Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

The new Walkers crisps ad trying to convince us that they use ACTUAL cheese and ACTUAL tomatoes and ACTUAL bacon etc for the new flavour crisps. I have a packet here, it's chemicals (of course).

Also the ridiculous Olay and other cosmetic ads claiming to do things they cant possibly do. i think they get around the "lie" by stating a statistic that x % of women surveyed agree, or something like that.

• Like 1

The new Walkers crisps ad trying to convince us that they use ACTUAL cheese and ACTUAL tomatoes and ACTUAL bacon etc for the new flavour crisps. I have a packet here, it's chemicals (of course).

Also the ridiculous Olay and other cosmetic ads claiming to do things they cant possibly do. i think they get around the "lie" by stating a statistic that x % of women surveyed agree, or something like that.

I love it when you look at the small print on the bottom of the advert and it's turned out that they've surveyed 103 women lol

Supposed to be on a night shift at the hospital in Brighton. Been stuck on m23 since 1930 in the snow, hasnt moved an inch. :( Queue goes from gatwick airport all the way down to Brighton seafront. Nice of work to tell me before I left. Guess it's my own fault for not checking traffic.

Looks like we're here all night. Raarrr.

Supposed to be on a night shift at the hospital in Brighton. Been stuck on m23 since 1930 in the snow, hasnt moved an inch. :( Queue goes from gatwick airport all the way down to Brighton seafront. Nice of work to tell me before I left. Guess it's my own fault for not checking traffic.

You've been in traffic for 83 years????????

Seriously though, sounds a bit of a shitter. Hope you bought some biscuits with you.

You've been in traffic for 83 years????????

Seriously though, sounds a bit of a shitter. Hope you bought some biscuits with you.

Id made a victoria sponge for the nurses at work. Im considering just smashing the whole thing lol.

Apparently hospital is in meltdown. There are wards where not one nurse could get in. People having to stay and work the night having just done 13 hour shifts.

Id made a victoria sponge for the nurses at work. Im considering just smashing the whole thing lol.

Apparently hospital is in meltdown. There are wards where not one nurse could get in. People having to stay and work the night having just done 13 hour shifts.

If you get stuck all night then at least you'll legitimately be able to eat cake for breakfast. That's something most of us can only dream of. Every cloud...

That's manic about the hospital! I didn't realise it was so bad near Brighton. I'm in North London and while there's been God awful wind and snow fall nothing has settled.

Feel for you...experienced this back in 2010 and the frustration and anger was incredible, hope youve got a bit of food, drink and internet access. :thumbup:

Can they not send an ambulance out to pick you up? Just stick the sirens on and your golden.

Anyway you think you've got it bad I can't sleep because the heating is on too high in my hotel room and I can't be arsed to get out of bed to switch it off.

Can they not send an ambulance out to pick you up? Just stick the sirens on and your golden.

Anyway you think you've got it bad I can't sleep because the heating is on too high in my hotel room and I can't be arsed to get out of bed to switch it off.

Haha you c*** lol

Ambulances cant even get around Brighton cos they didnt bother to grit the roads despite Brighton being all hills.

Im like 30 miles away anyway on the m23 near Crawley.7 hours without moving now... I think im going mad. Ive painted a face on the irn bru bottle I pissed in earlier and called it Wilson.

Some bloke in high vis just knocked on my window to see if I was ok while I was picking my nose.

Haha you c*** lol

Ambulances cant even get around Brighton cos they didnt bother to grit the roads despite Brighton being all hills.

Im like 30 miles away anyway on the m23 near Crawley.7 hours without moving now... I think im going mad. Ive painted a face on the irn bru bottle I pissed in earlier and called it Wilson.

Some bloke in high vis just knocked on my window to see if I was ok while I was picking my nose.

Wow thats service... was he offering to help?

Edited by ozleicester

Haha you c*** lol

Have you made it??

Haha you c*** lol

Just seen it all on the news, jeez, sorry for flippancy, didn't realise how bad it was, hope you made it ok.

If anyone is worried about me I did eventually get out of bed and switch off the radiator and got a decent 6 hours sleep.

I got home about 515am in the end so not too bad considering by that point was expecting to be there well into the day. Jam I was stuck in was over 30 miles long apparently.

Tbh, I was warm, had food, 3G, phone charger, good music and fags so all in all much more fun than being at work looking back.

God! First world problems, eh?

I had a 1 man party, but for people in old cars with kids in the back where you couldnt keep the heat on without it raping the petrol, or didnt have enough petrol it was freezing cold. It was still snowing up to about 2am. One couple on news had a newborn baby , no milk and couldnt keep heat on. It's still first world problems obviously but can see how upsetting it was for some.

I had a 1 man party, but for people in old cars with kids in the back where you couldnt keep the heat on without it raping the petrol, or didnt have enough petrol it was freezing cold. It was still snowing up to about 2am. One couple on news had a newborn baby , no milk and couldnt keep heat on. It's still first world problems obviously but can see how upsetting it was for some.

I was messing. It sounds absolutely horrific. I think five hours on the M25 is too much.