis said: “For many grown-ups cupcakes offer a portal to the halcyon days of childhood, when the world was full of wonder, colour and excitement. It’s pathetic.

“You should eat your cupcake while riding a skateboard and wearing jeans with little loops to hang pretend tools off of.

“Then you can go back home and cry yourself to sleep or read yet another leaflet about erectile dysfunction.

“Oh, and before I forget, men who like cupcakes are obviously paedophiles and you should tell the police to confiscate their laptops.â€

The fact that ALL girls, all of a sudden, list cupcakes as one of their main interests.

It was on a tv programme that they're 'cool', so naturally 70% of British and American women will be all over the craze!

Edited by El Empty

What grinds my gears?

The catholic church apologists in my family. Time to accept that paedophilia isn't a religion people.

I don't understand them either. If you're a Catholic fine, but why you would stick up for that power organisation is beyond me. There were never supposed to be 'bosses' in any religion, but power mad psychos have taken over and twisted everything and yet they still have huge support, which is astonishing.

I don't understand them either. If you're a Catholic fine, but why you would stick up for that power organisation is beyond me. There were never supposed to be 'bosses' in any religion, but power mad psychos have taken over and twisted everything and yet they still have huge support, which is astonishing.

Still on that line hey? The power hungry created religion, they didn't come along after.

Still on that line hey? The power hungry created religion, they didn't come along after.

I think you could discuss that one until the cows come home . I think like Empty that religions were formed with genuine conviction and the power crazed seized the opportunity . Probably around the time of the Council of Nicaea .

Ultimately it makes little difference really as long as its recognized that it happened. And that it could happen in the scientific world too .

Well it is a bit of both, religion has existed in many forms since man first tried to understand things, modern religions as we understand them today weren't necessarily created by the power hungry, but were certainly defined and globalised by the power hungry elite.

The original proponents of religion, Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed, whoever were not doing it for power, they were trying to educate people and bring them forward, using religion. All the different factions, such as C of E, created by old Henry VIII is the clearest example of powerful people using religion for their own means, sprung up to serve those in power.

Edited by Captain Pancake Face

Well it is a bit of both, religion has existed in many forms since man first tried to understand things, modern religions as we understand them today weren't necessarily created by the power hungry, but were certainly defined and globalised by the power hungry elite.

The original proponents of religion, Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed, whoever were not doing it for power, they were trying to educate people and bring them forward, using religion. All the different factions, such as C of E, created by old Henry VIII is the clearest example of powerful people using religion for their own means, sprung up to serve those in power.

Jesus almost certainly didn't exist and Mo was a merchant looking for power and an excuse to diddle kids.

Jesus almost certainly didn't exist and Mo was a merchant looking for power and an excuse to diddle kids.

I've read a number of articles claiming that there is evidence that a Jesus existed around that time, and was quite probably a prophet or teacher of sorts, someone started Christianity, it doesn't really matter if it was Jesus or someone else, there is more evidence that Jesus existed than that Mohamed diddled kids.

Maybe their reasons weren't purely altruistic, but they were not looking for global domination, more likely as a rebellion against the established religions and regimes, they were not powerful men in the beginning.