Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Why?

I can't say for definite, but there are a number of people who irritate me without having actually done anything specific. I'd guess there is the Derbyshire connection, but I always used to be disappointed to see him in an England team.

I can't say for definite, but there are a number of people who irritate me without having actually done anything specific. I'd guess there is the Derbyshire connection, but I always used to be disappointed to see him in an England team.

Derbyshire were virtually a Minor County side when he was there, and I'll always remember his performance against the West Indies at Lord's in 2000, when he scored 30-odd to beat them. And his fall-out with Nasser Hussain is quite amusing.

Nick Knight really gets on my nerves for some reason, not sure why though :unsure:

Derbyshire were virtually a Minor County side when he was there, and I'll always remember his performance against the West Indies at Lord's in 2000, when he scored 30-odd to beat them. And his fall-out with Nasser Hussain is quite amusing.

Nick Knight really gets on my nerves for some reason, not sure why though :unsure:

Don't get me started on Nicholas. :@

I gave him the evils, as he was on his way out of Grace Road the other year. It worked. :devil:

Don't get me started on Nicholas. :@

I gave him the evils, as he was on his way out of Grace Road the other year. It worked. :devil:

I honestly don't know why I don't like him though. Must be his smugness at realising he is quite good-looking :angry:>_<

Bob Willis is another gear-grinder. Miserable tosser. Agree?

I honestly don't know why I don't like him though. Must be his smugness at realising he is quite good-looking :angry:>_<

Bob Willis is another gear-grinder. Miserable tosser. Agree?

Nick Knight is not, I repeat, not good looking. Smug yes, good looking no.

Bob Willis, I concur.

Well I wasn't expecting such a response. Apologies for grinding everyones gears regarding taking phones into bathrooms.

Shouldn't worry, I take my phone with me to the bathroom all the time. Texting in the bath gives you something to do while you're swishing around getting squeaky clean, anyway. :D

(no pun intended)

Spending £450 on a new clutch for a car with less than 22k on the clock.

OUCH

hmmm, sounds like the classic 'friday afternoon' car......i had a car like that. the shock absorbers 'went' after 5k cost me 70 quid for fiat to tell me what i already knew. they, then, wanted to charge me 50 quid per shock absorber after that plus 80 quid fitting.....i went and bought some for 30 quid and fitted them myself, as far as i know they're still on the car (and working) 10 years later. so i avoid dealers nower days.

what also annoys me is not having a pound sign on this keyboard!

hmmm, sounds like the classic 'friday afternoon' car......i had a car like that. the shock absorbers 'went' after 5k cost me 70 quid for fiat to tell me what i already knew. they, then, wanted to charge me 50 quid per shock absorber after that plus 80 quid fitting.....i went and bought some for 30 quid and fitted them myself, as far as i know they're still on the car (and working) 10 years later. so i avoid dealers nower days.

what also annoys me is not having a pound sign on this keyboard!

It's not really one of those (it's a design fault quite common on my car) but I know what you mean. I had a 306 and nearly EVERYTHING went wrong on it, and usually at great expense, and like a complete idiot I got it fixed at the Peugeot garage. It was possibly the worst car ever built reliability wise...I know Peugeot don't enjoy a brilliant reputation for reliability, but if they were all as bad as mine was they'd have gone out of business years ago. I think one of the problems with it was that it was built in Britain.

The only positive, if you can call it that, about the work I've just had done is that the local Vauxhall dealer quoted me £1,100.00. Yes, you read it right. Cheers guys

I hate cars. After passing its MOT on Thursday, mine went in for a service yesterday, and a simple cam belt change turned into one of the biggest palavas ever. Then this morning, as we set out for Scunneh, the engine failure light comes on! Turns out it was a loose connection, but what with the brake failure light coming on now, I have had enough.

I also don't like passenger seat drivers. :angry:

I hate cars. After passing its MOT on Thursday, mine went in for a service yesterday, and a simple cam belt change turned into one of the biggest palavas ever. Then this morning, as we set out for Scunneh, the engine failure light comes on! Turns out it was a loose connection, but what with the brake failure light coming on now, I have had enough.

I also don't like passenger seat drivers. :angry:

Ha you were fuming when you got to the pub. I'm glad the presence of Katy calmed you down a bit :thumbup:

Ha you were fuming when you got to the pub. I'm glad the presence of Katy calmed you down a bit :thumbup:

Cheers me dears!

The restorative effects of Red Bull too. That stuff should be given out free. Never underestimate it's capabilities.

Goodness me I could never do that. Sometimes I have 100% red bull flowing through my veins.

I'm normally ok with the stuff, it's when vodka is added to it when the fun begins!!