Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

I've read a number of articles claiming that there is evidence that a Jesus existed around that time, and was quite probably a prophet or teacher of sorts, someone started Christianity, it doesn't really matter if it was Jesus or someone else, there is more evidence that Jesus existed than that Mohamed diddled kids.

Maybe their reasons weren't purely altruistic, but they were not looking for global domination, more likely as a rebellion against the established religions and regimes, they were not powerful men in the beginning.

Not really, there's no records of him held by the Romans, the earliest reports of him in history come from tacticus, who was born several decades after jesus would have died. There's not one scrap of evidence for the existence of jesus of Nazareth.

Jesus almost certainly didn't exist and Mo was a merchant looking for power and an excuse to diddle kids.

Not sure if you're saying that as an effort at a joke, or if you're serious. If serious though, you're arguements against religion are too pathetic, as always. None of your arguements on the subject are based in any reality whatsoever.

I blame the standard of your teachers and too much science fiction.

Not sure if you're saying that as an effort at a joke, or if you're serious. If serious though, you're arguements against religion are too pathetic, as always. None of your arguements on the subject are based in any reality whatsoever.

I blame the standard of your teachers and too much science fiction.

Nope, Mo definitely wasn't a kiddy-fiddler:

Narrated 'Aisha: that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death). (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64)

Oh, never mind.

anyway - people who are too ****ing stupid to acknowledge basic facts like evolution piss me off. Jump off a cliff, save mankind from your stupidity. Or at the very least don't breed - intelligent thought needs progressing, not consigned to the past.

Nope, Mo definitely wasn't a kiddy-fiddler:

Oh, never mind.

Not sure exactly how dim you are, but I've specifically told you about that exact hadith before. Told you Aisha was 19 or 20 (depending on which month she was born), and also told you that the hadith is a fake that likely came out of Iraq at the time along with many other fakes that were rejected by proper scholars even back then. Like I've already said, you're arguements against religion are useless and not based in any reality.

If you repeat that pedo claim again then you are blatantly on the wind up, or are blatantly stupid, easily led and believe falsehoods.

Being billed by a random banking company for a service that I am certain that I never used :blink:

The name is Metavante- anyone heard of them before? I tried to find their phone number but whenever I ring them- they asked me to leave a message but no, I want to speak to an adviser now!

Hate the term "fed and watered". So patronising.

Who is it patronising too?

If I say I need to go home, get fed and watered, then I'll be ready to go out, who am I patronising? Myself? The person I'm talking to? The person who will feed and water me?

• Like 1

Who is it patronising too?

If I say I need to go home, get fed and watered, then I'll be ready to go out, who am I patronising? Myself? The person I'm talking to? The person who will feed and water me?

Well I saw on facebook the Code student lettings saying they need people for surveying.

Also said they will be fed and watered. Yeah thanks, sign me up....

Edited by lavrentis

People who put traffic cones outside their house to reserve "their" parking space. NEWS FLASH! You don't own the road outside your house, the local authority does and everyone who pays road tax has as much right to park there as you do!

Oh, and PS - those cones? You don't own them either, you nicked them, you thieving git!

People who put traffic cones outside their house to reserve "their" parking space. NEWS FLASH! You don't own the road outside your house, the local authority does and everyone who pays road tax has as much right to park there as you do!

Oh, and PS - those cones? You don't own them either, you nicked them, you thieving git!

Road tax hasn't existed since 1937.

Jesus christ THIS! There's a road near the station here I sometimes park on to use the station to go into London, and every time I come back to a note telling me off for parking on the road. ****ing curtain twitchers. You do not have any more of a right to park in the street than me just because you live there!

Edited by z-layrex

Jesus christ THIS! There's a road near the station here I sometimes park on to use the station to go into London, and every time I come back to a note telling me off for parking on the road. ****ing curtain twitchers. You do not have any more of a right to park in the street than me just because you live there!

You wait till they make it resident permit holders only. Then you'll be ****ed. Been fined a couple of times after not realising those little bitches were in force.

Kind of understand the residents though. Must be irritating coming home from work ever day and having to drive around looking for a parking spot.

You wait till they make it resident permit holders only. Then you'll be ****ed. Been fined a couple of times after not realising those little bitches were in force.

Kind of understand the residents though. Must be irritating coming home from work ever day and having to drive around looking for a parking spot.

I understand it too, but it's like people who live near football grounds and moan about match day disruption. If it's such a problem then MOVE! Nobody is forcing you to live there.